Pitch update

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

What's he going to say on a official website release? Once again we have not invested enough in the pitch and its going to represent Blackpool beach by Jan. Ps i moaned to Scholes about the pitch when he was here, that got me no where?

Thats what might have got him abit more support over the summer.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Didn't look like a bog last season. 

Bore off with you 100% negativity. 

I actually agree the pitch faired reasonably well last season. There seems to be a 4 week period around mid feb where it struggles but looks ok again come mid March. Don’t see what all the fuss is about  myself 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

Paid employee praises club....

9 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there'd been a few amendments to the original statement.

9 hours ago, disjointed said:

It was a lot better last season that is true, whether that was down to the groundsman or the fantastic weather last year I am unsure. I only hope it was the groundsman because another poor autumn/winter could see a ground similar to 2 seasons ago. 

About where I am at. PF is good on twitter, enthusiastic, a good guy. 

They finally fixed the drain issue a while back, and it's been better since. They Heath Robinsoned a heat lamp rig too for the shady parts. 

But it has PR spin all over that. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

About where I am at. PF is good on twitter, enthusiastic, a good guy. 

They finally fixed the drain issue a while back, and it's been better since. They Heath Robinsoned a heat lamp rig too for the shady parts. 

But it has PR spin all over that. 

As it should. PR is an important part of promoting any and every club. Something that has been severely lacking at Latics for years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Seeing as how Abdallah’s such a despot with his staff, looks like your throwing the poor soul who updated this to the wolves.

#quickenthelayoffs

....whoever updated it, is inept and it’s an embarrassment.... I’m happy for the Trust - our representation - to make that known to club officials.... but more importantly, I’d like them to express our serious concerns over treatment of staff.

Edited by lookersstandandy

The ground staff have worked wonders but it's ever more a silk purse from a sow's ear. We didn't get the heavy rain over mid winter that we've had in recent years so it held up better, we might not be as lucky this time. I'm not sure spending 1.5 million or whatever the latest is on a new one is would be the priority at the moment anyway 

On 7/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, yarddog73 said:

Same as every year really, if we have a bad bit of weather it will look like a bog again, needs some major work which is at least five years overdue.

Dare I suggest 'plastic'? 😉

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

What a good idea. Seen some of the games in Scotland on TV and the new pitches seem pretty good. Footie is poor though-the two are not always connected.

Players hate them, they cause and exacerbate injuries. Might be good for footie but fuckin shite for a real sport like Football.

55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂

I don’t mind them, l always played well on them, but they generate a lot of hate from real players so l’m going with that opinion over everybody else. Especially internet guys.

They had plastic pitches when you were playing?????

Now I feel really old.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Players hate them, they cause and exacerbate injuries. Might be good for footie but fuckin shite for a real sport like Football.

Some great games on the mud heap pitches like Derby County's in the 1970s.

• Like 1