• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Same team as Tuesday? 

Hopefully we can get a little run going. 

He should stick with the same starting eleven. 

However I believe that Segbe might have picked up an injury on Tuesday. Also, will Dino be bold enough to stick with two up top away from home? 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

However I believe that Segbe might have picked up an injury on Tuesday. Also, will Dino be bold enough to leave Maouche out? (Fixed by Bristolatic)

53 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

FIFY

Well if we accept the generally held belief that Dino is his own man and that he allows no interference from Mo or Al, then whatever team he picks will be his team. 

Unless he picks our mercurial number 10 that is, in which case the #agendalads will trot out the old refrain that he is undroppable  and the Lemsagans are interfering in team matters as always. Dino is just a puppet blah blah blah

😉

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

However I believe that Segbe might have picked up an injury on Tuesday. Also, will Dino be bold enough to stick with two up top away from home? 

I’ve never minded one up top away from home, but our strikers desperately need to find a bit of form and consistency and they’ll get that by playing more. If we do two up top I expect a high score draw. 

29 December 2018. Port Vale 1 - Oldham 4

Just over ten months ago and Bunn had just been sacked. Scorers were Lang, Maouche, Nepomuceno and O’Grady - of the starting eleven that day only Hamer, Missilou and Maouche are still here. Pete Wild was caretaker manager. In the ten months since  the victory, we are now on our fourth manager and are nine places lower in the league. 

😮 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

A check on the weather may be worthwhile. Bouncing down most of today and tomorrow morning too by the look of things.

Train tickets bought, A day out in Stoke maybe better than the football 😀

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

29 December 2018. Port Vale 1 - Oldham 4

Just over ten months ago and Bunn had just been sacked. Scorers were Lang, Maouche, Nepomuceno and O’Grady - of the starting eleven that day only Hamer, Missilou and Maouche are still here. Pete Wild was caretaker manager. In the ten months since  the victory, we are now on our fourth manager and are nine places lower in the league. 

😮

A very sobering thought but I still expect us to win tomorrow 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Well if we accept the generally held belief that Dino is his own man and that he allows no interference from Mo or Al, then whatever team he picks will be his team. 

Unless he picks our mercurial number 10 that is, in which case the #agendalads will trot out the old refrain that he is undroppable  and the Lemsagans are interfering in team matters as always. Dino is just a puppet blah blah blah

😉

Serious question, would you start the game with MM?

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Serious answer, if Segbe is injured then I would, otherwise I would start with the same eleven that started the game on Tuesday.

Nope, 15 year old young’n’ get a start. Shows MM what earning 12,000 a month looks like. Agree with Dino: would rather lose with youth. I cannot believe how our 9 looks like he’s rolled out of bed at 2:45 every Saturday and our 10 looks like a lazy, sulky defensive midfielder. It’s embarrassing they are our 9 and 10.

Personally I hope the same starting 11 starts.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Serious answer, if Segbe is injured then I would, otherwise I would start with the same eleven that started the game on Tuesday.

Maouche and Sylla are back from suspension, but are  injured.😲

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maouche and Sylla are back from suspension, but are  injured.😲

According to the match preview:

’Mohammed Maouche and Mohamad Sylla return from their suspensions but are doubtful with knocks whilst Tomas Egert serves his last of his three-match ban with Zak Mills and Johan Branger-Engone also still on the treatment table’

No mention of Segbe carrying a knock so same eleven methinks.

1 hour ago, LittlePhilHill said:

Nope, 15 year old young’n’ get a start. Shows MM what earning 12,000 a month looks like. Agree with Dino: would rather lose with youth. I cannot believe how our 9 looks like he’s rolled out of bed at 2:45 every Saturday and our 10 looks like a lazy, sulky defensive midfielder. It’s embarrassing they are our 9 and 10.

Personally I hope the same starting 11 starts.

Somebody has just found the numbers on their keyboard... 😩

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Somebody has just found the numbers on their keyboard... 😩

No idea what this means and don’t really care. If, however, it is to do with the alleged wage: that figure has been doing the rounds for a longe time. I, personally, hope it’s wrong. Either way,  the fact they are our 9 and 10 is embarrassing.

Feel free to note how I have also found the punctuation buttons . . . 

2 minutes ago, LittlePhilHill said:

No idea what this means and don’t really care. If, however, it is to do with the alleged wage: that figure has been doing the rounds for a longe time. I, personally, hope it’s wrong. Either way,  the fact they are our 9 and 10 is embarrassing.

Feel free to note how I have also found the punctuation buttons . . . 

I’d rather note that you’ve just made a word up 😳. Unless it’s in Ye Olde English. 

Was just a lighthearted post as you had included a fair few digits that’s all. 

As you were. 

Let's get a run going tomorrow  at Vale with  attack from the start. I'm not into this 1 up front and lets have plenty of first time crosses into the box  and 2 strikers to get on the end of them.

Hope the pitch is playable with all this rain. 

I'll be there but it's not an easy place to get to on the train .I've always got a taxi from stoke .

I'm going for 1-2 away win

Archived