Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, latics22 said:

What ever they found wasn’t late payment, it can only have been tax invasion 

Is that a fact? You've literally nothing to base that on and guessed.
I know there were quite a lot HMRC there, but to call them an invasion is exaggerating the point somewhat.

83402c39e463a77a80035e45d5f8ec7f--top-tv

6 hours ago, robboman said:

I don’t think their investigation will be over in a matter of days. Information on an hard drive (or several) will take weeks to decipher 

Agree, they will have to try and make sense of how all the companies are divide up for starters then try to work out whose got their hands in what pot, it may take some time.

9 hours ago, robboman said:

I don’t think their investigation will be over in a matter of days. Information on an hard drive (or several) will take weeks to decipher 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree, they will have to try and make sense of how all the companies are divide up for starters then try to work out whose got their hands in what pot, it may take some time.

Agree too. Newcastle, Chelsea & West Ham were raided in April and nothing (publicly) has happened yet.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Alan Nixon says AL has gone back to Dubai "for some reason".

I thought he lived there?

Could be promising. If he’s not needed here now then maybe the FA have completed the fit and proper test.

If the deal was off, someone would know.

Can anyone give me brief summary of what's been going on I've not been keeping up, there's far too much to worry about at County but always had a soft spot for Latics, so has the takeover happened and are things looking up?

40 minutes ago, singe said:

Update

Alan Nixon has replied:

"Been here for months"

He has been here for months but has been back to Dubai at least a couple of times during that time. His family live there.

I was in Dubai myself last week and was telling the story of our takeover to a couple of ex-pats.

They pointed out that him resigning from the company he runs there will cause him problems with his residential status, as his visa will have been issued on the basis of him setting up a company there. Assuming that he wants his family to remain based there, there are ways around it but he'll have to spend a bit of time there sorting it out.

Ive noticed that a lot of Nixon's comments on the takeover have taken on a rather negative and cynical tone. I don't think this in itself is anything at all to be concerned about.

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

He has been here for months but has been back to Dubai at least a couple of times during that time. His family live there.

I was in Dubai myself last week and was telling the story of our takeover to a couple of ex-pats.

They pointed out that him resigning from the company he runs there will cause him problems with his residential status, as his visa will have been issued on the basis of him setting up a company there. Assuming that he wants his family to remain based there, there are ways around it but he'll have to spend a bit of time there sorting it out.

Ive noticed that a lot of Nixon's comments on the takeover have taken on a rather negative and cynical tone. I don't think this in itself is anything at all to be concerned about.

Excellent points, I've tweeted in reply to someone that it would not be surprising if he runs it from there. Perfectly doable, albeit not quite ideal. He probably allowed a few months, and thought it would all be sorted by now anyway.
Agree about the negative slant, and most things Latics if you look. Not sure it's the same for every club, so he's probably been slighted at some point like Trump.

If the "raid' by HMRC and the SFO is a problem for the "whatever it is now", as another month rolls by, it won't just be a matter of days.  It is more likely to be a matter of years but of course Mark Moisley tells us it is ongoing.

As ongoing can be taken to mean - 

in progress, under way, going on, continuing, happening, occurring, taking place, proceeding, being done, being worked on, being performed, currentextantexistingexistent, progressing, advancing, evolving, growing, developing

- can't see how there could be a problem.

Clocks ticking  . . . .

January Transfer Windows opens up in 4 weeks and we're highly likely to lose the services of both Jack Byrne and Eoin Doyle and I fear without new investment in place, highly likely to not be in a position to bring in any replacements

Next two to three weeks will make or break this season

1 hour ago, China said:

Can anyone give me brief summary of what's been going on I've not been keeping up, there's far too much to worry about at County but always had a soft spot for Latics, so has the takeover happened and are things looking up?

No and No.

Takeover mooted.... but we know absolutely nothing about the buyer, buyers or even what they're buying, other than the only individual we've come across is a Moroccan former Player's Agent who lives in Dubai..... and whom the Football League's fit and proper persons test is scrutinising.

...the only change of note that appears to be influenced by a potential takeover thus far..... is we've got sh1t loads of foreign players registered at the club, with one or two of them that look quite handy.... the rest, not a clue.

