Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your just speculating like the rest of us and have no idea what it will entail.

Of course I have no idea what it will entail...none of us have because no information has, or is likely to be, forthcoming until any potential deal is done. I'm not losing any sleep or getting frustrated by the amount of time it's taking, I'm just more interested on what is happening on the pitch right now because it's real and tangible...not ethereal.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I’m more concerned about the January window and who we get to keep. We’re three points clear of the relegation zone and without Bryan, Byrne and Doyle we’re going to struggle.

Badly...

Someone else will step up to the plate. They always do...

9 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I’m more concerned about the January window and who we get to keep. We’re three points clear of the relegation zone and without Bryan, Byrne and Doyle we’re going to struggle.

Badly...

Bryan will probably extend his loan until end of season. We’ll bring in Baxter to replace Byrne and, If Doyle returns to Preston, Duffus and Holloway will come good ?

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Bryan will probably extend his loan until end of season. We’ll bring in Baxter to replace Byrne and, If Doyle returns to Preston, Duffus and Holloway will come good ?

I think you'd probably be right with one of those.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

The whole obsession with the takeover is getting unhealthy.

If and when it does happen, it's not going to mean instant success on the football field. It's not going to mean multi-million pound star players queueing to join the club as it flies to the golden land of the Premiership. At best, it is going to mean long-term stability and a good foundation to build upon...maybe promotion in seasons to come...hopefully exciting times and football that fills the ground with happy supporters.

It takes a long as it takes.
What's the point in fretting and frustration when there are greater issues, such as re-discovering recent good form, to be concerned with?

I don't think anyone think its some sort of magic wand, we've seen "big" teams with massive budgets struggle in this league over the years

What it does offer is hope we might be able to keep hold of key players with futures in the balance so that we can watch some decent football this season and have some hope of being able to kick on next season.

Without the take over its groundhog day of wages being paid late, HMRC raids, assets being stripped and the budget and attendances dwindling every year due to shite football that's hard to watch

39 minutes ago, cmr said:

I don't think anyone think its some sort of magic wand, we've seen "big" teams with massive budgets struggle in this league over the years

What it does offer is hope we might be able to keep hold of key players with futures in the balance so that we can watch some decent football this season and have some hope of being able to kick on next season.

Without the take over its groundhog day of wages being paid late, HMRC raids, assets being stripped and the budget and attendances dwindling every year due to shite football that's hard to watch. Thanks Simon.

FTFY

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Plus some more French Lads from various countries around the world.... 

12 hours ago, Wardie said:

The whole obsession with the takeover is getting unhealthy.

If and when it does happen, it's not going to mean instant success on the football field. It's not going to mean multi-million pound star players queueing to join the club as it flies to the golden land of the Premiership. At best, it is going to mean long-term stability and a good foundation to build upon...

How do you know all that? And why has it taken until now for you to tell us? 

52 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

what odds the takeover goes through, we finish the stand and buy that better quality of player we all crave only for us to be relegated 6 months after Corney leaves?

#TypicalLatics

To be honest I'd take that. A nice promotion party in L2 without the leeches? Yes please.

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

How do you know all that? And why has it taken until now for you to tell us? 

See my answer to yarddog 73...it's an opinion and a bit of guesswork. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check and feet on the ground. As CMR pointed out, big-budget teams have struggled in League One. More money does not necessarily bring success but I hope the potential investment does bring about a more stable period for the club to build upon to gain that success.

What is your honest take on it, Harry, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

See my answer to yarddog 73...it's an opinion and a bit of guesswork. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check and feet on the ground. As CMR pointed out, big-budget teams have struggled in League One. More money does not necessarily bring success but I hope the potential investment does bring about a more stable period for the club to build upon to gain that success.

Shrewsbury and Blackpool apart, current top half is running pretty much in line with budgets I'd say.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't really have one. I don't see how I could, I know nothing.

I hope he's got loads of money and goes mental in the January transfer window. Or is fronting for people who do. 

But I've no idea. Like all of us. 

I wasn’t going to say anything from the info I got about the meal with corney, there wasn’t anything new. But I saw someone ask if he’s fronting for someone else. He’s not, he’s buying it, he’s rich but not mega rich. Scholes would have been manager if wellens handnt done so well. He is buying 97%. It’s what we already new apart from the fact he’s buying it not someone else.

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

I wasn’t going to say anything from the info I got about the meal with corney, there wasn’t anything new. But I saw someone ask if he’s fronting for someone else. He’s not, he’s buying it, he’s rich but not mega rich. Scholes would have been manager if wellens handnt done so well. He is buying 97%. It’s what we already new apart from the fact he’s buying it not someone else.

I presume he's also buying the companies set up to strip our assets?

Archived