Baxter

Quite clearly a class player we all know that but a waste as deep lying midfielder?

Can pass but their fans getting frustrated that he like to go back and at times loomed like he was running through treacle. Not the body language of a happy footballer.

Looked a lot sharper & looked to enjoy his football with is. Maybe he doesn't like the position & surley can't be many better in the final third in league 1?

Those who think Croft is carrying weight then Baxter must be joining him at the buffet

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I did find it strange seeing him in that position, thought maybe they were using him as a playmaker threading balls through and thank god he was not used as a striker because that last one after effort after they hit the post was a mile wide.

Should have pushed him up further when we went down to10

• 1 month later...

Fat, Scouse, druggy :censored:.

Yes, it appears he's at it again. He's been disciplined for an 'incident' over the weekend.

A few Blades fans slagging him off. He doesn't look bothered, he's fat, he's a druggy etc. Subbed at half-time against Shrewsbury, dropped against Barnsley.

What a prize dick head. What is it with Everton/us? Kenny, Baxter and Green! Talented, but deeply flawed. Rooney did the right thing teaming up with Taggart.

I'd still have him back here in a heartbeat, every time he got the ball you got the feeling something special was about to happen, now we just know the ball is going to go backwards.

I thought exactly the same, only really Harkins in recent years has got anywhere near on an entertaining level.

I'd still have him back here in a heartbeat, every time he got the ball you got the feeling something special was about to happen, now we just know the ball is going to go backwards.

So would i. I've seen enough sterile crap to last a lifetime. I like maverick footballers, and i was really pissed off when we sold him, but he really needs to look after himself.

Adkins claimed he was 'out of line' - is that a euphemism?

Love Jose. Made the entrance fee value for money all by himself

Really?

Good player & scored some crackers but he wasn't exactly Ronaldo or Messi was he?

I think it just goes to show how much Oldham fans have been starved of entertainment, half the player Wellens was in his his first spell & Harkins was probably more of a flair player....

Baxter while he was here? Although he had moments of class he was a scorer of great goals rather than a great player imo.

Edited by palmer1

Really?

Good player & scored some crackers but he wasn't exactly Ronaldo or Messi was he?

I think it just goes to show how much Oldham fans have been starved of entertainment, half the player Wellens was in his his first spell & Harkins was probably more of a flair player....

Baxter while he was here? Although he had moments of class he was a scorer of great goals rather than a great player imo.

Comparatively...

Really?

WTF is this post? You do know we play on division 3 dont you?

You have attempted to knock down somebodys point that they really enjoyed watching Baxter and finished up saying that he was our third best player in almost a decade.

Fail.

WTF is this post? You do know we play on division 3 dont you?

You have attempted to knock down somebodys point that they really enjoyed watching Baxter and finished up saying that he was our third best player in almost a decade.

Fail.

I didnt knoock down his point at all, I stated my opinion that I dont believe he was as good as people make out or remember although he did well, 90% of the time he certainly wasnt worth the the cost alone imo. If Westy think that well great from him , its his opinion and it was his money...

i mentioned 2 other players but i dont recall writing he was our 3rd best player for a decade!? we currently have a player better than him in the starting 11 now so thats well up for debate.

I didnt knoock down his point at all, I stated my opinion that I dont believe he was as good as people make out or remember although he did well, 90% of the time he certainly wasnt worth the the cost alone imo. If Westy think that well great from him , its his opinion and it was his money...

i mentioned 2 other players but i dont recall writing he was our 3rd best player for a decade!? we currently have a player better than him in the starting 11 now so thats well up for debate.

Who is the better player we have now?

Really?

He got 15 goals in the full season he was with us (11 assists too iirc)

He currently has 7 goals and 7 assists for them this season.

That's more than a scorer of great goals gets. Way better than other options we have going forward at present.

Really?

I like great goals