World Cup Thread

did anyone hear mick mccarthy in the portugal-brazil game? whoever let him near the commentry box is mad.

"I haven't got a hat, but if Ronaldo scores this freekick, i'll go out and buy one, and then eat it"

Mick excluded a deflected goal from his hat-eating promise. :lol:

I've enjoyed his comments, but it's the last we'll hear of him as he'll be back at Wolves for pre-season training.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would quite cheerfully have Mick McCarthy commentate on everything i do for the rest of my life, rather than listen to Clive Tyldesley commentate on a football match ever again. There can be few people on this earth as incompetent in their chosen profession as he is.

I've goy 2 or 3 picked from Fat Sam, Craig Brown, Peter Clemence, Gus Poyet, Ray Wilkins and Davros. It's not great.

I've goy 2 or 3 picked from Fat Sam, Craig Brown, Peter Clemence, Gus Poyet, Ray Wilkins and Davros. It's not great.

For me, the worst commentator by a clear distance is Chris Coleman. Who let that stupid welsh idiot commetate on matches...

"In my opinion, England will probably have to play better than they did against, errr, whoever they played the other day"

Brilliant Chris. Thanks. <_<

For me, the worst commentator by a clear distance is Chris Coleman. Who let that stupid welsh idiot commetate on matches...

"In my opinion, England will probably have to play better than they did against, errr, whoever they played the other day"

Brilliant Chris. Thanks. <_<

My question is would a Welsh, Scottish or Irish TV channel have English commentators?

Of course not, so why do we have to listen to them telling us what England needs to do to win the World Cup, when most of their countryfolk don't want us to win, with many of them still going on about that 'Russian' linesman? :ranting:

It's Scotsmen who keep TalkSport going with their phone and text financial contributions.

Two cracking games, and I just managed to keep a lidon my gloating re: the Yankees. Ghana were awesome, especially first half, they were disciplined like North Korea in their victory over Brazil.

got ghana in the sweepstake, feeling pretty confident now :wink:

Just back from a bewildered and downbeat pub. Absolutely shocking performance!

Outclassed. outthought and .....Well......Just out!

The defence was a joke.....sunday league defending!

Rooney......Hope you can hold your head up mate!........world class?.....Never in a month of sundays!

I can't remember a more miserable campaign after actually qualifying.

My new england shirt made its debut today....Not one to remember!

I'd like it to be won by an offside goal that finished 4 yards over the line.

How the people in FIFA/UEFA haven't resigned yet is beyond me. Again.

It was an absolute joke that today. I don't understand why FIFA are so against goal line technology. It is such a simple thing yet so effective. It wasn't even needed today though. Everyone in the ground apart from the officials could see it was over the line. It was so blatant it's unbelievable.