New Striker Signs For Tonight!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that small Argentinian forward who absolutely took the pish out of England's defence before slotting home an awesome goal. In fact it was that exact same player who led Napoli to the Serie A title....a very small player and he wasn't strong at all.

Maradonna was a freak of a player, Wolfy is a conference/lower league2 player.

It says on the Fishul that it is an initial 1 month loan, but Ican't see where it says 28 days. Itthen says temporaryl. Do you think this i onw of those emergency (for tonight ), 1 month and then by Saturday will be a 3 month loan with 28 day recall either last 28 days, 28 days notice or 28 days out of the 3 months..

And Leeds have other options all but signed up, as others have said.

3 months to the end of the season just in case we are meeting in the play offs, ideally Wembley if we have to.

Remember that small Argentinian forward who absolutely took the pish out of England's defence before slotting home an awesome goal. In fact it was that exact same player who led Napoli to the Serie A title....a very small player and he wasn't strong at all.

He was built like a miniature tank! Granted he was a dwarf but he was 100% solid muscle until he turned to the Coke Pie diet. Maradona could bounce defenders off him for fun and took a hell of a kicking in every game he played, whatever Wolfy has going for him that comparison doesn't stand.

It says on the Fishul that it is an initial 1 month loan, but Ican't see where it says 28 days. Itthen says temporaryl. Do you think this i onw of those emergency (for tonight ), 1 month and then by Saturday will be a 3 month loan with 28 day recall either last 28 days, 28 days notice or 28 days out of the 3 months..

And Leeds have other options all but signed up, as others have said.

3 months to the end of the season just in case we are meeting in the play offs, ideally Wembley if we have to.

The 28 day clause thingy is mentioned on Leed's fishul site:

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDe...1256439,00.html

Pull the other one! Maradona was twice the player, if not more, of Wolfy in upper body strength!!

I like Wolfy, but as others have said, I think his time has been and gone.

He was built like a miniature tank! Granted he was a dwarf but he was 100% solid muscle until he turned to the Coke Pie diet. Maradona could bounce defenders off him for fun and took a hell of a kicking in every game he played, whatever Wolfy has going for him that comparison doesn't stand.

I wasn't comparing Wolfy to Maradona in terms of ability that's for sure. But I think it's highly irrational to judge Wolfenden as garbage when he hasn't been given his chance. From what I have seen, I see a small, keen, enthusiastic striker with an eye for the net. His header against Crewe was brilliant as was his chip on Saturday. If we played Wolfy for a few games, and he looked out of his depth I'd hold my hands up and say "Hey I was wrong! Fair enough." But he needs that chance before we can make that call on his Latics future. Smalley has been given a chance, as has Alessandra....why not Wolfy? When Porter and Warne couldn't penetrate the Blackpool defence, who did? The Wolf!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I think if Wolfy is given the chance to prove himself with a run of games he will make it. He took his goal well on Saturday too. I doubt he will get that chance now though.

If Constantine is fit he should be a pretty good signing, well done Shez. I'm surprised Leeds agreed to loan him out to us

Edited by Gemma06

i know its getting late in the afternoon, but is are posters comparing wolfy to possibly one of the greatest players ever, maradona. now i know he is jumped little coke sniffing addict (not true) but he just doesnt have the skills that maradona had

Only problem is it'll be a while before he gets his run of games as I wouldn't stick him in front of any of the six other strikers (when fit) now at the club. A loan looks the best way to go, if he explodes with his run of games as some think he might then he'll still be ours. He isn't going to get the chance here at the moment so there's little point maintaining the status quo.

Guest oa_exile

We have gone a little off topic here but with regards to Wolfy , he seemed to be ahead of the others last season , this season he has not had a sniff being behind Smalley and as soon as Alessandra became available went further down the pecking order.

Think the best for the lad is to go out on loan until the end of the season , with Davies , Hughes , Smalley , Alessandra , Robertson and now Constantine above him (injuries apart) he is way down the pecking order at the mo.

I would like to see Wolfie played in centre-mid in a similar role to the one Kilkenny played for us, both of them have quick feet and are cocky little gits and I think Wolfie could do a job for us there. Granted out of Smalley, Lewis and himself he has actually scored a league goal, well two actually, three if you include the play-offs and one more in the tinpot cup, so four in total whereas Smalley only has one in the Carling cup and Lewis has none.

I****SUPPORTER WARNING - SUPPORTER WARNING****

Constantine is a big, powerful striker, who looks like he strolls about a lot - however he bangs goals in for fun - lets give him a chance eh???

