Mark Moisley Speaks

42 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He basically said yeh it's hard with no gate receipts in the summer but we deal with it.

Said about a legends lounge (ye I know the supporters bar isn't finished yet)

Said Shez is in discussions with 3 players I think at moment

Obviously keeper and strikers main targets

Said expects we can push towards top end this season

Mentioned that ye we are owed money

Said will utilise loan market again

Is there a longer version of the interview somewhere? He doesn't mention Shez or discussions with players in the one above.

I wonder what this Legends lounge is about?

It may be the same thing as the Ambassadors suite they are advertiing on the website in what was the Boardroom last season. Sounds like the Directors will be back in the Main stand again next year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, bozman said:

Is there a longer version of the interview somewhere? He doesn't mention Shez or discussions with players in the one above.

I wonder what this Legends lounge is about?

It may be the same thing as the Ambassadors suite they are advertiing on the website in what was the Boardroom last season. Sounds like the Directors will be back in the Main stand again next year.

Ye on Latics player the full interview.

The Chron is reporting that there is also an 'issue' between the club and Bolton over a late loan payment for Taylor.

I guess we are probably withholding that payment to offset against the debt they owe to us.

Might be a wise move, given their winding up petition is due to be heard next week.

3 hours ago, bozman said:

The Chron is reporting that there is also an 'issue' between the club and Bolton over a late loan payment for Taylor.

I guess we are probably withholding that payment to offset against the debt they owe to us.

Might be a wise move, given their winding up petition is due to be heard next week.

Indeed of you trot Bolton

20 hours ago, underdog said:

I'm reading it as we are flat broke, we are owed money and we have bills to pay, let's hope we pay them as the commercial team are working hard...but be prepared, we might be a bit late to the table again to buying players.

Upside is that at least we have some players on the books and a manager this time.

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

what a surprise.

It could be argued that he is just dampening expectation that we will have 23 players signed up by 31st May.

There isnt a club in the land that doesn't sign one or two of players at the last minute, that is the way of it these days, and we may be better prepared to be able to wait a little longer to get the player we want.

I'm happy with Shez's recruitment the past few seasons. Much rather this than panick recruiting of recent years.

15 minutes ago, singe said:

It could be argued that he is just dampening expectation that we will have 23 players signed up by 31st May.

There isnt a club in the land that doesn't sign one or two of players at the last minute, that is the way of it these days, and we may be better prepared to be able to wait a little longer to get the player we want.

I'm happy with Shez's recruitment the past few seasons. Much rather this than panick recruiting of recent years.

I agree. It's not really news we are poor. 

I always thought season ticket money was supposed to cover the summer and be used in conjunction with match day income during the season. It seems we may now use it to pay for the previous season. That can't be the case surely!

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I always thought season ticket money was supposed to cover the summer and be used in conjunction with match day income during the season. It seems we may now use it to pay for the previous season. That can't be the case surely!

yeah, I've always thought that too .. i reckon that it may have been used to tie up a few loose ends, on the hope that sponsor money (perimeter boards etc) and usuage of the OEC and the like may be helping us through the summer!

i guess we'll soon find out ha ha ha

Edited by thetramfixer

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Where is that confirmed or even suggested? 

7 hours ago, bozman said:

It could be vice versa...if the chron article is right and we haven't been paying the monthly invoicing for Taylor to his parent club and we have has him on loan since jan? How many months have we not paid Bolton?

my vague recollection is that some player loan deals involves the parent club still maintaining the players wages, so they are guareented to by paid whatever their contract is. The parent club then invoice the loanee club whatever we have agreed to pay..so if we could owe them...

So just deduct what we owe please Bolton..thanks

10 hours ago, bozman said:

It would be interesting to see which club was first not to pay the other.

Just now, adamoafc said:

Whose to say we haven't withheld because they owned us the ticket money? 

We loaned Taylor in January. The game against Bolton was in April... besides, the article says so (and it is their typo).

Latics CEO Mark Moisley reckons the missing cash could have a “big impact” on his club’s ability to pay the bills over the leaner summer months. But The Bolton News understands Wanderers are also owed money from Oldham, with the loan fee for winger Chris Taylor noiw nearly four months overdue

4 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

We loaned Taylor in January. The game against Bolton was in April... besides, the article says so (and it is their typo).

Yes, but surely we don't pay the whole lot up front? Surely it's monthly payments? He'll be paid monthly?

Also, we don't know which is the greater amount, Taylor's money we owe or the ticket money. The ticket money will be Around £70k surely?

Clearly we don't know any of the details here but we are the ones who chose to bring it into the public domain.

It seems pretty certain that the amount Bolton will owe us will outweigh what we owe them. I think the £86k suggested by Harry is too high as it ignores the fact that a fair number of the tickets sold would have been concessions. It is probably more in the range of £70k. We had Taylor for under 4 months so assuming we paid £2k a week (pure speculation without any basis) we might owe them around the £30k mark.

Whilst I accept that this should result in a simple payment from them for the difference, I can understand why they might be holding it back. If someone owed me some cash for months and I said nothing but then they started slagging me off as soon as I owed them something for a few weeks I would probably be a bit miffed.