Laurent Banide

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably in a hotel at AL’s expense.....I can just see him now, looking out from his hotel window at the Oldham skyline thinking ‘what the fuck am I doing here’?

If you mean the Premier Inn, watch what you have to say about my house...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

FFS. We should have just got Darren Ferguson then that would have guaranteed our 5 year plan coming to fruition. 

Maybe we should, he has 4 promotions in 12 seasons .... like I said decent pedigree.

23 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

'His recent record isn't very good' 

He won the league in 2016-2017 losing once all season. He knows how to win.

1. Al Kuwait 28 21 6 1 70 17 +53 69

His record is shocking ... what has he won ? One of Abdullah's cheap options and no doubt a yes man...interesting season ahead...

17 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Those clubs in the UAE and Qatar aren't small clubs, some very big ex Premier League players have played for them ..

Yes. Big budgets.

Just what we need then...

And his record with these excellent players?

Shocking.

He's lived of the fact he gave Yaya Toure a good start to his Monaco career, after ructions with the previous manager.

Just now, Frankies6 said:

His record is shocking ... what has he won ? One of Abdullah's cheap options and no doubt a yes man...interesting season ahead...

You quoted what he won. The league. 1 defeat all season. 70 goals. 

Shocking record based on what ....

Just now, singe said:

Yes. Big budgets.

Just what we need then...

And his record with these excellent players?

Shocking.

He's lived of the fact he gave Yaya Toure a good start to his Monaco career, after ructions with the previous manager.

So he might be alright with average players then. 

Just now, Frankies6 said:

Words.

I don’t know if he has won anything.  Neither do you.  Just a typical OWTB knee jerk rant. 

What had close to 100% of our previous managers ever won?

27 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

'His recent record isn't very good' 

He won the league in 2016-2017 losing once all season. He knows how to win.

1. Al Kuwait 28 21 6 1 70 17 +53 69

I don't know who you are looking at, but he was sacked by Al Dhafra in Dec 2015, having won 1 game in 10, and did not manage again until Sept 2017 when he  took over Al Khor where he lasted 6 games winning 1 and was sacked in  Oct 2017.

The highest he has ever finished is 9th.

He's never done a full season to be able to tell how he would finish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

:lol:

Lots of managers have arrived at English clubs with little or no English. So again... what’s your point? I’m not convinced by the blokes rep but let’s not just be lazy and bash him for everything before he even turns up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't know who you are looking at, but he was sacked by Al Dhafra in Dec 2015, having won 1 game in 10, and did not manage again until Sept 2017 when he  took over Al Khor where he lasted 6 games winning 1 and was sacked in  Oct 2017.

The highest he has ever finished is 9th.

He's never done a full season to be able to tell how he would finish.

Swallow a bag full of magic mushrooms snort down a few lines of ketamine then take another look...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

You quoted what he won. The league. 1 defeat all season. 70 goals. 

Shocking record based on what ....

Hes averaged just over a point a game in a clubs hes managed.. brings that into league 2 management and its relegation form...very under whelming.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Lots of managers have arrived at English clubs with little or no English. So again... what’s your point? I’m not convinced by the blokes rep but let’s not just be lazy and bash him for everything before he even turns up.

English League 2 clubs without a large backroom team to assist?

A French football journo from L’Equipe has just been in le radio to say Thierry Henry speaks highly of him. He’s highly regarded as a youth coach, but not as a manager/head coach. He failed with Monaco when they were in the 2nd div and is better known because his owd fella is a bit of a legend en France.

19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Words.

I don’t know if he has won anything.  Neither do you.  Just a typical OWTB knee jerk rant. 

What had close to 100% of our previous managers ever won?

I know based on research.. 

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably in a hotel at AL’s expense.....I can just see him now, looking out from his hotel window at the Oldham skyline thinking ‘what the fuck am I doing here’?

Especially this week when he's probably been told it's a typical Oldham summer.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Because of all Monaco Youth, weren't the youth anymore!

Just checked his Dad managed many a team in Ligue 1. Could be a real coup this.

My Dad helped to run Middleton Amateurs for many years. As good as he was (ok I'm biased) I'm not sure this qualifies me to manage Oldham.

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You know I read kowenick's words of wisdom and don't agree with most of them but it's my choice.

Having had my say, I can and do agree with the above. Lets not knock the guy before he's done anything, give him a chance.

Bonjour Laurent.

(note to catering, can we get rid of the pies and larger and have croissants, red wine and cheese please)🍷