Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so .. when and if this take over goes ahead, do we think they should have another 'mega' half time draw like they did against Grimsby?

IIRC the 5 prizes drawn that day were :

1.   2 x Airline tickets to the US

2.   2 x Season Tickets 

3.   £1000

4.   £250 JD (?) Sports vouchers 

5.   A day training with the players

... I personally won the last one! 

So what would we like this time around?

7 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

so .. when and if this take over goes ahead, do we think they should have another 'mega' half time draw like they did against Grimsby?

IIRC the 5 prizes drawn that day were :

1.   2 x Airline tickets to the US

2.   2 x Season Tickets 

3.   £1000

4.   £250 JD (?) Sports vouchers 

5.   A day training with the players

... I personally won the last one! 

So what would we like this time around?

No 1 if they are one way tickets.

I'd kindly donate them to SC and he can take Barry Blatter with him.

21 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Can you just confirm where you would rather be?

I'm assuming it is southend away like any other right minded Latics fan? Can never be to sure of the thought process of some of our fans? Some of them probably think that watching corrupt suits making speeches and picking balls out of a tub is better than going to a match. They must be reyt idiots.

This should be the new FA/FL Fit and Proper persons test for any new owner. Only one question.

1) Would you prefer an 10 hour, 500 mile round trip to watch you side away on a cold day in December or watch the World Cup draw?

4 hours ago, singe said:

This should be the new FA/FL Fit and Proper persons test for any new owner. Only one question.

1) Would you prefer an 10 hour, 500 mile round trip to watch you side away on a cold day in December or watch the World Cup draw?

Nah, he is an agent, he can do what he wants.

However, a Latics fan favouring a 4000 mile round trip to prop up some corrupt suits slapping each other on the back and whatever else they get up to, over watching his team?

Unacceptable.

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Nah, he is an agent, he can do what he wants.

However, a Latics fan favouring a 4000 mile round trip to prop up some corrupt suits slapping each other on the back and whatever else they get up to, over watching his team?

Unacceptable.

For a Latics fan, unquestionably.

I'm confident AL would have had a good think about it at least, he's been great at following the team.

Yeah I know. Maybe he took the last possible flight so he could stay here as long as possible.

Might turn out he is on his way back as we speak to get on with it.

Hopefully it is not the case that nothing can happen now pending the taxman removing his probe from up the club.

8 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Anyone else worried about how long this is taking?

We have an habit of dragging things out, take the North Stand for example. There are common denominators in all this and once its fucked off we may have a chance of operating like a professional football club again. I'm still dreaming.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We have an habit of dragging things out, take the North Stand for example. There are common denominators in all this and once its fucked off we may have a chance of operating like a professional football club again. I'm still dreaming.

You've got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how're you gonna make a dream come true?

A takeover, completed before New Year would be my wish.....

Incidentally, has the recently suggested 4-6 week period for the completion of the potential takeover intimated by Mr Moisley expired yet?

If not, we must be getting pretty close by now.

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A takeover, completed before New Year would be my wish.....

Incidentally, has the recently suggested 4-6 week period for the completion of the potential takeover intimated by Mr Moisley expired yet?

If not, we must be getting pretty close by now.

6 weeks was the 29th November...

Archived