So here we are again, dreaming of glory after we thought the chance had been snatched away from us in Gloucestershire on Friday afternoon. 

Our players are capable, of that there is no doubt but whether they can keep a consistent run going into the final three games remains to be seen.

We have shown that we are a match for any side in this division, there isn't much that splits the top 14 at least in quality.

There is no doubt about it, win the last three and we will secure a place mathematically and we wont have to rely on anyone else - but this is Latics and I do feel we will draw one of the remaining fixtures, whether that will effect us remains to be seen.

So, here's the run down; (Even though Swindon and Crewe can still Mathematically make it, I think it would be too big a ask for either of them, but dont rule it out!).

OLDHAM:                                      

Exeter  (A)                 
Newport  (A)
Northampton (H)

EXETER:

Oldham (h)
FGR (a)

Newport:

Lincoln (h)
Oldham (h)
Morecambe (a)

Colchester:

MK Dons (h)
Lincoln (a)

Carlisle:

Crawley (h)

Yeovil (a)

Stevenage:

Mansfield (a)
Cheltenham (h)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the face of it, Carlisle have the easiest run in but they have to travel a heck of a long way to Yeovil who will be no doubt playing out of their skins, or at least you hope they will be doing, to avoid relegation.

I reckon Mansfield will bounce back especially at home against Stevenage.

Col U have a huge ask playing against two of the very best.

Exeter will travel to FGR when the latter are still currently battling for automatics so that wont be an easy contest.

Can we do it? It's more than doable but these are long trips and we never really do well in the south. Especially with Newport on a Tuesday night straight after what will be a hard fought encounter in Exeter. Would they be better off staying down south until Tuesday?

The bottom line is, we've shown that we can beat sides who are on remarkable runs, sides such as Tranmere and Mansfield today who we have effectively brushed aside, and if we can win the remaining three games we will be in regardless of what happens elsewhere.

It's in our hands now, and if we bounced into the play offs with maximum points I think we could be a fave to go on and win the thing. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Definitely the last side I would want to face if we got into the Play-offs.

They are the only side between 2nd and 6th currently where we don't have an even, at least, record on head to head. 

Something about that club, essentially since we 'upset' them on Sky in ?2011, that they've had the curse over us. 

Edited by rudemedic

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They are the only side between 2nd and 6th currently where we don't have an even, at least, record on head to head. 

Something about that club, essentially since we 'upset' them on Sky in ?2011, that they've had the curse over us. 

Kuqi & Adayemi. Their keeper slipped RRE was shut for that one and it was pissing it down.

If it wasn’t for the snow we would have made the play offs that year i reckon.

But yeah you’re right. I was at the 4-4 and if the game went on any longer they would have won it. 

8 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Even if we do get in the playoffs, we'll end up losing to MK Dons.

Bunch of softies that got totally destroyed at Morecambe, I'd fancy us to lay this curse to rest once and for all

Plus, I don't want them to swap places with the real Dons

30 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Whats the permutations .. what's the lowest amount of points we could make the play-offs with if everything went our way someone?

I think we could still do it if we beat Exeter, draw with Newport and lose to Northampton, but we'd need an impossible amount of luck..

10 hours ago, Omar Don't Scare said:

We've conceded 4,5,6 and 7 there. Maybe as well concede 8.

and how many of the current squad/staff were there to witness those defeats?

doesn't matter a jot that we’ve lost there before

half our team hadn’t heard of Oldham Athletic two seasons ago...

27 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Whats the permutations .. what's the lowest amount of points we could make the play-offs with if everything went our way someone?

We have to be aiming for 9 realistically, can you imagine the atmosphere if we go into the last game with it in hands! Full house guaranteed! 

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

We have to be aiming for 9 realistically, can you imagine the atmosphere if we go into the last game with it in hands! Full house guaranteed! 

Chesterfield finish their season next Saturday, so Wild could even ask Sheridan to come down as assistant for the last two games to lend a helping hand. 

It’s so frustrating that we’ve largely been shit this season, and we only needed to be a little less shit and we’d be contending for automatic promotion.

If only we could have kept Surridge. He might have been the difference maker.

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Only problem with that is that because of a lack of experienced club staff, our maximum attendance figure at the moment is reportedly about 8 1/2 thousand limit.

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Everyone in with a chance has at least one game against one of the other contenders except carlisle. They are the bench mark really and should expect to get 70 points which would mean we have to win all 3.then again they didnt expect to lose at Grimsby. If Carlisle slip up 68 could be enough with our superior goal difference. Lincoln play Colchester and Newport so let's hope they're not already on their holidays.