Lee Hughes to Doncaster - for 400k

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHICH IDIOT PUT A CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT!!

The idiot Hughes pays to act as his Agent.

That'll be Hughes .. as he does it all himself

He doesn't have an agent.

What he said.

I would be amazed if that's true ...

Ignoring the negative comments. Just a quick note.

Lee does have an agent.

Barry

I won't quote The Hives on this occasion. B)

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Well, we could hire someone on £5000 a week for a year, and still pay the bills PLUS whatever we pay Lee. Of course, we arent likely to pick such a player up until the end of the season, which is why I hope he stays with us. In fact, I'd like him to stay with us anyway, but market forces may dicate otherwise. :grin:

I'm hoping this is all about Lee negotiating a better deal for next year. Who knows?!

Or, if Mr Corney has been spending a week injecting heroin into his knackers, dropping LSD into his eyes and hitting the bong, he might stagger out of Dario Grady's party and pay £200k for Calvin Zola.

AS Mr Anchr has I think realised - given Hughes is worth nowt in the summer, we free up c£440k (including his wages) if he goes at Christmas. If we spend every penny on one mega-loan, we are no worse off, given both leave us with an uncontracted player at the end of the season. This is why the clause is a good thing.

Though not as many as the often critisised Porter and Beckett. Or from other teams Lambert, Beckford, Cox, Mikael-Smith, Graham, Hooper.

Is he getting pro rata anywhere near Liddells 19 assists?

400K for that? Come on? Which fan wouldn't realistically say yes?

Added to that, the stench of bad publicity would be hoisted upon anothers teams shoulders.

KtF,

Derek.

:lol:

Brilliant Derek... that is one of your best...

Other than freak boy fluker lambert (even he admits half the goals he has scored were hit and hopers!) Hughes isnt that far off the top scorers (4 goals ish - nothing a third into the season) - and as for your Liddell statistic... well erm... yes... In the first 7 games he had 8 assists, so I'm guessing at about now he is very much on target to match the mighty haul of captain slow in that wonderous season which he is still making a career out of...

... and that is the exact difference between hughes and the rest of those strikers, a lot of them will get 20 goals, but none of them will get 20 assists - Hughesy will...

You have admitted you havent been to many games this season, I also suggest you might watch some highlights before making statements that are just well... erm wrong, you may also notice that your "perma-crock" has played every league game except two.... Stop fishing and use some of the facts.

And as for the bad publicity - dont make me laugh, ooh, please stop those newspaper reporters camping outside boundary park, I cant get to the ticket office, and its stopping the club shop making any money this christmas.... rubbish, old history....

Pathetic, pathetic post, said for effect yet again.... If you would have said that not many fans could argue with selling Hughesy for £400k - well even i would say possibly it makes sense, but on age agrounds and hughesy wanting to play higher..... nothing to do with wanting to sell our top scorer and our player with the most assists.

I'd take Clarke, however he seems to be playing these days at Wednesday. It would take someone with big boots to fill Hughsey's spot. Best we can hope is that we get someone in without the reputation currently but comes of age whilst here. You know...................like we've been tryin for this past 15 years.

sorry if this has been mentioned already but i've a question....

who has put this into the open....hughes? latics? doncaster?

if its hughes who is he's touting himself about already,mentioning release clauses etc to other clubs ,then wouldn't he be in trouble?

if its latics,then wouldn't it said they've tried everything to sign a new contract,so in effect alerting the press will get more interest from other clubs and a bigger transfer fee?

if its doncaster then are they tapping a player up?

Good point this, which I've been thinking about myself. I can't see how Doncaster (or any other club) would know about it unless someone told them, which leaves either option a or b.

I won't quote The Hives on this occasion. B)

a.k.a. I.D.I.O.T.

:stupid:

Well All Right, Here We Go Again, I Hate To Say I Told You, Main Offender, The Hives Are Law You Are Crime. Well Well Well, Hail Hail Spit ‘n’ Drool, I’m A Wicked One, King of Asskicking Mad Man,

You Got It All…Wrong, Bigger Hole To Fill, Try It Again - Outsmarted Missing Link Antidote. Return The Favour, Get Together To Tear It Apart. Theme From Supply And Demand.

