Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

Playershare get zero from me mate - Tried to give them plenty this season to raise funds and fell on deaf ears! Last I heard they were having a re-think on how to re-launch following the transfer embargo

I'd offer to give OWTB something but I've covered that too to get rid of my fecking username :D

I make that 1-0 LeesLover... 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any action on the "whatever it is now" before HMRC resolve their issues with the club would have to involve some sort of indemnity clause.

Such a clause would have to be based on a disclosure by the seller of the problem.  If I was being investigated by HMRC I would be very reluctant to provide anyone with the necessary information to fully understand what is going on.

I would love to be wrong but unless AL or his associates have somehow directly or indirectly alerted HMRC about the "problem" I would be surprised if Abdallah does not attend the Northampton game.

4 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Any action on the "whatever it is now" before HMRC resolve their issues with the club would have to involve some sort of indemnity clause.

Such a clause would have to be based on a disclosure by the seller of the problem.  If I was being investigated by HMRC I would be very reluctant to provide anyone with the necessary information to fully understand what is going on.

I would love to be wrong but unless AL or his associates have somehow directly or indirectly alerted HMRC about the "problem" I would be surprised if Abdallah does not attend the Northampton game.

The above is also the case with Newcastle negotiations now  

18 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

The above is also the case with Newcastle negotiations now  

Interestingly, the Newcastle case is centered on transfers in the 2012/13 and players contracts, so it could be that this is the case for us too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/05/newcastle-united-investigated-abuse-tax-system

That season we had Cristiano Montano from West ham, also being investigated by HMRC, and Dan Taylor from Newcastle.

"Moisley said he spoke with them and they went through paperwork before taking some away with them.

He added that the visit would not have any effect on a proposed takeover of the club which is ongoing."

Hadn't seen this on the BBC.  Speculation a go go!  End of month in just three days.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

"Moisley said he spoke with them and they went through paperwork before taking some away with them.

He added that the visit would not have any effect on a proposed takeover of the club which is ongoing."

Hadn't seen this on the BBC.  Speculation a go go!  End of WORLD in just three days!

Tweaked it ever so slightly ;-)

49 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think the latest news has taken the wind out of everyone's sails. It could be absolutely nothing to do with us or a wrong call or something a bit wrong or much worse. Not much to say really as none of us seem to have a source in HMRC

I find that hard to believe, we have sources at virtually every club that divulge players salaries to us:)

15 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It’s been the longest bloody “four to six weeks” of my life... people are probably exhausted from the interminable waiting. 

Mark Moisley said 4 to 6 weeks on Radio Manchester on 23 October, which I suppose takes us to 4 December at the latest. However, we may have to add in a HMRC delay!!

Epic burn from Richie Wellens to Ian Marshall

Official quotes Paul Jewell thus:

Jewell added: “I’ve been out the game for a long time now but I’ve not had my eyes closed. I’ve been watching games and a role like this is something I think I can fulfil. I don’t want to be the manager

(sic)

On 11/21/2017 at 6:22 PM, yarddog73 said:

Why would holding little snippets of info class someone as a comedian? You may have a point if 75% of what was posted on here turned out to be false but strangely those of us who do pass info on are more often right than wrong, rumour threads generally generate just that, it's up to the person viewing it to decide if it has any credence.

Just so you can have a laugh the latest rumour is that Paul Jewell is coming in to assist Wellens, now that may be complete bollocks so take it how you want but it's what I've heard.

First on this board i think, albeit sceptically... but Mids Blue tweeted it (to Alan Nixon) on Nov 19th.

Archived