108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycott the Carlisle match 18/01/20

2. 2. If boycotting will you

• Attend Avro game
    • Attend another game
    • Not attend any game
    • N/A attending Latics game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 02:45 PM

As an aside, I was thinking the other day how the new commercial lad seems to be doing quite a good job, certainly putting the effort in, however -  is he picking the phone up to local businesses, former sponsors etc on a regular basis aswell? 

It's very easy to project a good, big, impressive social media presence but, whether you're a business, a political party, a charity - it's often largely just preaching to the converted.

Same for newspapers nowadays with reading them now being as retro as smoking... 

Door knocking, mail dropping, telephoning people isn't to be sniffed at and is probably the reason one organisation might do better than another much moreso than would be the consensus of opinion... 

Eyresy will disagree.... 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I wasn't suggesting PTB or the club knock doors....

I'd hope the club make a few phonecalls and send a few letters though like....

They are never going to reach all these Tics fans with no concept of technology otherwise...

On 1/8/2020 at 8:00 PM, losesome said:

No and that's exactly the point I'm  making.

I know little of PTB's stuff and even less on where to find it????

That's part of the problem with us happy clappers,  we're not tech savvy.

You're tech savvy enough to post on here, so you should have no problem at all finding and following the many links to PTB's excellent campaign.

If Latics as a club was half as good at comms and PR as the PTB lads, maybe there would be a touch less hostility towards the Lemsagams and Inspector Knacker.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, Bristolatic said:

And there you have it. The division amongst our own fans that these clowns have created. Can we just please concentrate on fighting the regime and not each other?

Bollocks that. These divisions have been here for years! Started when the last regime split fans with their FAILSworth plans. Lee Hughes and Chedgate followed amongst many other pissboils (Chaddy End etc) 

Fuck me...blaming current owners for splitting fans now. Corker that one 🙈

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Definitely not started a divide, I agree with you. But they've done a remarkable job at exacerbating ill feeling between fans with dozens of bogus social media accounts and a plug-ugly public spat with the FLG / Blitz and various suppliers. That cannot be denied.

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Bollocks that. These divisions have been here for years! Started when the last regime split fans with their FAILSworth plans. Lee Hughes and Chedgate followed amongst many other pissboils (Chaddy End etc) 

Think you are confusing fans with owner in those examples.

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Interesting that there's one constant throughout all of these points of divisions, who still remains on the board..

9 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Damn right that there have been a series of big mistakes over a long period which have led to big cracks developing.  This lot are putting dynamite in the cracks.  If only they had, very soon after taking over, taken proper stock and done things properly.  A massive and sadly missed opportunity.

10 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Lets be honest, it seems to have got just a little bit worse since Abdallah became our leader hasn't it. Fans will always disagree but never has the club been so fractured since this chancer rolled into town. Not sure how you can  blame the previous regime for this shitshow

From the PTB website:

’Since the meeting has taken place, a date has been agreed between PTB and Abdallah to meet. We are waiting on confirmation of other staff who will be in attendance before, as always, giving supporters the opportunity to submit their questions to give people as much time as possible to send them into to us.’

Is this date before or after the Carlisle game?

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

From the PTB website:

’Since the meeting has taken place, a date has been agreed between PTB and Abdallah to meet. We are waiting on confirmation of other staff who will be in attendance before, as always, giving supporters the opportunity to submit their questions to give people as much time as possible to send them into to us.’

Is this date before or after the Carlisle game?

Sure you will be there cheering the lads on regardless of any boycott Big D.

22 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

Lets be honest, it seems to have got just a little bit worse since Abdallah became our leader hasn't it. Fans will always disagree but never has the club been so fractured since this chancer rolled into town. Not sure how you can  blame the previous regime for this shitshow

In Ross' defence, they're all to blame..... to challenge Ross, he needs not to be so blinded by his hatred of TTA, so to turn a blind eye to the demonstratively awful performance and behaviour of the Lemmies......

Edit: He'll reply and say he is critical of the Lemmies (and I'm being selective).... but if he's honest with himself, his criticism is not nearly as hard as it deserves to be.

23 hours ago, losesome said:

Thanks for the info. 

This is exactly what I'm going on about though. If I hadn't have posted on here I wouldn't have seen these Q & A. 

I don't want to criticise other fans I'm just making a point about communication. 

Not everyone is on social media or log into fans forums etc.

If the people that run these things want more fans support then communications need to be expanded. 

HEre is the PTB minutes from the Clubs Q&A.