Oh Lord! When? How? Will Uptempo Venomous Poison be Closed For The Season?

No Pun Intended - B Is For Brutus - Veni Vidi Vicious . Untutored Youth, “Abra Cadaver” What’s That Spell?… Go To Hell!

Knock Knock, Walk Idiot Walk. Giddy Up! Won’t Be Long, A Cfristmas Duel.

Square One Here I Come. B)

which if thats the case and he has been touting hughes about already,then isn't he in breach of agents rules...?

i thought there was a time period in which agents where allowed to start plying their greedy whys?

As I understand it the agent can talk to whoever he likes. Hughes himself would only be able to talk and/or sign (for now or next season) when the window opens.

Just had a look through this thread. If we bid 400k for Lee Hughes I'll be very surprised, stranger things have happened but our record signing is 300k last summer. As for bidding for Chris Taylor it will not happen, we couldn't afford half the fee you want for him let alone bidding a million. Did make me chuckle that someone in the know says we have though. If we had a million we'd be spending it on other players than Chris Taylor ie a striker as we're very good in midfield as it is, it's up front we need players and if we do spend money (signals from the club that we won't spend too much) it's gonna be on a striker. 400k for a 32 year old? It would surprise me.

Just had a look through this thread. If we bid 400k for Lee Hughes I'll be very surprised, stranger things have happened but our record signing is 300k last summer. As for bidding for Chris Taylor it will not happen, we couldn't afford half the fee you want for him let alone bidding a million. Did make me chuckle that someone in the know says we have though. If we had a million we'd be spending it on other players than Chris Taylor ie a striker as we're very good in midfield as it is, it's up front we need players and if we do spend money (signals from the club that we won't spend too much) it's gonna be on a striker. 400k for a 32 year old? It would surprise me.

I'll clutch at this straw! Thanks for posting - stay up and then we've got a good away trip next season.

you will do for me mate, Donny are a decent team but if your that short upfront why are you sending players out on loan, and if you do need a recognised goalscorer it is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than 400k unless he is over 30.

you will do for me mate, Donny are a decent team but if your that short upfront why are you sending players out on loan, and if you do need a recognised goalscorer it is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than 400k unless he is over 30.

Well Byfield simply didn't really do anything when he played bar miss. His miss against Sheff Utd open net from a few yards summed him up. He'll be back here soon O Driscoll's said we need him back at the end of his month (we lost Hayter for 2 months and now we've lost Brooker already both injured), so Byfield is going to be needed as we're struggling for strikers now. Brooker made a good start 1 sub appearance, 1 goal. Just a shame he went and got injured. We've been talking to them about signing him for a very small fee as he's out of contract so they won't get the full asking price. I guess the same could happen with Hughes as I'll be surprised if he's not offered a good deal in the summer to go on a free by somebody. By the laws of the game it shouldn't happen, but we all know it does.

Guest oa_exile
Well Byfield simply didn't really do anything when he played bar miss. His miss against Sheff Utd open net from a few yards summed him up. He'll be back here soon O Driscoll's said we need him back at the end of his month (we lost Hayter for 2 months and now we've lost Brooker already both injured), so Byfield is going to be needed as we're struggling for strikers now. Brooker made a good start 1 sub appearance, 1 goal. Just a shame he went and got injured. We've been talking to them about signing him for a very small fee as he's out of contract so they won't get the full asking price. I guess the same could happen with Hughes as I'll be surprised if he's not offered a good deal in the summer to go on a free by somebody. By the laws of the game it shouldn't happen, but we all know it does.

Just been checking 9 Goals in 20 League games :shock: think you need a striker :lol:

Top scorers are Guy with two,who scored those in the first two games of the season Stock,both penalties and Wellens (2)

What has happened to Heffernan ?