Djeny Bembo-Leta

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"For every ultra success like Richards, I'll show you loads more who just drifted back to obscurity"

Unfortunately,that is exactly why a club like ourselves has to sell. If we got 20,000 in the ground every week then we wouldn't have to sell are young talent...we just have to treat it as another income stream.

A Promising player at 16 doesn't mean to say at 21 he'll be worth millions. Teams like Man U can buy players like that every week and if they don't quite make it at premier level then we get them back....probably for nowt!

We got 250k from Everton for Spencer and you've never heard his name mentioned since.

If he had stayed here he could have ended up like Wolfenden who's probably about to be released.

If this Leta guy does go to OT then we'll have raked in £750,000 in 3 seasons...alot of other clubs would love a youth conveyor belt like ours and a greater fear is that with his record, Tony Philliskirk could also be poached sooner rather than later.

Absolutely agree on the last paragraph what a marvelous asset Tony Philiskirk is to our club. we have lost some very talented youngster to the big boys in recent years and yet look at the likes of Allessandra coming through we are producing some excelent players and thats down to philiskirks hard work.

yep,he could...

then again, he could be now be in our first team now banging them in,and serious cash offers being thrown at us.

never know now.

:(

It's a fine balancing act, to keep or sell, but if we can get 250k now and sell ons or extra's based on appearances then I don't think a club in our position has much of a choice!!

It's a fine balancing act, to keep or sell, but if we can get 250k now and sell ons or extra's based on appearances then I don't think a club in our position has much of a choice!!

agree,but don't you get sick of these kids who could do a job for us in a couple of years going off to bigger clubs and disappearing?

they were good enough then..why arn't they good enough now?

one option i'd like would be if he did go to manure,then latics have some clause to keep him on a loan to continue getting through the ranks...hes a scum player,but we bring him up-instead of him ending up in the big bad world of nowhere...

The fact is if a player wants to leave at that age he leaves. You can either try and negotiate the best out of it or rely on a tribunial situation which would probably result in a basic fee. Quite a lot of clubs had reported being done over by the likes of Cheleski whilst we have not done to bad.

The fact is if a player wants to leave at that age he leaves. You can either try and negotiate the best out of it or rely on a tribunial situation which would probably result in a basic fee. Quite a lot of clubs had reported being done over by the likes of Cheleski whilst we have not done to bad.

providing we get the money and a lot of add ons like 20% and future caps n so on and maybe a couple of loans it makes good sense.

yes it is a fine balancing act regarding kids of this age and there future potential,but if you keep the lad here and turn it down who's to say we will get the offer again.

plus once they know a big club wants them they will resent the club if it decideds to keep him instead of letting him go.

im more than happy to let the club keep developing future talent and selling the odd one on for a good price,it will keep us going in the long run.

I think we've done very, very well regarding young players. Within 12 months we've sold on 3 players for over £1m to clubs in higher divisions whilst we've also seen half a dozen get some valuable first team experience. When you look at that, it's an enviable position to be in compared to other clubs the same size.

I don't know, but I don't think Crewe have had that much income coming in for their youth and young players within the same timeframe, and they're meant to be the cremé de la cremé of small feeder clubs.

Well done to TP, he's a massive asset to us.

Found this from the Jan Transfer window

Wish list

Looks like Man Ure, Chelsea and Liverpool were after him.

£250k, see you later pal, have a good career.

If we got £500k for trotters, and he only played a handful of games, £250k for someone who hasn't seen 1st team action is great for us! Get a clause in there and DO NOT get it bought out (ie like what Cit-eh tried to do with Richards.) If we get 10-20% and even if he goes for £50k, it's still money in the bank

Teams like us cannot compete with the Premier League, and with football now being a business instead of a sport, every little helps!

- Wayne Harrison

- David Brown

- Scott Spencer

- Danny Philliskirk (early days, but he didn't make much of an impact on their youth cup run)

I agree with the posters who've said that we're not in a position to the same risks as bigger clubs. Take the money now rather than risk him disappearing into obscurity and us losing out on a sadly necessary payday.

yet you ask philliskirk and he'll probably tell you he's the biggest prospect at the club. The kid is quality!

From my limited knowlege of this kid, didnt he only start playing footie about 3 years back when he emigrated over here... 2 ways to look at that, either a hell of a paycheck for a little amount of work.. or a kid who has improved so much in a short space of time that could be a worldbeater for us!

I am seriously struggling though to see a way where cashing in on this kid now in anything but a great idea.. look at a couple of scenarios..

the 'Richards' - cash, sell on clause, becomes England International, sold for £20m in summer - Happy days!

the 'Spencer' - cash, sell on clause, turns out to be a dud who isnt even good enough for yeovil - got the cash, and cant see a way we would have got any more for him now if he had stayed...