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/club-q-a-10-01-2020

I just want to make the point that the FLG &Club respesctively held these and not Push the Boundary. They have been briliant in gettting the information up there, going far above and beyond, and setting an example to others

I think the club and FLG should be contacted by yout to make your feelings known and hopefully improve communication because that is a not unfair point.

Club: 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/   

https://twitter.com/OfficialOAFC

FLG:
https://boundaryparkpurchase.home.blog/

https://twitter.com/2811SportMedia

PTB:
http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/pushtheboundary

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Are you a scab?

Yes

No

I know you're trying to be funny but this sort of comment doesn't help anyone. We are split enough as a fan base and this makes it worse. We would love as many people showing what this boycott means to them but we can't pressure everyone into doing it. 

I purchased my season card for this season after finding out that my 30 years support for Latics outweighed all the crap that has hit and is now making it's way to the fan.

I still attend matches so I will be at the Carlisle game.  The money I gave last year has all gone.  My not being there will have no impact.

I strongly object to being called a "happy clapper".  If you attended matches you would see that those who go are neither happy nor for the most part clapping.  From the comments being shouted in the Main Stand Marco and Mo can have no doubt about the strength of feeling against the way they are running our football club so by being there and contributing nothing I can make my feelings known.

Our position is dire but in Marco and Mo you are dealing with owners who don't seem to understand what is required of players in league two nor how employees should be treated.  They might have to learn if they want to recoup any of the £5 million.  Talking to Blitz and the FLG so that a compromise can be reached is a must.  So far insults and protests have got us nowhere.

I don't know what I will do when the time comes to renew my season card but let us all be clear if we drop out of the football league we are unlikely to get back.  Our problem is that once you stop the habit, once you stop going it is easier to stay away than it is to return.  My alternative would be to support Mossley which is easier, cheaper and just as entertaining and you can stand and have a drink.  So for me a boycott would be the final solution to the torment of supporting Oldham all these years.

Rather than watch Latics, and spend the whole game totally frustrated, at our inept efforts on the pitch. Or trying to tear my rather fulsome grey locks from my scalp for the full 90 minutes.

Tomorrow I am going to watch Darlington v Harrogate in the FA trophy. And I'm looking forward to watching a game without being wound up and angry.

19 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I purchased my season card for this season after finding out that my 30 years support for Latics outweighed all the crap that has hit and is now making it's way to the fan.

I still attend matches so I will be at the Carlisle game.  The money I gave last year has all gone.  My not being there will have no impact.

I strongly object to being called a "happy clapper".  If you attended matches you would see that those who go are neither happy nor for the most part clapping.  From the comments being shouted in the Main Stand Marco and Mo can have no doubt about the strength of feeling against the way they are running our football club so by being there and contributing nothing I can make my feelings known.

Our position is dire but in Marco and Mo you are dealing with owners who don't seem to understand what is required of players in league two nor how employees should be treated.  They might have to learn if they want to recoup any of the £5 million.  Talking to Blitz and the FLG so that a compromise can be reached is a must.  So far insults and protests have got us nowhere.

I don't know what I will do when the time comes to renew my season card but let us all be clear if we drop out of the football league we are unlikely to get back.  Our problem is that once you stop the habit, once you stop going it is easier to stay away than it is to return.  My alternative would be to support Mossley which is easier, cheaper and just as entertaining and you can stand and have a drink.  So for me a boycott would be the final solution to the torment of supporting Oldham all these years.

I'm not going to call you if you don't go, but I'd argue that you not attending will make potentially an even bigger impact.
The more that do not attend, the louder the message. The fact you have (admirably) paid money already and still choosing not to attend is even more powerful because you have no gain in doing it.
Not paying on the day saves you money as well, so an easier decsion.

Imagine there is, say 2,000 there, but if you didn't turn up there was 1,999. The fact there is a 30% drop is a massive message. And psychologically less than 2,000 is a powerful statement even if it is rounded up to 2,000. I'm sure the PTB have no target figure, I've  just randomly chosen.

I appreciate it is a tough decsion, as is renewing, but I think a one-off statement will give the owner a clear message change is wanted.
The more that attend the more in denial and emboldened he will become. The Q&A did not give much confidence in the Board.

I don't think many  want to keep the status quo.

It's just one game.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What's the purpose of your question Big D?

I presume that you are referring to the question about the date of the meeting?

If so then there are a few reasons for the question:

1. I seem to recall an instance in the recent past when the club agreed to a meeting as long as the date was not disclosed in advance of the meeting - is this meeting subject to the same restriction?

2. if the meeting is before the Carlisle game will the Boycott be postponed pending the outcome of the meeting?
3. If the date of the meeting is after the Carlisle game then will the Boycott go ahead anyway?

Archived