We've 3 loanee's in that appear unconnected to a potential takeover..... that are all doing between very well and absolutely amazingly, all of which could leave us in a month.... for places as salubrious as fkin Fleetwood.

We've failed to pay everyone wages on time in recent months and in the last week the Tax man [and Serious Fraud Office?] raided us, no-one knows what for.... if the club is embroiled in something that could see us deducted points.... whether some individuals have been very naughty boys (or girls?).... or if it got nowt to do with us at all.....!

....John Terry's brother Paul and Paul Jewell have joined Richie Wellens' coaching staff - who comes across as well as any rookie manager of recent times I can think of, including Lee Johnson -  which alongside our recent upturn in form is the most positive news currently..... other than some decent initiatives like the Emergency Services day.

All in all, I feel somewhere between cautiously optimistic and frightened to death something catastrophically awful is about to happen. 

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No and No.

Takeover mooted.... but we know absolutely nothing about the buyer, buyers or even what they're buying, other than the only individual we've come across is a Moroccan former Player's Agent who lives in Dubai..... and whom the Football League's fit and proper persons test is scrutinizing.

...the only change of note that appears to be influenced by a potential takeover thus far..... is we've got sh1t loads of foreign players registered at the club, with one or two of them that look quite handy.... the rest, not a clue.

We've 3 loanee's in that appear unconnected to a potential takeover..... that are all doing between very well and absolutely amazingly, all of which could leave us in a month.... for places as salubrious as fkin Fleetwood.

We've failed to pay everyone wages on time in recent months and in the last week the Tax man raided us, no-one knows what for.... if the club is embroiled in something that could see us deducted points.... whether some individuals have been very naughty boys (or girls?).... or if it got nowt to do with us at all.....!

....John Terry's brother Paul and Paul Jewell have joined Richie Wellens' coaching staff - who comes across as well as any rookie manager of recent times I can think of, including Lee Johnson -  which alongside our recent upturn in form is the most positive news currently..... other than some decent initiatives like the Emergency Services day.

All in all, I feel somewhere between cautiously optimistic and frightened to death something catastrophically awful is about to happen. 

V good. I think that about covers it. 

I loved Wellens in the recent interview with Jewell and Terry at his side.  He comes across so well.  Doesn’t suffer fools either “I just said that!” To interviewer (Terry laughs)

50 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No and No.

Takeover mooted.... but we know absolutely nothing about the buyer, buyers or even what they're buying, other than the only individual we've come across is a Moroccan former Player's Agent who lives in Dubai..... and whom the Football League's fit and proper persons test is scrutinising.

We've failed to pay everyone wages on time in recent months and in the last week the Tax man [and Serious Fraud Office?] raided us, no-one knows what for.... if the club is embroiled in something that could see us deducted points.... whether some individuals have been very naughty boys (or girls?).... or if it got nowt to do with us at all.....!

I'd add we've twice been told that 4-6 weeks it will be completed, and also the HMRC raid does not affect the takeover.

Also the prospective new owner (and often guests) has been a near ever present at games for several months, and is a friend of the current owner but we have no indication of the funds available.

Time will tell, but grounds for optimism, but we're wary until he holds the scarf aloft.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

V good. I think that about covers it. 

I loved Wellens in the recent interview with Jewell and Terry at his side.  He comes across so well.  Doesn’t suffer fools either “I just said that!” To interviewer (Terry laughs)

Need to stop the nervous playing with his collar zip!

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I loved Wellens in the recent interview with Jewell and Terry at his side.  He comes across so well.  Doesn’t suffer fools either “I just said that!” To interviewer (Terry laughs)....

....just watched it.... Terry looked nervous.... Jewell interviewed very well. Finger crossed they find a bit of chemistry and we go on another decent winning run......

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....just watched it.... Terry looked nervous.... Jewell interviewed very well. Finger crossed they find a bit of chemistry and we go on another decent winning run......

Ones been involved in dealing with the media in football management for the best part of 20 years the other has just been appointed into his first coaching role. Jewell could be quite an asset for us both for what he can give to the players and to the coaches.

Archived