• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, robboman said:

Obviously. But with Bryne signing a perm deal - it would've been good to have doyle permanent too. Next season could've been special

As someone else just said, could be a case of seeing how his injury turns out in which case that’s a level of sensible not normally seen at Latics - Moussa  Dabo and Rob Purdie being good examples 

He seems class, so unlikely, but of course we've signed plenty that impressed when a contract is dangled only for them to go crap when they sign.

Also, he could regress and be out longer.

Also, a loan avoids registration issues, meaning he could play immediately.....

Plus hardly anyone else will touch him whilst he is injured so we secure him early doors.

Seems sensible to loan at this stage.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

He seems class, so unlikely, but of course we've signed plenty that impressed when a contract is dangled only for them to go crap when they sign.

Also, he could regress and be out longer.

Also, a loan avoids registration issues, meaning he could play immediately.....

Plus hardly anyone else will touch him whilst he is injured so we secure him early doors.

Seems sensible to loan at this stage.

Pringle and Benyou were signed on loan “pending registration” has as Bryan - loans still need registering to be part of the squad 

Just now, Andy Perimeter West said:

They played the other day so must be done 

Yes they were registered for that game - but up until the day before weren’t hence the pending registration being clears. the article for Bryan yesterday has the pending line if you read it 

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Does anyone know how FFP works? I mean how come we could have all these players in the side a few months ago, but now we’ve had to ship players out to get others registered?

They have a mid season ‘audit’ on 9th December. We signed players after the initial one and have breached the cap since then. 

25 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Many clubs would look at that the other way round though..... 

I doubt his value could really drop coming back a longish lay off. If he doesn't score between now and the end of the season we'll still be as desperate for him.

28 minutes ago, dec666 said:

I doubt his value could really drop coming back a longish lay off. If he doesn't score between now and the end of the season we'll still be as desperate for him.

I meant we should look at it the other way round. It's highly likely we could get him for less now than if he did score 10 more goals, which he probably will.... 

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I meant we should look at it the other way round. It's highly likely we could get him for less now than if he did score 10 more goals, which he probably will.... 

Yeah, exactly. If he scores the goals we want him too, he isn't getting any cheaper than he will be now. Could still be out of our range though.

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

They have a mid season ‘audit’ on 9th December. We signed players after the initial one and have breached the cap since then. 

....add to this early exit from the League & FA Cup and it’s not difficult to see how our forecasted income had shrunk thus placing pressure on our cost base....!

13 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Rumours on Twitter he’s training with Wigan.

Wellens in today’s interview says he thought he had striker(s) sorted then bigger clubs come along and blow us out of the water.

Hope this isn't true especially after Wellens turned up on his doorstep, heartless Eoin

54 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Wellens in today’s interview says he thought he had striker(s) sorted then bigger clubs come along and blow us out of the water.

It is true that Wigan have come in for him, but I think we are still in the driving seat...

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Wouldn't have thought he was fit to train at the moment.

Archived