125th anniversary kit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Clifford said:

Tiss Darren, he turned quicker than his daddy did. 

What would you be doing if it was you who'd literally just been cleared to join the board? Give the guy a few months to make an impact surely? 

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Anybody???

Seems to me he has done nothing wrong? Being compared to BO is highly offensive, is there actually anybody with any good reason why they are doing it?

Am l doing a Lags here? 😂😂

Darrens a good guy, and has his head screwed on. Hopefully he wont become a lick arse like Big BO. I am no fan of the trust, as I think they are absolutely pointless, however at least for now he is engaging with fans, trying to find out information, alongside putting a positive spin on the the hundreds of negative reactions the club receives on a daily basis. And fyi people are slating him because he isn't bashing AL on a 24/7 constant basis like the expect. He literally has a say at board meetings, which there have so far been none in his tenure, so I have no idea what people expect. 

P.s. Kit nonces

5 minutes ago, youngen said:

Darrens a good guy, and has his head screwed on. Hopefully he wont become a lick arse like Big BO. I am no fan of the trust, as I think they are absolutely pointless, however at least for now he is engaging with fans, trying to find out information, alongside putting a positive spin on the the hundreds of negative reactions the club receives on a daily basis. And fyi people are slating him because he isn't bashing AL on a 24/7 constant basis like the expect. He literally has a say at board meetings, which there have so far been none in his tenure, so I have no idea what people expect. 

P.s. Kit nonces

Thank you. I don’t do twitter so thought l may have missed something, indeed maybe somebody may have a genuine gripe. As things stand tho l can’t actually see any reason for him to be being tarred with such a terrible slur. I would be horrified if it was me and l pretty much don’t give a fuck what people think of me.

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Thank you. I don’t do twitter so thought l may have missed something, indeed maybe somebody may have a genuine gripe. As things stand tho l can’t actually see any reason for him to be being tarred with such a terrible slur. I would be horrified if it was me and l pretty much don’t give a fuck what people think of me.

It does take a special type of weirdo to take such a role. The guys one of the good guys, yet people have instantly starting slating him on things which he cannot have any control or say on. Social media makes it all a bit of a farce tbh

12 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Do it no sponsor and minimal shirt manufacturers logo. Make it properly retro. That new Arsenal kit is a thing of beauty.

And sack off the club badge or relegate it to the sleeve

13 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Do it no sponsor and minimal shirt manufacturers logo. Make it properly retro. That new Arsenal kit is a thing of beauty.

But Arsenal's has Fly Emirates in huge letters across it?

Also, their launch did not go well...
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/arsenal-kit-launch-horribly-backfires-madeleine-mccann-hitler-tweets-10101446/

4 minutes ago, youngen said:

It does take a special type of weirdo to take such a role. The guys one of the good guys, yet people have instantly starting slating him on things which he cannot have any control or say on. Social media makes it all a bit of a farce tbh

Agreed. The way l see it is they should get spades of respect for putting themselves up there and also the fact that they are doing it for free. It should take quite a while, quite a few mistakes or some quite obvious BO style cunterry before any slating starts.

Twitter is an absolute cess pit, too many people genuine believe their POV is relevant, when in reality they are just chucking words into a self perpetuating bullshit machine.

Just now, singe said:

But Arsenal's has Fly Emirates in huge letters across it?

Also, it did not go well...
https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/arsenal-kit-launch-horribly-backfires-madeleine-mccann-hitler-tweets-10101446/

Aside from that. Probably unrealistic to expect no sponsor but as a 90s tribute, it's very well done.

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Aside from that. Probably unrealistic to expect no sponsor but as a 90s tribute, it's very well done.

Ah OK, thought you emant it had no sponsor on it. for me it's 125 years, got to be related to that rather than just a favourite of some years ago.

14 minutes ago, Simpo said:

That's the way I'd lean, tbh!

And have the stripes as home kit in cup matches, to celebrate the fact it was our original home kit.

now that i like three good kits 

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It'll be ace as we line up in our anniversary kit away at Chorley.

I’ll bet you a hundred pounds to a charity of our individual choices we don’t do that. 

Archived