33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Taylor's so bad he spent 5 years in the Championship....???? Just because he doesn't have the same pace as when he was younger does not make him a bad player. He was a crucial part of a team that kept up playoff form since he came in, and was played left wing back for the majority of the games which is not his position. He loves the club, he didn't pull up tress on his loan spell, but he was a steady performer and I would have him back without a doubt. He's far better and more consistent than some of the shite we have had on the left side recently! 

Decent experienced player I agree. He put in a number of measured performances without ever showing real determination to get past his opposite number. I got the impression that he was pacing himself through games. Still would have him back if not too expensive. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Did you see him go through one on one and then turn around and try to pass to Erwin surrounded by 3 men? That alone was enough to make me realise he cant play football. Dont think he has ever kicked a ball off the ground either?

Read that and thought you were talking about Ngoo...were you a fan of Ngoo? I hope not. Your comments would suit him better than Fane.

I'm happy with Fanes first season and I imagine that wage-wise he's not on a large wedge and he will improve again next season I feel.

Edited by boundaryblue80

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Read that and thought you were talking about Ngoo...were you a fan of Ngoo? I hope not. Your comments would suit him better than Fane.

I'm happy with Fanes first season and I imagine that wage-wise he's not on a large wedge and he will improve again next season I feel.

Ngoo, besides him lifting the fans when coming on, offered absolutely nothing.

44 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

exactly pants this

Ok. Shez is leaving to better himself at Dagenham and we have 3 first team players contracted - one of them is Reckord. Is that better ? Oh wait I'm just hearing the head coach of Heyside juniors has resigned and is favourite with Bet365 to be unveiled 3 days before the season starts with Barry Owen assisting on part time basis. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
To change as to has to keep the spelling squad of my case

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ok. Shez is leaving to better himself at Dagenham and we have 3 first team players contracted - one of them is Reckord. Is that better ? Oh wait I'm just hearing the head coach of Heyside juniors as resigned and is favourite with Bet365 to be unveiled 3 days before the season starts with Barry Owen assisting on part time basis. 

Corey strikes again ?

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ok. Shez is leaving to better himself at Dagenham and we have 3 first team players contracted - one of them is Reckord. Is that better ? Oh wait I'm just hearing the head coach of Heyside juniors has resigned and is favourite with Bet365 to be unveiled 3 days before the season starts with Barry Owen assisting on part time basis. 

*off

From the Football rumours site...

30 May 2017 16:56:35
Ronnie Moore is joining Oldham as assistant manager

I would be quite happy with that strangely enough, he would be a pretty good appointment as a No.2.

Two previously sacked Latics managers back at the club and working together......that would be pretty unique!

Dont shoot the messenger ??

Edited by oafc1955

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

From the Football rumours site...

30 May 2017 16:56:35
Ronnie Moore is joining Oldham as assistant manager

I would be quite happy with that strangely enough, he would be a pretty good appointment as a No.2.

Two previously sacked Latics managers back at the club and working together......that would be pretty unique!

Dont shoot the messenger ??

That would be quite something given the number of times he has had a go at our fans expectations and behaviours since he left. He probably had a point like.

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

That would be quite something given the number of times he has had a go at our fans expectations and behaviours since he left. He probably had a point like.

And a big point to prove if this is in fact true. At least we would have a definitive plan B for a change

Just now, L1onheartNew said:

And a big point to prove if this is in fact true. At least we would have a definitive plan B for a change

Im not sure he has to prove anything...

He saved us from relegation and then built a squad including Wellens & Liddell that was probably our best side in years. Shez gets most of the credit for that squad.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

He saved us from relegation and then built a squad including Wellens & Liddell that was probably our best side in years. Shez gets most of the credit for that squad.

There is that. 

Getting giddy now.

25 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

She gets the credit for Wellens and Liddell getting to touch the ball with their feet.

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

She gets the credit for Wellens and Liddell getting to touch the ball with their feet.

Sacked due to season tkt sales which were probably far more than we sell nowadays...

Colleague at work suggested that we are reportedly interested in Mansfield forward Matt Green according to their local press.

His view was mixed. Has pace to burn and scored a bagful when they got promoted from the conference; signed for Birmingham but got injured almost immediately and barely played; came back to the Stags last season and scored c.15 but wasn't quite as good as last time.

Wasnt sure if it was injury / not able to play at higher level / confidence.

Also, needs a good target man alongside to get Best out of him (Holloway?).