Boundary Park buy out

15 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Only a fool would think the state this club was left in is irrelevant 👍

I really don’t understand your dogged defence of this Clown.

Admittedly the Corney legacy is relevant in so much to implicate or exonerate this Clown.  £5m was written off as part of sale - was this by the sellers or through the purchaser clearing the debt.  If the accounts weren’t abridged or unaudited then we’d know the truth.  New owner at Blackpool has shown exactly how you do it by releasing full and unedited accounts.

What has this Clown got to hide?  Damning proof that he’s potless and hasn’t poured in as much as he is spouting he has?

Lets start with playing budget this coming season.  He’s stated it’ll be 100% improvement on last season.  I’d argue that we’re spending less on wage at moment than we were last season if you counter those released against those acquired.  This isn’t including any income from the Edmundsen deal.  If this Clown is serious about the team and gaining promotion then it needs to be a very busy week ahead of FGR.  We need another striker, a creative midfielder, two central defenders at very least.  

boundaryblue80 / lookersstandandy

Enjoyed your exchanges

Clearly a world apart on opinions but saying that both very much entitled to them

It would be hard to find a better example of how massively split our fanbase is yet  both want what is best for the club  :chubb:

Corney, Lemsagam. the Trust, the FLG would all be a sideshow if we could start to turn out some decent attacking, attractive football.

Oh for the days when no one hardly ever mentioned our owner

Edited by tGWB
Spello
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I really don’t understand your dogged defence of this Clown.

Admittedly the Corney legacy is relevant in so much to implicate or exonerate this Clown.  £5m was written off as part of sale - was this by the sellers or through the purchaser clearing the debt.  If the accounts weren’t abridged or unaudited then we’d know the truth.  New owner at Blackpool has shown exactly how you do it by releasing full and unedited accounts.

What has this Clown got to hide?  Damning proof that he’s potless and hasn’t poured in as much as he is spouting he has?

Lets start with playing budget this coming season.  He’s stated it’ll be 100% improvement on last season.  I’d argue that we’re spending less on wage at moment than we were last season if you counter those released against those acquired.  This isn’t including any income from the Edmundsen deal.  If this Clown is serious about the team and gaining promotion then it needs to be a very busy week ahead of FGR.  We need another striker, a creative midfielder, two central defenders at very least.  

He's got 3 years to achieve promotion according to the plan.

Budget will be better, 100%. Not the budget will be 100% better.

• Like 1

Can’t believe you lot are even wasting your time on BB80. The guy massively disliked Corney, as many of us did, the difference is he disliked him so much, he’s letting it cloud his opinion of the new guy because he chucked a couple of statements out slagging off our past owners running of the club.

If he can’t see it now he’ll just have to wait until it goes completely tits up.

Edited by dec666

1 minute ago, dec666 said:

Can’t believe you lot are even wasting your time on BB80. The guy massively disliked Corney, as many of us did, the difference is he disliked him so much, he’s letting it cloud his opinion of the new guy because he chucked a couple of statements out slagging off our past owners running of the club.

If he can’t see it now he’ll just have to wait until it goes completely tits up.

Can you describe to me how it goes tits up? I am presuming you mean financially?  

41 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Correct. Only someone who struggles with English would read what I write and think I believe them unconditionally. 

I've looked as far back till I  found an actual critical post.

I had to go back to November 2018.

Very interesting and considered post. and fair. Critical but not harshly so. Adn acknowledging the interference is at least understandable, but I thnik the issue most have is stating who to play.

Since then,  it's been more snappy and soundbitey.

I  just would like to know what has changed. It really is like you know information but are not divulging and I am trying to understand it.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can you describe to me how it goes tits up? I am presuming you mean financially?  

No idea, but I can’t imagine it’ll be pretty when the toys come out of the pram.

Give it 5 or 6 games of this season and the Lemmy fans will turn. That’s all most fans care about ultimately.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

I've looked as far back till I  found an actual critical post.

I had to go back to November 2018.

Very interesting and considered post. and fair. Critical but not harshly so. Adn acknowledging the interference is at least understandable, but I thnik the issue most have is stating who to play.

Since then,  it's been more snappy and soundbitey.

I  just would like to know what has changed. It really is like you know information but are not divulging and I am trying to understand it.

You won't understand because you simply don't want to. Since my post you've quoted...

Players being paid properly now

Interfering in the team selection stopped after Scholes left

Changed club policy/model to a different approach from one that hasn't work in 2 decades

Outlined his plan for promotion within 2 years with a Head Coach and a youthful side

He states he wants to balance the books

I know it's not to yours or the echo chambers taste, but I'm happy to see if it can work and he can achieve these things. Hard to understand?

20 minutes ago, dec666 said:

I know BB80 personally, which is why I "waste my time" debating with him (mainly on Twitter as opposed to here) about the club. I disagree with him massively on this, but I'll give him his due - he does put reasoned arguments forward for his opinions (even if he is talking shite... 😉)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You won't understand because you simply don't want to. Since my post you've quoted...

Changed club policy/model to a different approach from one that hasn't work in 2 decades

Outlined his plan for promotion within 2 years with a Head Coach and a youthful side

I know it's not to yours or the echo chambers taste, but I'm happy to see if it can work and he can achieve these things. Hard to understand?

C'mon, I respect you a lot-your knowledge, commitment to stop the Rot, past insider knowledge and regular following the club. I literally said I am trying to understand your standpoint. I'm hardly the only one that finds it perplexing at the moment.
I acknowledge and appreciate the points you raised. And it would be wrong in this thread to go over them with a fine tooth comb but the worry is they are hardly proven yet and a massive gamble.

• Like 1

Another lie told by AL He states the following in his statement on the club's website-

Simply put, due to unreasonable commercial terms, it is not financially viable or possible for the Club to utilise the North Stand for the upcoming friendly matches without suffering financial loss.

Yet the real truth is this from the FLG  -

Whitehead and Brooke opened the floor up to questions from an audience that looked excited, if a little sceptical, about the plans they had just seen. One of the key concerns of the fans present was around the use of the North Stand for the upcoming season. It came to light that the seats in the stand are available to be used by the club, providing the club meet fire safety regulations known as the ‘Green Guide’. The seats in the stand are part of the club’s leasehold on the stadium and are not part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA). The SLA allows for use of the stand’s hospitality facilities, which is separate from the rent the club pays for use of the stadium and covers the cost of food and other amenities provided on matchday by the OEC. If the club chooses not to use the OEC, there will be no financial impact on the FLG, as the club collects matchday revenue and the OEC makes no profit from the SLA.

47 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Another lie told by AL He states the following in his statement on the club's website-

Simply put, due to unreasonable commercial terms, it is not financially viable or possible for the Club to utilise the North Stand for the upcoming friendly matches without suffering financial loss.

Whitehead and Brooke opened the floor up to questions from an audience that looked excited, if a little sceptical, about the plans they had just seen. One of the key concerns of the fans present was around the use of the North Stand for the upcoming season. It came to light that the seats in the stand are available to be used by the club, providing the club meet fire safety regulations known as the ‘Green Guide’. The seats in the stand are part of the club’s leasehold on the stadium and are not part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA). The SLA allows for use of the stand’s hospitality facilities, which is separate from the rent the club pays for use of the stadium and covers the cost of food and other amenities provided on matchday by the OEC. If the club chooses not to use the OEC, there will be no financial impact on the FLG, as the club collects matchday revenue and the OEC makes no profit from the SLA.

Are friendlies included?  Is the agreement for share of proceeds from sales at kiosks the same for friendlies as for full matches. Is there a contract for the season that doesn’t include friendlies?

Just questions. I have no answers. 

47 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Not necessarily wrong or lies from either side.

Maybe it costs money for the fire safety certificate so the club haven't bothered. If people use the seats I imagine there is an outlay for stewarding of the stand.

AL likely thought fuck it, we'll not use it, save a few quid for Urko's wages.

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not necessarily wrong or lies from either side.

Maybe it costs money for the fire safety certificate so the club haven't bothered. If people use the seats I imagine there is an outlay for stewarding of the stand.

AL likely thought fuck it, we'll not use it, save a few quid for Urko's wages.

Not how he dressed it up though was it? Seems a perfectly reasonable assumption though.

Can anyone shed some light on who were the watchers in the North stand during the Stockport friendly? Given the club didn't use it. Were they the mysterious missing FLG members or just freeloaders? 

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Can anyone shed some light on who were the watchers in the North stand during the Stockport friendly? Given the club didn't use it. Were they the mysterious missing FLG members or just freeloaders? 

ballboys?

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Ghosts.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Nobody tell him (them).....  

On 7/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

I dislike AL but I’ll be as balanced as I can be in my comments you have made:

Players being paid properly now – Yes, they are. Been late once since January. Considerably better than previous regime and also a lot better considering other teams in similar region to us i.e. Bury/Bolton/Macclesfield. Credit to him for this as well as very few winding up petitions which is positive.

Interfering in the team selection stopped after Scholes left – Yes, can buy this too. However, when Scholes left we were well adrift of the playoffs and seemingly left Wild to it. Sadly, I do believe this will return given the new season and the new recruitment model.

Changed club policy/model to a different approach from one that hasn't work in 2 decades – I presume you mean club policy/model as in the new recruitment model? If so, does this not worry you? Albeit, very little has worked for years except the occasional season, this is not a model you should be going down when in 4th division of English Football. If you were going to go down this route and use this business model then surely you need somebody involved in signing players who has contacts at a variety of clubs as well as a very good knowledge of domestic based players. Unfortunately, in my opinion Barry Owen nor Mo Lemsagam give me satisfaction of this. Do they you?

Outlined his plan for promotion within 2 years with a Head Coach and a youthful side – Head Coach suggests to me that it is what it says on the tin. Coach, not manager. If this is the case, does the coach have an input on signings? I’d hazard a guess not given we signed Gary Woods from Hamilton, Zak Mills from Morecambe and Scott Wilson from Macclesfield, all of whom seem solid signings to be far but let’s be honest Banide would not have a clue who these players are. If he is not having input in signings, has he got input in picking the team? To me, once again debatable.

Building a youthful side is interesting too. What constitutes as a youthful side? We have signed 7 players this summer (Mills, Iacovitti, Woods, Wilson, Kokos, Azankpo, Eagles). The average age of these is 26. Not that young really. Again, things could change but the only one that I can see for the future in those 7 that could be of financial benefit of Latics is Kokos.

He states he wants to balance the books – Again, that’s fair enough and only time will tell. I have my doubts on this and many of them. The accounts or P/L that was published, not audited may I add shows a decrease in debt of £5.56m. If that is what it says in black and white, I would be amazed! Delighted nonetheless but amazed. Why do I say this? Well, imagine you took over a debt ridden business and stated you wanted to balance the books and to do so, you were wiping off the debt using your own money and own life savings (as has been mentioned by AL before) surely you would show everybody how much you had put in? Hide absolutely nothing. Get them audited and flaunt it everywhere to prove people wrong. This hasn’t been done. Full accounts requested by the Trust, he has not been forthcoming. This doesn’t quite sit right with me.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, negatives massively outweigh the positives that he has brought to the club. Obviously people have their own thoughts and I fully appreciate and respect all opposing opinions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I dislike AL but I’ll be as balanced as I can be in my comments you have made:

Players being paid properly now – Yes, they are. Been late once since January. Considerably better than previous regime and also a lot better considering other teams in similar region to us i.e. Bury/Bolton/Macclesfield. Credit to him for this as well as very few winding up petitions which is positive.

Interfering in the team selection stopped after Scholes left – Yes, can buy this too. However, when Scholes left we were well adrift of the playoffs and seemingly left Wild to it. Sadly, I do believe this will return given the new season and the new recruitment model.

Changed club policy/model to a different approach from one that hasn't work in 2 decades – I presume you mean club policy/model as in the new recruitment model? If so, does this not worry you? Albeit, very little has worked for years except the occasional season, this is not a model you should be going down when in 4th division of English Football. If you were going to go down this route and use this business model then surely you need somebody involved in signing players who has contacts at a variety of clubs as well as a very good knowledge of domestic based players. Unfortunately, in my opinion Barry Owen nor Mo Lemsagam give me satisfaction of this. Do they you?

Outlined his plan for promotion within 2 years with a Head Coach and a youthful side – Head Coach suggests to me that it is what it says on the tin. Coach, not manager. If this is the case, does the coach have an input on signings? I’d hazard a guess not given we signed Gary Woods from Hamilton, Zak Mills from Morecambe and Scott Wilson from Macclesfield, all of whom seem solid signings to be far but let’s be honest Banide would not have a clue who these players are. If he is not having input in signings, has he got input in picking the team? To me, once again debatable.

Building a youthful side is interesting too. What constitutes as a youthful side? We have signed 7 players this summer (Mills, Iacovitti, Woods, Wilson, Kokos, Azankpo, Eagles). The average age of these is 26. Not that young really. Again, things could change but the only one that I can see for the future in those 7 that could be of financial benefit of Latics is Kokos.

He states he wants to balance the books – Again, that’s fair enough and only time will tell. I have my doubts on this and many of them. The accounts or P/L that was published, not audited may I add shows a decrease in debt of £5.56m. If that is what it says in black and white, I would be amazed! Delighted nonetheless but amazed. Why do I say this? Well, imagine you took over a debt ridden business and stated you wanted to balance the books and to do so, you were wiping off the debt using your own money and own life savings (as has been mentioned by AL before) surely you would show everybody how much you had put in? Hide absolutely nothing. Get them audited and flaunt it everywhere to prove people wrong. This hasn’t been done. Full accounts requested by the Trust, he has not been forthcoming. This doesn’t quite sit right with me.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, negatives massively outweigh the positives that he has brought to the club. Obviously people have their own thoughts and I fully appreciate and respect all opposing opinions.

Although the club policy model has not worked for 20 years, we know that a significant factor is because of the severe financial shortfall of course.
What BB conveniently ignores is that the same model for the past 20 years has worked at countless other clubs elsewhere and the new model worked at but a handful of clubs. Even then highly doubtful it has happened with the interference and nepotism we are using.