So what you are saying is that the folk around me will interpret that as lazy. :)

I wasn't comparing Wolfy to Maradona in terms of ability that's for sure. But I think it's highly irrational to judge Wolfenden as garbage when he hasn't been given his chance. From what I have seen, I see a small, keen, enthusiastic striker with an eye for the net. His header against Crewe was brilliant as was his chip on Saturday. If we played Wolfy for a few games, and he looked out of his depth I'd hold my hands up and say "Hey I was wrong! Fair enough." But he needs that chance before we can make that call on his Latics future. Smalley has been given a chance, as has Alessandra....why not Wolfy? When Porter and Warne couldn't penetrate the Blackpool defence, who did? The Wolf!

Nobody's calling him garbage. I think the lad has some potential but he's failed to make an impact at this level now in 4 years!!! As I said, how long do we keep him on the fringes waiting for it to happen, while taking the places of Lewis and Smalley who have come about after 6mths of being on the fringes and thrown in and done the biz in parts. Sends Wolfy to the back of the pack and it's best for both that we wave each other goodbye.

As for the goals mentioned there by yourself and Gemma, the Crewe one was a good header but it was the most shocking defending I saw all season. I said at a corner of ours when 2-1 down...they cleared it and their defence trudged out as thought they were 2-1 down....never seen heads down like it....then Ricketts went off (who they'd been touch tight on) and they decided Wolfy wasn't worth marking. He didn't have a defender within nearly 10yds of him. Great finish on Saturday, will give him that one....yet 5mins before, this so called explosive pace couldn't see him beat a bumbling, stumbling keeper to the ball to prod home when it looked like a goal all over. Sorry Wolfy, thanks for the effort, it hasn't been for the want of trying but it's best for both to move on.

PS..."Smalley has been given a chance, as has Alessandra....why not Wolfy?"

FFS....Smalley and Lewis have come further in 6mths than Wolfenden has in 4yrs....that's why....it's their turn now.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Nobody's calling him garbage. I think the lad has some potential but he's failed to make an impact at this level now in 4 years!!! As I said, how long do we keep him on the fringes waiting for it to happen, while taking the places of Lewis and Smalley who have come about after 6mths of being on the fringes and thrown in and done the biz in parts. Sends Wolfy to the back of the pack and it's best for both that we wave each other goodbye.

As for the goals mentioned there by yourself and Gemma, the Crewe one was a good header but it was the most shocking defending I saw all season. I said at a corner of ours when 2-1 down...they cleared it and their defence trudged out as thought they were 2-1 down....never seen heads down like it....then Ricketts went off (who they'd been touch tight on) and they decided Wolfy wasn't worth marking. He didn't have a defender within nearly 10yds of him. Great finish on Saturday, will give him that one....yet 5mins before, this so called explosive pace couldn't see him beat a bumbling, stumbling keeper to the ball to prod home when it looked like a goal all over. Sorry Wolfy, thanks for the effort, it hasn't been for the want of trying but it's best for both to move on.

PS..."Smalley has been given a chance, as has Alessandra....why not Wolfy?"

FFS....Smalley and Lewis have come further in 6mths than Wolfenden has in 4yrs....that's why....it's their turn now.

Yup and in 4 years what chance has he been given, the odd sub appearance here and there. A start against Wolves (a promotion pushing Championship side). He's probably played about 80 minutes of football for us. He hasn't done much in 4 years....but it's hard to do something when you're not playing.

Yup and in 4 years what chance has he been given, the odd sub appearance here and there. A start against Wolves (a promotion pushing Championship side). He's probably played about 80 minutes of football for us. He hasn't done much in 4 years....but it's hard to do something when you're not playing.

He's had 23 sub appearances and never looked much like turning a game. Hence he's never looked like deserving a start. He got one at Uddersfield and was utterly anonymous. Ok, he hasn't had a proper run of a couple of games but neither did Hall (someone I felt had actually earned a proper run as he had turned some games for us). That's the game we're in....Wolfy's on the same road I'm afraid. Time to let the younger lads come through.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Back on topic - Constantine has the ability to kickstart a decent attack on a playoff spot, but what's all this about him banging the goals in for us??

Surely Shez has signed him to play at Left Back ?? :D

Ok. I'm all trolled out now - it won't happen again :naughty:

Thats one of the silliest posts ive ever read mate.

Wolfenden surely hasnt had many chances (unless you count his 4+ years on the books!?!) quite simply because he hasnt earned them, despite being given more opportunity to do so than anybody else, anywhere, that I can think of.

Very pleased with Constantine coming to us on loan, never thought he'd join us and I'm sure what he's said about joining us he'll have said when he joined Leeds and Port Vale before that. Definately in it for himself but if he gets a few goals in the meantime I won't be complaining! Get Wolfy out on loan!