Transfer Rumours

20 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

his valuation set by chairman is 250 k + Dino wants Palmer and Rowe up front . I heard that  that we have spoken to palmer . How intersting would that be Rowe and Palmer signing in time for saturday ? 

Have either of them got options other than us?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

his valuation set by chairman is 250 k + Dino wants Palmer and Rowe up front . I heard that  that we have spoken to palmer . How intersting would that be Rowe and Palmer signing in time for saturday ? 

Who's palmer?

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ollie ? From Crawley I presume. 

More chance of getting Roger Palmer than Ollie Palmer I would have thought. Got a hat trick on Saturday. I’d be amazed if AL was able to get Palmer and Rowe but if he did you’d have to say fair play to him.

13 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

More chance of getting Roger Palmer than Ollie Palmer I would have thought. Got a hat trick on Saturday. I’d be amazed if AL was able to get Palmer and Rowe but if he did you’d have to say fair play to him.

I’ll put it out there. No insider info. We’ll get neither !! 

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Does anyone remember in the summer where we were in for Danny Maher, Zac Clough and Nicky "not pulling up any plants" Maynard.

At what point do you start buying into all this propaganda? Better to just say wait and see 🤤

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

He was great in his day, but his legs have gone. Always remember his hat trick at Maine Road. 

A lot of my mates as a kid were City fans and we all travelled together to that game. They City lads didn’t wait for me and my Latics mates to travel home🤣

The only thing with any "credibility" ive seen to back these rumours up regarding Rowe is the Mike Minay tweet.

Its getting to something when it would be seen as a coup for us to sign Ollie Palmer from Crawley and Danny Rowe from Fylde.

I mean yes, half decent, but Palmer isn't exactly prolific and Rowe is untested at our level albeit a relatively small step up.

Just shows how everything is relative to the situation you are in.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Always liked Rowe but the couple of times I've seen him this season he's looked disinterested, should fit right in....

Can't see the point myself, we're not going down even with what we have,

Maybe next season.

7 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Ollie Palmer would be a good signing but I don’t think they would have bothered going for Dieseruvwe on loan if they intended trying to get Palmer in.

This. Also, Dino has played 1 up front almost exclusively. And we’re now supposedly in for 2 strikers who would need to play. As well using a loan on Dieseruvwe? Don’t believe it. Rowe maybe, but no chance we want and are willing to pay for him and Palmer. 

24 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This. Also, Dino has played 1 up front almost exclusively. And we’re now supposedly in for 2 strikers who would need to play. As well using a loan on Dieseruvwe? Don’t believe it. Rowe maybe, but no chance we want and are willing to pay for him and Palmer. 

We are in January, and we have scored 3 goals in a game once in the league this season. Maybe it's about time he changed his 1 up front system.

Been away on business and have we changed owners in the interim?  Danny Rowe and Ollie Palmer?  Both would demand a transfer fee so I cannot see either coming off.

Surely the PTB protest hasn’t rattled Lemsagam to that degree that he’s signing these players to avert a mass boycott?!

I’m still hearing he’s looking to sell but still asking too much.  Perhaps he’s borrowed more cash to sign these two, gamble on a quick hit of mammoth proportions to propel us up the league and should the impossible happen and we return to League 1 then he can recoup his losses.  

....or he’s bonkers enough to do all this though just to get fans onside though

....or he’s had an epiphany of equally mammoth proportions that his brother was wrong, the club needs to sign domestic and his aim is to bring peace and harmony between him, PTB, FLG plus resolve the Iran/US hostilities too...the latter is more probable though

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Been away on business and have we changed owners in the interim?  Danny Rowe and Ollie Palmer?  Both would demand a transfer fee so I cannot see either coming off.

Surely the PTB protest hasn’t rattled Lemsagam to that degree that he’s signing these players to avert a mass boycott?!

I’m still hearing he’s looking to sell but still asking too much.  Perhaps he’s borrowed more cash to sign these two, gamble on a quick hit of mammoth proportions to propel us up the league and should the impossible happen and we return to League 1 then he can recoup his losses.  

....or he’s had an epiphany of equally mammoth proportions that his brother was wrong, the club needs to sign domestic and his aim is to bring peace and harmony between him, PTB, FLG plus resolve the Iran/US hostilities too...the latter is more probable though

He's running out of time whichever way they want to pan it out, they signed Wheater when they thought that they had to and they may well sign Palmer and Rowe but again it is a reaction not something that's been thought through and planned. 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's running out of time whichever way they want to pan it out, they signed Wheater when they thought that they had to and they may well sign Palmer and Rowe but again it is a reaction not something that's been thought through and planned. 

I fully agree that it’s reactive as opposed to strategic thinking.  

Credit to the bloke if it does happen and hopefully a sign that he’s listening and admitting his errors.  However one, possibly two, signings isn’t enough.  He needs to remove his brother or marginalise his brothers involvement plus maintain regular communication with fan groups and resolve this OEC/FLG/Blitz issue too.  A huge mountain to climb but not unachievable...needs cash that I understand he doesn’t have.

Question is... can he convert the fans and repair all the damage or is that a bridge too far and only outcome is selling up?

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

well you never know...  

😂😢

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

well you never know...  

😂😢

Bassini has no money and has been bankrupt twice and banned from football once. Nearly every business hes been in has been put in to liquidation. And was blocked from taking over bolton due to having no money lol. So more chance of AL changing his approach and splashing out than bassini paying money lol

Archived