108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycott the Carlisle match 18/01/20

2. 2. If boycotting will you

• Attend Avro game
    • Attend another game
    • Not attend any game
    • N/A attending Latics game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 02:45 PM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will boycott the game. However I do feel a mass walk out after say 75 mins would have been a better way to vent our feelings. 

Would also have been easier to encourage fellow supporters to join in on the day that do not have access or use social media.

Just my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, JohnG123 said:

I will boycott the game. However I do feel a mass walk out after say 75 mins would have been a better way to vent our feelings. 

Would also have been easier to encourage fellow supporters to join in on the day that do not have access or use social media.

Just my humble opinion.

I think that's an option for another game. 

Trouble is it's fine if we're 3-0 down but if it's 1-0 down and peppering the goal it become much more difficult to be effective. 

25 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Understand and appreciate this but the ground is almost empty normally anyway. Don't think a % (and it would only be a %) getting up and walking out at a certain point would make a big visual impact.

In addition, by attending and walking out, you have already given the regime what it needs i.e. your cash to get in - starving them of their lifeblood is the correct way in my opinion.

Well done, again PTB.

24 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Understand and appreciate this but the ground is almost empty normally anyway. Don't think a % (and it would only be a %) getting up and walking out at a certain point would make a big visual impact.

In addition, by attending and walking out, you have already given the regime what it needs i.e. your cash to get in - starving them of their lifeblood is the correct way in my opinion.

Well done, again PTB.

All season ticket holders have already done that for this and any other full game boycott too. So, I’m not sure that matters. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

All season ticket holders have already done that for this and any other full game boycott too. So, I’m not sure that matters. 

Any protest is two fold here then isn't it, if you have a season ticket but wish to show your displeasure then the only way that can be done now is by not turning up. As you have said they already have season ticket holders money but for one game currently those season ticket holders are able to make their numbers count in protest in this way. 

Conversely, it is unlikely that there will be a huge financial impact as many people became disenfranchised at the end of last season and have either chosen not to renew or are pay on the day attendees who have stopped going by now anyway, current numbers through the turnstyles indicate a silent boycott already.  I suspect the bulk of recent attendances (Salford aside) are comprised of current s/t holders and freebies. 

A vocal and publicised boycott will still send a much clearer message out and if fans choose to head over to Avros the numbers will be tangible. Imagine if Avros can get a record attendance whilst less than 2,000 turn up to watch Oldham, there is no doubt then as to fans feelings towards current stewardship. 

For the record I am very much of the opinion that fans can and should be able to choose to do whatever they wish without criticism or comment from others whether that be attending games or not but it is tragic to see the club dying as it is currently and I fail to see what options are out there to get the message across that the current way of dealing with matters is unacceptable and will only lead to the death of our club. 

10 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Well done, again PTB.

Yes point taken but I am a season ticket holder and usually in the 100 club. I have already cancelled my match sponsorship for the Plymouth game.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The money is irrelevant, the important thing is the visual.

You'll still get some idiots turning up, I would urge them to congregate in the Main Stand leaving the other two home ends empty.

idiots eh, nice.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The money is irrelevant, the important thing is the visual.

You'll still get some idiots turning up, I would urge them to congregate in the Main Stand leaving the other two home ends empty.

5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

idiots eh, nice.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, idiots who can't see the woods for the trees.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You'll not get everyone onside with that statement.

I'll be there, will probably stop to the end, but am not renewing next season, and no amount of name calling will change my mind !

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Can we please not insult people who do choose to attend. As the PTB guys have said - and I’d say their tone/approach has been bang on so far - individuals are entitled to do as they wish.

We mustn’t fight among ourselves - it will only help 🤡.

And there you have it. The division amongst our own fans that these clowns have created. Can we just please concentrate on fighting the regime and not each other?

7 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Just out of interest, what’s with the Avro plug? Chadderton FC are at home too and I’m less likely to have my car windows broken in OL9 

I think the aim is for latics fans boycotting to actually contribute towards a record crowd at a local non-league side. I think its do-able at AVRO if say 100 boycotters should turn up.

The record crowd at Chadderton is substantially higher (over 2500 I understand) so it would take a massive number to boycott Latics to achieve that

12 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I think the aim is for latics fans boycotting to actually contribute towards a record crowd at a local non-league side. I think its do-able at AVRO if say 100 boycotters should turn up.

The record crowd at Chadderton is substantially higher (over 2500 I understand) so it would take a massive number to boycott Latics to achieve that

2500, really?  They're pretty close to beating us already if that's the case

12 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Fair enough and good luck to them. 2500 at Chadd? Christ, where did they all stand? 

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

And there you have it. The division amongst our own fans that these clowns have created. Can we just please concentrate on fighting the regime and not each other?

People who go aren't fighting the regime, they are validating it.

Problem is with latics fans at the moment is they can protest all they won't but AL isn't interested and just dismisses these type of spontaneous actions with utter contempt.

The biggest problem though is that there is no credible alternative put forward.

I know little about FLG or PTB which in itself is testament that they lack any structure and little clarity on what they want to achieve and how the club should be run in the future. All they seem to promote is AL out , then what!!!!

The whole thing needs proper structure with some financial backing from serious investors to even begin for a meaningful campaign to get going.

As for the constant slagging off the so called happy clappers in the main stand , yeah I'm probably one, we don't support the boycotts etc because most probably they don't know about it. To us the FLG or PTB are a group of a few athleticos who organise these things after a night out on the lash.  Probably wrong I know but that's the impression given out.

For instance,  if having a boycott for the Carlisle match then you should have some leaflets printed explaining how the boycott would work , what impact it hopes to achieve and what's next etc etc. These could have been handed out at the last 2 home games to achieve maximum impact.

At the moment it appears that any protests are organised on a whim via social media hence the attitude of the ckub towards it.

I would suspect the happy clappers attitude to these groups is the same as yours towards the happy clappers. 

If you want to make a serious impact to AL's ownership then start by getting every fan on board to what you want to achieve.

17 minutes ago, losesome said:

Problem is with latics fans at the moment is they can protest all they won't but AL isn't interested and just dismisses these type of spontaneous actions with utter contempt.

The biggest problem though is that there is no credible alternative put forward.

I know little about FLG or PTB which in itself is testament that they lack any structure and little clarity on what they want to achieve and how the club should be run in the future. All they seem to promote is AL out , then what!!!!

The whole thing needs proper structure with some financial backing from serious investors to even begin for a meaningful campaign to get going.

As for the constant slagging off the so called happy clappers in the main stand , yeah I'm probably one, we don't support the boycotts etc because most probably they don't know about it. To us the FLG or PTB are a group of a few athleticos who organise these things after a night out on the lash.  Probably wrong I know but that's the impression given out.

For instance,  if having a boycott for the Carlisle match then you should have some leaflets printed explaining how the boycott would work , what impact it hopes to achieve and what's next etc etc. These could have been handed out at the last 2 home games to achieve maximum impact.

At the moment it appears that any protests are organised on a whim via social media hence the attitude of the ckub towards it.

I would suspect the happy clappers attitude to these groups is the same as yours towards the happy clappers. 

If you want to make a serious impact to AL's ownership then start by getting every fan on board to what you want to achieve.

Have you actually read PTBs stuff?

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Have you actually read PTBs stuff?

No and that's exactly the point I'm  making.

I know little of PTB's stuff and even less on where to find it????

That's part of the problem with us happy clappers,  we're not tech savvy.

Archived