Club Statement(Lack of one)

Nearly 48 hours since the worst day in our history for nearly 50 years and not a dickybird from the club.

No apology to the long suffering fans, no statement of intent for the coming season, nothing to give a vestage of hope for the future , but heyho its a bank holiday so what the hell.

I don't understand this need for an apology in today's football. You support you team good or bad and they shouldn't apologise because it didn't work out how we all hoped.

30 years plus watching, I'm not expecting the club to say sorry and I'll be there next season.

As for a plan for next season this season ended Saturday and things change especially plans when you get relegated. 

4 minutes ago, BRAT said:

Nearly 48 hours since the worst day in our history for nearly 50 years and not a dickybird from the club.

No apology to the long suffering fans, no statement of intent for the coming season, nothing to give a vestage of hope for the future , but heyho it’s a bank holiday so what the hell.

See words in bold above ?

Allow them the bank holiday, I would suggest...

A video of an interview with AL outlining his plans for the future at some point next week would be the best thing the club could do at the moment, in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Allow them the bank holiday, I would suggest...

A video of an interview with AL outlining his plans for the future at some point next week would be the best thing the club could do at the moment, in my opinion. 

And will the interviewer ask petinent questions like what's next season's budget, will there be an influx of imports and is Simon Corney still with the club?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And will the interviewer ask petinent questions like what's next season's budget, will there be an influx of imports and is Simon Corney still with the club

Yeah, he'll ask for the names of transfer targets, the current wage of  'star' players, he'll get up to the bottom of if Fane was injured, how much the club was sold for and solve the mystery off who shot JFK! Definitely one to watch!

I mean, no, no he won't ask anything like that!

Edited by palmer1

21 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I don't understand this need for an apology in today's football. You support you team good or bad and they shouldn't apologise because it didn't work out how we all hoped.

30 years plus watching, I'm not expecting the club to say sorry and I'll be there next season.

As for a plan for next season this season ended Saturday and things change especially plans when you get relegated. 

Not so much an apology but just some sort of statement would be welcomed. AL has been almost a recluse in his short time at the club and I think it’s about time he gave supporters an insight as to how he intends to move the club forward, especially following our relegation to league 2!

Whether he expected relegation or survival a plan should already have been drawn up for either scenario.

12 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Yeah, he'll ask for the names of transfer targets, the current wage of  'star' players, he'll get up to the bottom of if Fane was injured, how much the club was sold for and solve the mystery off who shot JFK! Definitely one to watch!

I mean, no, no he won't ask anything like that!

Of course he won't, it wouldn't be shown and he'd be out of a job afterwards.:wacko:

Edited by BP1960

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Not so much an apology but just some sort of statement would be welcomed. AL has been almost a recluse in his short time at the club and I think it’s about time he gave supporters an insight as to how he intends to move the club forward, especially following our relegation to league 2!

Whether he expected relegation or survival a plan should already have been drawn up for either scenario.

He's been far from a recluse. He's done a couple of interviews and has been at every game. 

Has any club relegated or otherwise released a statement of intent or plan to go forward? The season ended 2 days ago.

He has been almost non existent in the media. The short interviews he has done have been a bit of a joke. 

He’s had plenty of time to address the supporters properly before the shambles of the last few weeks and hasn’t yet done so.

I’m sure fans will want to know his plans and intentions for our future, I certainly do!

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And will the interviewer ask petinent questions like what's next season's budget, will there be an influx of imports and is Simon Corney still with the club?

I'd like to think he'd offer that information voluntarily...

Maybe offer to speak to any fans who have concerns too!!

25 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

He's been far from a recluse. He's done a couple of interviews and has been at every game. 

Has he?  How does he come across?  I assume these have been on I-follow.....which I haven't signed up to this season because the previous versions of it have been so shite.

The only times I've really seen him in the media is when he bought the club (but said very little..), did a short interview where he said he'd re-negotiated the Sports Direct deal (whatever that means - reduced their payments??) so we can start calling Boundary Park..er..Boundary Park and the video of big moments in the club's history...with his face tagged on the end.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Has he?  How does he come across?  I assume these have been on I-follow.....which I haven't signed up to this season because the previous versions of it have been so shite.

The only times I've really seen him in the media is when he bought the club (but said very little..), did a short interview where he said he'd re-negotiated the Sports Direct deal (whatever that means - reduced their payments??) so we can start calling Boundary Park..er..Boundary Park and the video of big moments in the club's history...with his face tagged on the end.

He's done one soundbite, one press conference and one exclusive I follow interview. The latter two both in January. 

47 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Has any club relegated or otherwise released a statement of intent or plan to go forward? The season ended 2 days ago.

Pete Winklemen from the franchise issued an apology to the fans and has promised to provide them with one of the largest budgets in league 2. Not sure about Bury or Northampton though.

Just now, johnafoafc said:

Pete Winklemen from the franchise issued an apology to the fans and has promised to provide them with one of the largest budgets in league 2. Not sure about Bury or Northampton though.

One good reason not too! The last thing we want is to be like those twats at Franchise!

1 hour ago, BRAT said:

No apology to the long suffering fans, no statement of intent for the coming season, nothing to give a vestage of hope for the future , but heyho its a bank holiday so what the hell.

And here is the internet age.... we got relegated from the Premier League and Division 1 and got a little mention on teletext for both.

go back to work and see you in August 

I am confident there will be some news this week

I've said on a previous thread and I don't want to come across as a stuck record,  but it's hard to roll out your short term/long term plan and bring in some new board members when one of the old guard us still there.

We all need time to absorb what's happened, fans, staff, players and owner

TBA I'm sure we will get some news soon