Cheltenham Town (A) - Match Thread

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I know it highly unlikely, but the fact remains win game in hand beat Exeter we’re in! 

Technically no we'd have to win our game in hand beat Exeter

And

Hope that Carlisle Colchester and Stevenage slip up aswell.

Edited by GlossopLatic

If I hadn't seen the sunshine then

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Insightful isn’t it... 

Clubs been slowly dying most (all) of that lads life... has he only just realised? 

The mismanagement at board level started the day we got relegated from the Prem. 

If I hadn't seen the sunshine then I wouldn't mind the rain.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Season over, disappointing but pretty much as we all expected 

You can’t have 4 different Managers and have a completely disfunctional structure and ownership and expect success 

Well technically we've only had three different managers

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a bloody miracle we’re still in it mathematically. Just 10% extra over the season and we’d be right up there...so bloody frustrating!

I genuinely believe had we just let Frank Bunn and Andy Rhodes play out the season and allowed them to strengthen in January the way they wanted too and not sign a load of The Lemsagams dross then we'd be top 7 minimum.

I was unsure if Bunn was good enough as a manager but his record is pretty good and we were only on the fringes of the play offs going into January. Had we then signed the right players we could easily have done it. Instead the Clowns both stick their ore in and our season has petered out. 

What has been "achieved" this season has been in spite of those 2 fuckwits.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 13

Well that was quite shit today, considering Exeter fooked up before the game it gave us a glimmer of hope of the playoffs!! The game was played a bit like a preseason freindly, defensively sound, midfield average and fook all up front, ah well looks like another few seasons in the in this shit arsehole bottom of the EFL😴

2 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

Well that was quite shit today, considering Exeter fooked up before the game it gave us a glimmer of hope of the playoffs!! The game was played a bit like a preseason freindly, defensively sound, midfield average and fook all up front, ah well looks like another few seasons in the in this shit arsehole bottom of the EFL😴

Not convinced we'll even do that..

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's my concern aswell

Just think next season we coukd have Mohammed Lemsagam patrolling the touchline and Vera and Benteke upfront Now we ARE talking!

I mean who the fook would sign for us over the summer.

I wouldn't and I'm not even a footballer...

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I mean who the fook would sign for us over the summer.

There are always players available...…….Latics or Jobcentre......no brainer.

What's needed is an idea before the season starts of how we want to play and find players who will fit that system instead of picking up any old player and trying to shoehorn that player into that system. Such as Branger as a right winger or Lang, early season, as a left winger.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I genuinely believe had we just let Frank Bunn and Andy Rhodes play out the season and allowed them to strengthen in January the way they wanted too and not sign a load of The Lemsagams dross then we'd be top 7 minimum.

I was unsure if Bunn was good enough as a manager but his record is pretty good and we were only on the fringes of the play offs going into Jan the right players we could easily have done it. Instead the Clowns both stick their ore in and our season has petered out. 

What has been "achieved" this season has been in spite of those 2 fuckwits.

The 2 FWs were also very instrumental in our relegation 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The 2 FWs were also very instrumental in our relegation 

Their was an interview a couple of months ago on Radio Manchester with Keith Hill, it was before a midweek game where he discussed Rochdales escape last season.

He said that he knew from within football circles that their was turmoil at other clubs During the run in and that they could exploit it due to their stability. He all but named us in that statement as far I'm concerned.

Edited by GlossopLatic