If he stays with us, all I can think is that he will look great, and then we will get screwed over when he is 19/20 or so for a pittance, or even do a Porter.. big clubs and players are just too powerful these days, and the £250k + clauses could make us soooo much money than we would ever get for him - and lets be honest, he wouldnt stay with us if he is a corker... any delusions that he would fire us to the premierhip are just wrong.... look at Sharp, keogh, the Crewe strikers, eastwood etc... all £1m-ish players... plus the clubs have paid for ther development etc... we will make £4m form Micah and we did sod all with him - thats the real payday...

I am more than happy to ship these 'prospects' out... and keep the late bloomers... the like of Smalley, Taylor, Ales, eards etc... who develop when they are 18/19 are the only way we will see some real value from youngsters... they are the ones who break intot he team and develop, rather than have the world placed on their shoulders...

... and also I just dont buy the concept that we would develop youngsters better than a chelsea or united or give them more opportunity... the Championship is full of ex-prem youngsters and they are all better thna anything we could cultivate - look at bertrand for example... never near the ruski's side... but a quality championship defender... very rare for a player to go from our level to the championship... the cream is generally picked offyoung, and make the champ or above... then the rest stay with us or our peers....

... and as has already been said Wolfy is a prime example - the next bright thing in our side at 17, and now screwed... lets give our kids a shot when they are ready, and give them a space to develop... funded by the spoils of Richards, Spencer, Philiskirk, leto etc...

.. my only worry is i'd rather seel to a city than united - much more chance to shine in turn, you aint going to get £20m from united swooping for a player if he already plays for a big 4 team!

a team at the top of the premiere league want one of our players, I believe they see something in him, thus must be worth something much more in the future,

could be a player in the future who could get us out of this league, plus in 5 yrs time when we see him being sold on for 30 million im sure there will be a lot on here saying " we should have kept him"

I'll be very very surprised if Djeny goes to United. Not if Philiskirk has his say.

And Allesandra was being tracked by Liverpool at the time Everton/Bolton were knocking for Spencer. Injury of course, dictated

Why? If they offer the best deal then he will go there. More likely I would say as they are a close club.

Am I the only one who thinks all these youngsters are seriously misguided when they move from clubs like us to the likes of Chelsea at such an early age. Not saying it's always a bad thing but to me it just seems they will get much more from the attention and chance of first team football they get here than they would the academies of the big clubs who have more youngsters than they know what to do with. They just run the risk of being lost in the pack imo. If I was a 16 yr old at a club in the lower leagues being tracked by chelsea or man u I would definitely stay unless I was being offered stupid money and a decent length contract. I just think they have much more chance to progress at clubs in the lower leagues. If they are good enough they will move up the leagues pretty sharpesh anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks all these youngsters are seriously misguided when they move from clubs like us to the likes of Chelsea at such an early age. Not saying it's always a bad thing but to me it just seems they will get much more from the attention and chance of first team football they get here than they would the academies of the big clubs who have more youngsters than they know what to do with. They just run the risk of being lost in the pack imo. If I was a 16 yr old at a club in the lower leagues being tracked by chelsea or man u I would definitely stay unless I was being offered stupid money and a decent length contract. I just think they have much more chance to progress at clubs in the lower leagues. If they are good enough they will move up the leagues pretty sharpesh anyway.

As a young kid you are more wowed by the facilities and the fact of being associated with a big club rather than the long term benefits...Unless a kid really has their head screwed on and looked to the future they would choose a prem club over us 100% of the time...

I never quite understand the whole add-on clause thing when we sell a youngster to one of the 'big 4'.

If a player moves there and is a success, they will never leave. The only way we will get any more money out of it is if he doesn't quite make it and they offload him to Sunderland/Middlesborough/Portsmouth for a couple of mil.

the Richards sell on clause is a fantastic one because I still feel that he will eventually decide that he wants to test himself at the highest level but there would have been absolutely no advantage in having a sell on clause for Irwin.

We should always hold out for a higher up-front fee when a player goes to one of the big boys but put in a higher sell-on clause when they go elsewhere.

I never quite understand the whole add-on clause thing when we sell a youngster to one of the 'big 4'.

If a player moves there and is a success, they will never leave. The only way we will get any more money out of it is if he doesn't quite make it and they offload him to Sunderland/Middlesborough/Portsmouth for a couple of mil.

the Richards sell on clause is a fantastic one because I still feel that he will eventually decide that he wants to test himself at the highest level but there would have been absolutely no advantage in having a sell on clause for Irwin.

We should always hold out for a higher up-front fee when a player goes to one of the big boys but put in a higher sell-on clause when they go elsewhere.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have the foresight to put an appearance clause in so if he plays X games for the club we'd be owed more money.