Northampton (H)

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

And I stepped aside due to the frustration of not being able to do much while Corney was there (whilst actually putting a LOT of effort in but getting nowhere) and I didn't want to waste my time doing it all over again under this charlatan. So I'm trying a different approach. What are you doing to make things better and what did you do while Corney was here?

I don't go any more because he doesn't deserve any more of my money - problem?

Yes...I have a problem with folk expecting someone to do their best by the club and put their own money in...but not be expected to do BOTH of these things themselves (and encouraging others not to either...if you are doing...I know others are doing this.)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, deyres42 said:

If only Scholes hadn't crashed the promotion wagon 👍

If only Corney had got Scholes while he was here. 

I still think Scholes would have been shit but I reckon Corney would have played it all a lot better and got some decent signings in for the next guy to work with....

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes...I have a problem with folk expecting someone to do their best by the club and put their own money in...but not be expected to do BOTH of these things themselves.

Doubt anybody put a gun to his head telling him to take it over.

I'll start going again when there is something worth supporting. 

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If only Corney had got Scholes while he was here. 

I still think Scholes would have been shit but I reckon Corney would have played it all a lot better and got some decent signings in for the next guy to work with....

He probably wouldn't have had to be that good himself to make a good go of it, his name would have got players in who otherwise wouldn't look twice at us.

Alas the Lemmys never had any intention of allowing that.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Doubt anybody put a gun to his head telling him to take it over.

I'll start going again when there is something worth supporting. 

Well done 👍🏻

Tbf, I know some dirty reds who don’t even watch them on TV now they’re shit.

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So is the complaint here that people who previously gave Corney time aren't now giving AL the same time, even though they were wrong to give Corney time at the time, and despite AL showing nothing to warrant being given more time at the current time?

🤷‍♂️

🤯👍🏻

Perhaps the flak AL is getting is because everyone had become aware of just how bad things had got under Corney and not unreasonably had genuine hope that a new owner would #dothingsproperlyroundhere.   I can't think of a single major decision that has been done #anythingotherthanabysmally since the takeover.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes...I have a problem with folk expecting someone to do their best by the club and put their own money in...but not be expected to do BOTH of these things themselves (and encouraging others not to either...if you are doing...I know others are doing this.)

I'm not encouraging others not to put money in, neither are any of the other lads. Morally I can't put any money in while AL, Mo and Barry treat people like shit and are ruining the club.That would be endorsing what they are doing. He also wouldn't have to put as much money in if he went about things the right way.

No response to the other points?

47 minutes ago, maddog said:

It’s Corney’s fault!

It’s Scholes’ fault!

It’s the Trust’s fault!

It’s the fans’ fault!

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

But when the fans try and do something about it we get slagged off (by people who did nothing at the time) because some people gave Corney the benefit of the doubt for a few years.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, Frankies6 said:

ive been told Dino wants a left back and forward and hes been given goahead to get them..I got told outside if mansfield ground that dino , Assistant and Mo that they are on the look out for a target man... 

Great stuff! 👍 Lets hope he can get them. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Two big filters on that.  Find decent ones that are available and then find some in that category who can't find a better offer.

That’s the trick. They achieved it a couple of years ago with Kean Bryan, Jack Byrne and Eoin Doyle. Same needed again, although admittedly it might be more difficult being in League 2. 

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

That’s the trick. They achieved it a couple of years ago with Kean Bryan, Jack Byrne and Eoin Doyle. Same needed again, although admittedly it might be more difficult being in League 2. 

Compare this season's loanees to last season's when we were also in L2.  Night and day.

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

hopefully get a win at Gateshead and get a decent game at home next round and a but ofg added cash in the bank.. 

Keep the wolf from the door for another month or so...

It's unlikely that we will get much further than 3rd round (that's being positive!), so what happens beyond January unless we get yet another belter of a 3rd round tie? 

We get our last installment for George Edmundson but that won't last much longer than a month or so. 

We haven't got many (any?) to sell.

Genuinely, majorly concerned

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

hopefully get a win at Gateshead and get a decent game at home next round and a but ofg added cash in the bank.. 

I think every one of your posts contain the word hopefully Frankie! Everyitnhg is on a wing an d a prayer, I wish we got something planned in for once.

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

It's unlikely that we will get much further than 3rd round (that's being positive!), so what happens beyond January unless we get yet another belter of a 3rd round tie? 

It all depends on the draw if we get past Gateshead. It's possible to get two more non league teams in rounds 2 and 3. That would be £225,000 for winning three games (if we can win them).

20 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It all depends on the draw if we get past Gateshead. It's possible to get two more non league teams in rounds 2 and 3. That would be £225,000 for winning three games (if we can win them).

It certainly does all depend on the draw but you'd have to be extremely lucky (?) to get 3 non league sides in as many rounds.

Fact remains that we have only reached round 3, 8 times since 2000/01 season which is less than 50%. Sadly, I don't see us managing it but nevertheless, here's hoping

Archived