Play Off Finals Thread

hahahahahaha....i'm not watching the game, was gary alexandra's miss as bad as they're saying on the BBC website?

did the impossible MISSED! Half the net empty with him a yard out .... and he managed to put it round the post

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sit daan shat ap, sit daan shat ap.....

Not really a fan of Scunthorpe after their fans and manager were so arrogant last time they got promoted by being dirty and relying on Billy Sharp, but glad they got promoted ahead of Millwall. Actually played good football this seaosn as well from what I saw.

<Ponders the form we showed smashing Scunny 3-0 in October and labours on it for a few minutes>

Not to mention the 6 points we took off Millwall this season. i couldn't watch the game cos it's still sickening that we're not there. Although with hindsight watching Millwall getting beat would have been better than watching Rangers win the SPL. :disappointed:

Oh well, looking forward to another visit from those delightful Cockney sparrows next season.....

Not to mention the 6 points we took off Millwall this season. i couldn't watch the game cos it's still sickening that we're not there. Although with hindsight watching Millwall getting beat would have been better than watching Rangers win the SPL. :disappointed:

Oh well, looking forward to another visit from those delightful Cockney sparrows next season.....

We may aswell go play in Scotland next season we might do a little less travelling Still could be worse we could be Carlisle fans how much traveling are they going to have to do next year.

Yuss! That's my home game sorted for next season.

One sour point is that not one pub in South Croydon (approx 7 miles from the New Den) had the game on. Every one had the Grand Prix on. Dull! So I missed what the BBC has described as a fantastic game. Nice one. :(

It's all over and League One 2009/10 just got a little bit more Southern.

League 1 next season, teams north of walsall in bold

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Charlton

Colchester

Exeter

Gillingham

Hartlepool United

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Leyton Orient

MK Dons

Millwall

Norwich City

Oldham Athletic

Southampton

Southend United

Stockport County

Swindon Town

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Wycombe Wanderers

Yeovil Town

only 7 teams north of walsall in our division next season

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Charlton

Colchester

Exeter

Gillingham

Hartlepool United

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Leyton Orient

MK Dons

Millwall

Norwich City

Oldham Athletic

Southampton

Southend United

Stockport County

Swindon Town

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Wycombe Wanderers

Yeovil Town

Carlisle are going to be doing a lot of travelling.

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Charlton

Colchester

Exeter

Gillingham

Hartlepool United

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Leyton Orient

MK Dons

Millwall

Norwich City

Oldham Athletic

Southampton

Southend United

Stockport County

Swindon Town

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Wycombe Wanderers

Yeovil Town

Check you map- I know its a pain to get to but technically Norwich is North of Walsall

I find it some irony (excuse the pun) that a team that lost more games than we did has gone up . It just shows what we threw away because of ill discipline. That said you have to give Scunthorpe and Adkins credit they kept going when they looked out of it at one point. And by all accounts won a very entertaining game today.

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Charlton

Colchester

Exeter

Gillingham

Hartlepool United

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Leyton Orient

MK Dons

Millwall

Norwich City

Oldham Athletic

Southampton

Southend United

Stockport County

Swindon Town

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Wycombe Wanderers

Yeovil Town

Looks almost like a Division One South. :shock:

Looks almost like a Division One South. :shock:

I think what that means is that we will take massive followings to Stockport, Hudds, Tranmere and Leeds if they let us - even more impressive than usual given the amount of people that just won't be able to commit (a) The time or (b The funds to travel such long distances in the current economic climate.

Edited by oafcprozac

<Ponders the form we showed smashing Scunny 3-0 in October and labours on it for a few minutes>

Ponders why a tiny club like Scunthorpe can do twice in three seasons what Latics find impossible.

Ponders how long it will take for the excuses to arrive along with one or two explanations of why we are just as tiny a club as Scunthorpe, have no divine right to promotion (or even to win a game or two), why it's a game where clubs go up and down.

Etc.

Ponders why a tiny club like Scunthorpe can do twice in three seasons what Latics find impossible.

Ponders how long it will take for the excuses to arrive along with one or two explanations of why we are just as tiny a club as Scunthorpe, have no divine right to promotion (or even to win a game or two), why it's a game where clubs go up and down.

Etc.

Ponders why you can't see wood for trees.

They have had a good manager, made sensible buys, sold for money and replaced well.

It's that simple corp!

Never said it was simple. However, other clubs seem to manage it. We can hardly use the notion that Scunthorpe are better suited to it because they get massive crowds or won the FA Cup in 1066.

(Nice to see the excuses coming as predicted...)

Never said it was simple. However, other clubs seem to manage it. We can hardly use the notion that Scunthorpe are better suited to it because they get massive crowds or won the FA Cup in 1066.

(Nice to see the excuses coming as predicted...)

So because other small clubs have managed something that you yourself admit is very difficult we should have already done it?