Baxter

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need a picture painting to know the story.

He was on at least his second chance when joining us, two suspensions since, a spell out of the sport might do him some good.

I'm just saying it's a leap to come out defining him as an 'addict'. He appeared to stay out of trouble when he was here.

It's up to himself and those around him what to do, but if he thinks the best step would be to come back here, I'd take him with open arms.

I'm just saying it's a leap to come out defining him as an 'addict'. He appeared to stay out of trouble when he was here.

It's up to himself and those around him what to do, but if he thinks the best step would be to come back here, I'd take him with open arms.

From I heard when he was at Latics, his dad was extremely worried about him lapsing and was on top of him all the time. Doesn't sound like that's been the case since his move to Sheffield.

When playing for Oldham, it might help taking a few recreational drugs.

Players used to indulge in heavy drinking. Certainly did so from the 1960s onwards. Gambling is another addiction that has affected so many. It is a shame. Too much time and money.

Still, i'd have him back. I'd be in ecstacy.

Why would coming back here stop him from continuing whatever it is he's doing

I think when he played here he was still living at home and his family brought him across from Liverpool for training everyday and had a bit more 'control' over his lifestyle. Also I think being in and out of the team at the blunts has allowed him to become a bit distracted.

A return to Latics would be great for both parties but I'd be surprised if it happened because I doubt we could afford his wages these days and also he's likely to be banned from football anyway as he's already on a suspended sentence with FA for his previous drugs issue.

I think when he played here he was still living at home and his family brought him across from Liverpool for training everyday and had a bit more 'control' over his lifestyle. Also I think being in and out of the team at the blunts has allowed him to become a bit distracted.

A return to Latics would be great for both parties but I'd be surprised if it happened because I doubt we could afford his wages these days and also he's likely to be banned from football anyway as he's already on a suspended sentence with FA for his previous drugs issue.

FFS the lads 24 does he really still need Daddy to hold his hand and walk him to school

Maybe Alan Stubbs will arrange contact with us again. Must have seen something about us as a club that would suit JB. Perhaps it could work again or perhaps we move on and hope we can do a deal with the likes of Palmer. Then again just watched some footage from Forest away in FA cup. Always makes me happy! Best 2nd half especially those 7-8 minutes.....sigh.

If he's got a genuine problem, then why not?

I'd support my adult kids if it helped keep them away from illegal substances.

We haven't got any proof that its addiction, this is not the first time either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the problems while he was at Everton was that he had some "shaddy" friends if he still around these people then he needs to cut them out of his life now because they are dragging down.

Their is no evidence that him coming here would straighten him out he could have been doing some dodgy stuff while he was here before we got rid rather suddenly after 11 months. He has to straighten himself out people will help but knowone can do it for him.

Whatever issues Mark Ward had ,they appeared long after he left BP.He certainly did not waste his career.

He had a long and excellent career in the game , and was one of the best players I have ever seen playing for Oldham.

He barely missed a game ,had a rocket of a shot and was a bundle of energy.

He was bought by West Ham only days before the season began , our best talent has always been sold to balance the books.

I think a ban's unfair. If, after taking ecstasy at weekend, he's able to make training on a Monday rather than crying into his cornflakes whilst watching Jeremy Kyle, he's a true professional.

I always had him down as doing bongs with his mates while they were on the Playstation. I suppose we all get old.

I'd have Baxter back all day. He could sniff a couple of lines off Jenny's Arse at HT for all I care, I just want to see exciting players in our starting XI.

Shez would have to play 3 at the back though if he did bring him in.