The Abdallah Lemsagam era begins

20 minutes ago, Adelatics said:

I have to say, and this is with all respect to Mike keegan, a fake account of Mike confirming it is surely scraping the attention seeking/wind up barrel

Yes, this is the fellow who posted that the EFL clearance went thru ages ago and folk were happy to quote him as being genuine then.

I think personally the moment I'll realise we are moving in the right direction again, is when I have to stand in line to get in before five to three!

I'm not after immediate success and I don't want us to be another city or Chelsea.  I'd just like to see some progress on the field and off it, building for the future as apposed to buying it.

16 minutes ago, bozman said:

Mike Keegan just tweeted that the takeover is very close but not done yet.

Pete O'Rourke replied saying Abdallah told the players it had completed at the hotel last night.

Make of that what you will...

The name "Abdullah" wasn't used.

31 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

The name "Abdullah" wasn't used.

Yes, you're right. Who  do you think he was referring to then?

Seems pretty clear to me he meant AL.

Anyway, Keegan replied to that comment reiterating that it was as good as done but not actually done yet.

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz OK Barry

Just because they (particularly Blitz and Gazal) turned out to be a bit of a clusterfuck overall doesn’t change the fact no one like Abromovich was exactly queing up to buy an on its arse nearly extint second division (as was then) football club. If they were Jarvis wouldn’t have needed his pound previously 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Just because they (particularly Blitz and Gazal) turned out to be a bit of a clusterfuck overall doesn’t change the fact no one like Abromovich was exactly queing up to buy an on its arse nearly exiting second division (as was then) football club. If they were Jarvis wouldn’t have needed his pound previously 

Most clubs survive without a Russian Oligarch. There are actually many clubs between the 2 extremes of Chelsea and Stockport, in fact 99% of clubs.

26 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

We would be where Stockport or Darlington are without them. They weren’t queueing up when Moore f**cked us over you know.

Wimbledon started all over again from scratch and without a ground and are still sitting above us in the table, they have managed just fine without a Blitz or a Gazal and are even moving back to there own 20,000 seater stadium in the Borough despite only being founded 15 years ago. Our current owners have been complete failures and can take little pride in fragmenting a fanbase and doing there best to run a club into the ground whilst delivering nothing of what they promised.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 11:54 PM, Stagger Lee said:

And so the Abdallah Lemsagam era begins.

I think we will all welcome him with open arms after the years of the three-ring (amigos ) circus. Obviously, new players before the transfer window shuts will be a priority but what else do you want from our new overlord?

After today I would be happy if he keeps us up!