Benteke Signs

2 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Here is a thought give the lad a chance rather than being utter numpties and writing him off before seen him even play. I haven't a clue if he is any good but don't try and convince me he should get abuse for signing and wanting to do well. Latics fans are fickle buggers. As for Wellens not wanting free agents why say it if just a way to make him look daft. 

Well said this man ?

Not sure why we have signed another developing striker, we have a few already. Anyhow, I wish him all the best.

So what is the pecking order for striker spots in the next few games? Given that the Duck played well and AH scored?  Is Davies due for a spell on the bench ( I hope not)?

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Possible the most boring highlights vid I’ve ever seen. Shots and dribbling Jebus

Striker scores goals, takes shots at goal and manages to tackle and dribble.
The guy can't win and he hasn't even kicked a ball for Latics yet.

Edited by Wardie

14 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Here is a thought give the lad a chance rather than being utter numpties and writing him off before seen him even play. I haven't a clue if he is any good but don't try and convince me he should get abuse for signing and wanting to do well. Latics fans are fickle buggers. As for Wellens not wanting free agents why say it if just a way to make him look daft. 

Because he doesn’t have a say on certain signings, and was being honest in an interview? 

This is how it is now.

Wether it works is very much up for debate. Should the manager have full automnomy over the squad? Or if he gets a majority of his own signings; but has to accommodate the owners signings as well, should he just get on with it?

Good luck to the lad anyway. 

Strangest career profile we've possibly ever seen in a signing.

2 goals in 20 at his first club in the Belgian 2nd division - probably a worse standard than ours (I'm guessing)

2 in 25 in the Belgian top flight - possibly Chapionship standard, sometimes.

Then he signed for a Premier League side who saw enough to give him a run out but then he got injured. 

He could be really good, he could be shite. 

In future the club website people would do well to refer to players with such poor scoring records as "forwards" rather than "strikers" :grin: