Pre Season 2019

Whilst we’re at it I would like to add that the camera work on the videos is shocking . Now it could be the camera work or the actual sessions because it seems there is absolutely no structure to what they’re doing.

There has always been, and will continue to be a divide in the changing room between the British lads and AL’s lads. It was at its worst when we got relegated, the two groups wouldn’t speak to each other. Bunn and Rhodes got things going again but with a French manager in I can see the British lads becoming the minority in the group. You can hear in the videos there is absolutely no effort to enforce the English language, even instructions are given in French and then English.

59 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If Maouche is our captain. God will need to help us.... cos he ain't no leader.

One asserts...

I've explained this. 

One patronises...

Like us all, you're entitled to have one.... I just don't think we can conclude it from 20 mins of training video footage.

One misses the point

We'll see whether is (it) exists when we start the season.....

One says something we can agree on

😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Whilst we’re at it I would like to add that the camera work on the videos is shocking . Now it could be the camera work or the actual sessions because it seems there is absolutely no structure to what they’re doing.

There has always been, and will continue to be a divide in the changing room between the British lads and AL’s lads. It was at its worst when we got relegated, the two groups wouldn’t speak to each other. Bunn and Rhodes got things going again but with a French manager in I can see the British lads becoming the minority in the group. You can hear in the videos there is absolutely no effort to enforce the English language, even instructions are given in French and then English.

That's not quite true, it all depends what group or what player he is speaking to. Surely, you would want the manager to speak in the players first language if possible in order for them to understand all instructions/coaching points stated to them? 

Whether that be English/French or whatever other language, so long as it's repeated to the group in both first languages it really matters not what language they get spoken to in individually. 

Having coached younger age groups previously, when we played Manchester City under 12's, their coach spoke in Portuguese then in French and finally in English. Didn't harm the way they played or how they progressed as a side to be fair.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Edited by unsworthlatic
Double Post

19 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

If Maouche is our captain. God will need to help us.... cos he ain't no leader.

One asserts...

I've explained this. 

One patronises...

Like us all, you're entitled to have one.... I just don't think we can conclude it from 20 mins of training video footage.

One misses the point

We'll see whether is (it) exists when we start the season.....

One says something we can agree on

😉

Un, Une......

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A League 1 side, batters a top flight Irish side 11-0 in a pre-season friendly (fairly certain Irish league isn't in pre-season) and people question why I call it a pub league. 

According to Twitter:

Game 1 - Lineup:

1. Woods 2. Mills 4. Sefil 6. Stott 3. Iacovitti 17. Missilou 8. Sylla  Trialist14, 7. Branger-Engone, Trialist11,  9. Vera

Subs

13. Zabret 10. Maouche 19. Hamer 5. Swaby-Neavin , Trialist18, Trialist20, Trialist15, Trialist21, 16. Robinson

Game 2 - Lineup and changes:

Woods, Sefil, Hamer (Trialist18 on ‘26), Stott, Iacovitti, Sylla, Trialist11 (Trialist15 on ‘18), Missilou, Maouche, Branger, Trialist21

Game 3 - Lineup and changes:

Zabret, Swaby, Iacovitti (Sefil on ‘14), Stott, Trialist18, Missilou (Sylla on ‘12), Maouche, Robinson, Trialist20, Vera, Trialist15 (Trialist 21 on 12’)

So we had Trialists wearing numbers 11, 14, 15, 18, 20, 21

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

According to Twitter:

Game 1 - Lineup:

1. Woods 2. Mills 4. Sefil 6. Stott 3. Iacovitti 17. Missilou 8. Sylla  Trialist14, 7. Branger-Engone, Trialist11,  9. Vera

Subs

13. Zabret 10. Maouche 19. Hamer 5. Swaby-Neavin , Trialist18, Trialist20, Trialist15, Trialist21, 16. Robinson

Woods, Sefil, Hamer (Trialist18 on ‘26), Stott, Iacovitti, Sylla, Trialist11 (Trialist15 on ‘18), Missilou, Maouche, Branger, Trialist21

Zabret, Swaby, Iacovitti (Sefil on ‘14), Stott, Trialist18, Missilou (Sylla on ‘12), Maouche, Robinson, Trialist20, Vera, Trialist15 (Trialist 21 on 12’)

14 was Chris eagles from the photos. 

All the trialists are the squad fillers we know about from the Auxerre youth plus Eagles, they aren’t going to be of the calibre we need to challenge. I’m hoping them deals are being worked on. Get the feeling that Sefil is going to be first choice CB tho..

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

According to Twitter:

Game 1 - Lineup:

Subs

Any stand outs?