108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycott the Carlisle match 18/01/20

2. 2. If boycotting will you

• Attend Avro game
    • Attend another game
    • Not attend any game
    • N/A attending Latics game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 02:45 PM

So the meeting with Abdallah has taken place and we await the write-up from the PTB boys. The brief tweet gives no indication on how the meeting went but does state that there was no request to sign an NDA.

PTB had stated prior to the meeting that “There will be no review of the boycott, a boycott which has been highlighted as a concern by the club, until this meeting has taken place with Mr Lemsagam.”

Following the meeting PTB has subsequently tweeted: “ For clarity, the boycott on Saturday will go ahead and the club has been made aware of this (and) are happy with our reasoning behind this”

Given the efforts that the club has made this January, I believe that the number of fans who boycott the game on Saturday will be significantly reduced as will the impact of the boycott.

I look forward to the full notes from the meeting.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So the meeting with Abdallah has taken place and we await the write-up from the PTB boys. The brief tweet gives no indication on how the meeting went but does state that there was no request to sign an NDA.

PTB had stated prior to the meeting that “There will be no review of the boycott, a boycott which has been highlighted as a concern by the club, until this meeting has taken place with Mr Lemsagam.”

Following the meeting PTB has subsequently tweeted: “ For clarity, the boycott on Saturday will go ahead and the club has been made aware of this (and) are happy with our reasoning behind this”

Given the efforts that the club has made this January, I believe that the number of fans who boycott the game on Saturday will be significantly reduced as will the impact of the boycott.

'efforts' :petesake:

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given the vast majority of the fanbase won't have any idea about it you may well be right.

The day the owner takes to the pitch in the blue short I'll boycott supporting my team. Until then, I'm a Latics's fan. Looking forward to seeing Rowe in action! Thanks to whoever is funding this decent signing.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Given the vast majority of the fanbase won't have any idea about it you may well be right.

Only so much PR that can be done to highlight it, local Radio (Revolution and BBC RM), Oldham Times, our website, Twitter, Facebook and OWTB. 👍

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hopefully we should have an update out later today and notes to follow in the next few days 👍

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

Thanks to whoever is funding this decent signing.

No, no, you misunderstand.

There seems to be some confusion.

He owns the football club.

And when you own a football club you have to do this thing called signing players.

Preferably better ones than you've already got or ones you genuinely believe may become better than what you've got. 

They cost money. But if it transpires that they're as successful as you hoped they'd be you can then sell them on to other clubs for even more money.

In the meantime you might climb the league, get more paying supporters in and maybe, just maybe, even get promoted or win something and get even more supporters & money in.

Owners don't expect to be thanked for this.

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

And when you own a football club you have to do this thing called signing players.

Preferably better ones than you've already got or ones you genuinely believe may become better than what you've got. 

They cost money. But if it transpires that they're as successful as you hoped they'd be you can then sell them on to other clubs for even more money.

In the meantime you might climb the league, get more paying supporters in and maybe, just maybe, even get promoted or win something and get even more supporters & money in.

....and definitely don't cry poverty or woe is me after you've bought a football club. What on earth were you expecting in the first instance?

42 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Radical way of looking at things

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

What was the deal with the boycott, then?

Abdallah give free tickets away?

The majority decided that we've won the whole of football because we signed Danny Rowe?

There were clearly a few missing from the North Stand and while the RRE had more than normal in, they were more spread out, with fewer at the top, which is usually where the ST holders sit. The club have been handing out tickets in lots of places. 

I think there were quite a few boycotting today but those on freebies more than compensated for it. 

I suspect, as with the Salford game, the next match might actually have a more revelatory attendance. If there is no change in manager.
And whilst they might lord it up. The bottom line is they know how many actually paid to get in and how much money they took, compared to other weeks and comparable weeks. 

18 minutes ago, singe said:

I suspect, as with the Salford game, the next match might actually have a more revelatory attendance. If there is no change in manager.
And whilst they might lord it up. The bottom line is they know how many actually paid to get in and how much money they took, compared to other weeks and comparable weeks. 

2,700 home fans for the Crawley game.

4,500 home fans for the Salford game.

2,600 home fans for the Scunthorpe game.

3,400 home fans today.

🤔

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

It's obvious that to negate the boycott the club have given away a substantial amount of free tickets, you have to say that AL must be congratulated as this is the 1st signs of a plan. 

Wonder if he's going to give season tickets away!

Needs a big turnaround to retain all from this season.

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

2,700 home fans for the Crawley game.

4,500 home fans for the Salford game.

2,600 home fans for the Scunthorpe game.

3,400 home fans today.

🤔

Baffling aint it 🤔

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Moral minority/Agenda boys still maintaining its all free tickets.

No one will know for sure unless the number of free tickets given away per match is revealed. Pointless arguing with certainty either way.

Next year’s season ticket sales will be a more accurate barometer. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

No one will know for sure unless the number of free tickets given away per match is revealed. Pointless arguing with certainty either way.

Next year’s season ticket sales will be a more accurate barometer. 

We never know how many season tickets have been sold though. Not to mention what % are concessionary or kids. I guess the attendance figures will be some kind of clue.

Archived