AL - The Positives

28 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Can people please stop saying he's reduced the debt. The edited and unchecked accounts you are working off are over 12 months old. Since then we've gone down, sacked several staff, paid off players, paid off potential unfair dismissal claims, lost our credit ability, pension issue and lost revenue from the North stand. There is not telling how much debt is attached to the club now.

Also we don't know that he has oaid off debts.What if TTA wrote off monies due to them when AL bought the club.At this point we don't know how the debt has been reduced.

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Also we don't know that he has oaid off debts.What if TTA wrote off monies due to them when AL bought the club.At this point we don't know how the debt has been reduced.

That is almost certainly the case in terms of TTA finding someone daft enough to take on the club. The rumoured wages of some players makes me certain the next accounts won't be so pretty.

56 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Can people please stop saying he's reduced the debt. The edited and unchecked accounts you are working off are over 12 months old. Since then we've gone down, sacked several staff, paid off players, paid off potential unfair dismissal claims, lost our credit ability, pension issue and lost revenue from the North stand. There is not telling how much debt is attached to the club now.

Correct.  So we don’t know if it’s gone down or up. 

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Would be nice to see a list of both positives and negatives.

Yeah, not much negative has been highlighted in the last 2 years...
Or did you mean there has been so much you've forgotten much of it?

25 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Nepomuceno 

Missilou

Placide was seemingly better than the incumbents. 

Plus what @boundaryblue80 says here.

True that Placide was better than what we had, but we could have driven Ripley here in a platinum coated unicorn chariot and it would still have been cheaper 

10 hours ago, underdog said:

I have no doubt the chairman/president has invested quite a few million into the Club. Just wish he would be more transparent with his full accounts/cash flow to demonstrate it. 

But this is about positives so during his reign, compare to the previous owners reign in his last few years. The club seems to:

Not Had any transfer embargos

Have Paid the parent club for loan players

Have paid away gate ticket sales to relevant clubs

Have Paid outstanding debts from previous owner (think it was the groundskeeping company)

Only been taken to court once (Was in May this yr on a HMRC bill that was settled).

Getting BP its name back rather than....Sportsdirect.com park

Was that the case, or did Sports Direct not just ditch us?

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

A few in there but I don't see only being on court once as being a positive and likewise paying loan fees and ticket sales.  They are basic requirements.  I'm trying to find successes that give some indication of strategy and future hope.

Basic requirements of which his predecessor had previously been massively failing at. Unfortunately, you cut the tree back too far and you’re left with something that’s withering and dying. It’s had to be a complete rebuild of the club that’s been required and getting the basics right is a start. He needs to sort the pension situation next. I find it baffling that someone like yourself Dave, can’t see that there was never going to be an overnight fix to the clubs grave situation. And would take years and someone with a lot of money to chuck away to get us on an even keel. 

2 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

Was that the case, or did Sports Direct not just ditch us?

I think he claimed that it was him that agreed a deal to revert back...

..which surely means we lost out on sponsorship money.  Is that a positive?  Personally wouldn't care if the media had to call our ground Massive Bell End Park, if we were making money out of it.  Everyone that matters would still call it Boundary Park..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Basic requirements of which his predecessor had previously been massively failing at. Unfortunately, you cut the tree back too far and you’re left with something that’s withering and dying. It’s had to be a complete rebuild of the club that’s been required and getting the basics right is a start. He needs to sort the pension situation next. I find it baffling that someone like yourself Dave, can’t see that there was never going to be an overnight fix to the clubs grave situation. And would take years and someone with a lot of money to chuck away to get us on an even keel. 

Sorry Ross but that just translates as Anyone But Corney. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Sorry Ross but that just translates as Anyone But Corney. 

Well it would...if you've no support for the man. Like it or not, he has improved things from Corney's day. And states he wishes to keep doing so. That is someone much better than just anyone. I'm prepared to see if he can keep doing so.

45 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

Given that two negatives  equal a positive he must have loads of positives 🤨

➖ ➖➕

➕ ➖ = ➖

➖ ➕ = ➖

➕ ➕ = ➕

🤡 ⚽ = 🎪

If you subtract from a negative, you get even more negative. If he were to multiply everything he's done by minus one, we'd be heading for the Championship. 

➖ ➕ ➖ = very fucking ➖

42 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Well it would...if you've no support for the man. Like it or not, he has improved things from Corney's day. And states he wishes to keep doing so. That is someone much better than just anyone. I'm prepared to see if he can keep doing so.

To say things are now better than under Corney is astonishing 

If Corney was still here Sheridan would never of left when we did and the team wouldn't be made up of substandard footballers brought to the club due to alterier motives.

This is ignoring his supposed team tampering.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I think he claimed that it was him that agreed a deal to revert back...

..which surely means we lost out on sponsorship money.  Is that a positive?  Personally wouldn't care if the media had to call our ground Massive Bell End Park, if we were making money out of it.  Everyone that matters would still call it Boundary Park..

😂

16 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

To say things are now better than under Corney is astonishing 

If Corney was still here Sheridan would never of left when we did and the team wouldn't be made up of substandard footballers brought to the club due to alterier motives.

This is ignoring his supposed team tampering.

I think you are ignoring the fact that Corney, by his own admission, was about to fall off a cliff financially. I think we’d be in admin by now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think you are ignoring the fact that Corney, by his own admission, was about to fall off a cliff financially. I think we’d be in admin by now. 

Just shows how twisted and entrenched peoples view of AL are to believe we are currently worse off now than we were under Corney. No talking to them 🙄

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just shows how twisted and entrenched peoples view of AL are to believe we are currently worse off now than we were under Corney. No talking to them 🙄

It's not a question of whether we are better or worse off than under Vorney; I don't see any rational person hankering for a return to that regime.  The question is whether under this ownership there is a realistic prospect of firstly getting the club onto an even keel and then actually progressing. I see no signs of that being a likely outcome. 

We can go down the this is the only game in town line and there are clearly elements of truth in that but it no longer is given the emergence of FLG. 

Now Im not suggesting they have all the answers and I know they have said that they could not fund the day to day running but who do you think has the greater prospect of attracting support and getting all elements of the club to pull together? 

I've reached my conclusion. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Thank fuck the Corney-haters are here to bring such a great level of objectivity to the argument...

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Now Im not suggesting they have all the answers and I know they have said that they could not fund the day to day running but who do you think has the greater prospect of attracting support and getting all elements of the club to pull together? 

I've reached my conclusion. 

Pretty fundamental that considering, at present, the clubs day to day running IS being funded. I've not reached any conclusion...it's a fluid situation to which I'm prepared to see how things transpire.