OEC & Chaddy End Changes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this Family Area in the small section of the RRE - for two years kids have been watching this fantastic new stand go up. Imagine the conversations in August

"are we going in the New Stand dad?"

"err, no"

"why not?"

"season tickets are still cheaper in the Family Section"

"oh, so we're staying in the Chaddy End? Same seats?"

"Err, no"

"Well where then?"

"You know that small section of the away end?......"

Well that's bollocks, isn't it? They'd be right beside the shiny big new stand in the Chaddy family area. Either way if you want to pay more you can take them in it

Let's face it, the new stand would look a bit :censored:ty with 500 punters sat in it !

This move is purely and simply a means of increasing the numbers sat there next season,nothing more and nothing less.

So, unless i decide to infiltrate the Chaddy with Coco it looks like i will be sampling the wonderful facilities on offer in the North stand after 37 years of not liking change ;-)

All in the name of progress.

Look forward to "The Athleticos" returning to the RRE. Should be a good atmosphere next season.

This is the major positive in my opinion. Putting home fans in the end that sounds the loudest should create a decent atmosphere. Dislike the fact that away fans will be so far from vocal home fans but this is a half decent compromise.

It will be weird looking out upon a Chaddy without 'tics in there though. It'll take time to get used to that.

If the kids are going to mither you to go in the new stand they aren't going to be bought off by staying in the Chaddy

I didn't get that far in my imaginary conversation.

I was trying to keep it succinct.

Do I need to take it to it's teary conclusion where the boy get's a life ban after going for :censored:peas? :grin:

The problem I have with this is that it does make good sense. It could be they licked their finger and stuck it in the air. It could be they did speak to some people. They didn't ask everyone but then as it is a sensible thing to do creating a family area and not having to ask anyone to move again and giving the away fans the worse facilities and so on. Why not try the OEC next season, Chaddy End, where you can shout at those nasty deprived away supporters.

They could have given Chaddy End ST holders first dibs on other stands, but apart from that, it's the right decision.

I was debating whether to go to the Peterborough game, but I'll definitely make the effort for the last game in the Chaddy. The club and/or fans should try and fill it for one last time, probably get a few more in if you reduce prices slightly and get as many Latics in as possible.

EDIT: Just seen the 'Chaddy End Party Time' Thread.

Edited by oafc-latics

They could have given Chaddy End ST holders first dibs on other stands, but apart from that, it's the right decision.

I was debating whether to go to the Peterborough game, but I'll definitely make the effort for the last game in the Chaddy. The club and/or fans should try and fill it for one last time, probably get a few more in if you reduce prices slightly and get as many Latics in as possible.

Apart from us ex-Lookers people who are getting first dibs on the new stand. Once we're sorted they can do what they like.

I do think a sweetener for those forced to relocate is in order. Even if it's just a £10 Sports Direct voucher, free pie for the first three games voucher or something along those lines.

Consultation is all well and good but from reading previous threads on the subject those who feel particularly strongly about the subject are a very small minority. That said, I'd like to understand more clearly the rationale for upsetting that minority who appear to be long standing fans with a passion for the football club. One wonders about policing costs (although this has been given as a reason not to make the change in the past).

For what it's worth I support the decision. But then it suits me not to be kicked out of the RRE every time a team with a following over 1,400 rocks up at BP.

A proper family area is a positive thing too and part of growing the future fan base. Developing that effectively is, for me, a big part of what the club needs to do.

But I do hope that, given time to reflect, those fans who are naffed off with the change do stick with Latics and continue to enjoy their football in a new stand at an even fuller Boundary Park next season.

I didn't get that far in my imaginary conversation.

I was trying to keep it succinct.

Do I need to take it to it's teary conclusion where the boy get's a life ban after going for :censored:peas? :grin:

That'll save you even more than the family discount!