World Cup Thread

I have a netherlands uruguay double, so just need uruguay to get 1 more before end of normal time :D

I got the centre forward for Ghana at 150/1 for top goalscorer after he had scored in the first game so you ought to be able to work out who I'm cheering for.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the rugby union parallel, a penatly try would have been awarded.

Time to scrap the red card / penalty for a "professional" foul. Cut the crap and just award the goal.

That way cheats don't get rewarded.

(had an England player handled in the same circumstances, I'd be advocating a knighthood).

Edited by opinions4u

And bring on the discussion of awarding a goal for a handball on the line. Absolute joke.

If they beat Netherlands then Suarez will be playing in the final. We all would have done the same but it's a joke.

Gutted for Ghana.

And bring on the discussion of awarding a goal for a handball on the line. Absolute joke.

If they beat Netherlands then Suarez will be playing in the final. We all would have done the same but it's a joke.

Gutted for Ghana.

Some stats bloke did some analysis of that and IIRC after 12 minutes if you can do that you do so because by that point it starts to pay off. However, I can't see FIFA letting him play in the final if they get there (and I don't think they will).

You certain as disciplinary issues are at FIFAs discretion aren't they and if it happens in the Prem I think its a 2 game ban

It's a one game ban in the Premiership - they have the same FA discipliniary system as the Football League.

PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (4) and (5)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or an obvious

goalscoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball, will be suspended

automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until such time as his Club has

completed its next FTCM.

As for FIFA, you are right. It's a mandatory one game ban for all red cards with a committee deciding on what additional punishment, if any, is appropriate. I've never known an extended ban for handball.

So while a longer ban is possible, I'd rank it as highliy unlikely.

Edited by opinions4u

It's a one game ban in the Premiership - they have the same FA discipliniary system as the Football League.

As for FIFA, you are right. It's a mandatory one game ban for all red cards with a committee deciding on what additional punishment, if any, is appropriate. I've never known an extended ban for handball.

So while a longer ban is possible, I'd rank it as highliy unlikely.

I think it will depend on when the committee meets and who sits on it, if it meets and Forlan's lot are already out then its a one game ban, if it meets and they are still in and there's one bloke from Africa on it, its a 2 game ban.

I think it will depend on when the committee meets and who sits on it, if it meets and Forlan's lot are already out then its a one game ban, if it meets and they are still in and there's one bloke from Africa on it, its a 2 game ban.

:grin:

Yer a cynic!

(possibly with some justification where FIFA are concerned)

In the rugby union parallel, a penatly try would have been awarded.

Time to scrap the red card / penalty for a "professional" foul. Cut the crap and just award the goal.

That way cheats don't get rewarded.

(had an England player handled in the same circumstances, I'd be advocating a knighthood).

As far as I know (and I dont know tbh) but don't you still have to score the penalty to get all 7 points? I know its a sitter, but if the guy puts the kick wide, do they get 0 points or 5 points?