World Cup Thread

Germans are a goal up - it was a cracker too.

Assuming England end up playing them, I think they're beatable if you don't let them settle on the ball.

Goalie is very suspect on crosses. Possibly a game that Crouch should play a part in, coming on a sub with Lennon.

Game's in the bag.

As long as I watch it round at my mates' house half an hour after kick off (on Sky plus) with the curtains closed wearing the Oldham black away top and drink 7 cans of Strongbow.

The only question is, do I wash the top?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Arg-Gre game for two reasons:

1. The anticipation that Maradona might cark it on the touchline at any moment

2. I wanted to see Greece scrape a draw and potentially make it through despite being abysmal

Sadly, neither happened. You pays your money...

I watched the Argentina game for only one reason:

1. Lionel Messi

The Yanks were all crowing about having come top of their group. Big deal, you clowns! It all starts now. I think Germany are over rated having whupped the Convict, but he is really quite poor these days, a team whose best hope is Harry Kewell having a stormer really ought to get hammered.

The Yanks were all crowing about having come top of their group. Big deal, you clowns! It all starts now. I think Germany are over rated having whupped the Convict, but he is really quite poor these days, a team whose best hope is Harry Kewell having a stormer really ought to get hammered.

The trouble is, I don't blame them.

Going all BluePizza esque, they have a real chance of progressing further than us.

England

Germany

AREGENTINA/Mexico

USA

Ghana

URUGUAY/South Korea

It's a bit complicated till the last round of mactches

but we could be up for Brazil after that!

I haven't checked if this is true or not, but apparently our RUN TO THE FINAL could look like this:

Germany

Argentina

Spain

Brazil

:lol:

That's more or less what I have heard, though I am pretty sure we won;t make the final with that run!

If we did we'd deserve to win it!

So if we had score one more goal, our run would have looked a bit like this:

Ghana

Italy

Netherlands

One more goal

And what does our esteemed boss do?

Brings off Rooney and Defoe and puts on Heskey!

It's like Latics last season!

That's more or less what I have heard, though I am pretty sure we won;t make the final with that run!

If we did we'd deserve to win it!

So if we had score one more goal, our run would have looked a bit like this:

Ghana

Italy

Netherlands

One more goal

And what does our esteemed boss do?

Brings off Rooney and Defoe and puts on Heskey!

It's like Latics last season!

While that route is not as hard on paper there are some good sides there. I fancy Italy to get better and the Dutch are looking hot...

I think bringing on Heskey was the right call as much as I dislike him. He is exactly what you want in the last mins of a game like that.

The trouble is, I don't blame them.

Going all BluePizza esque, they have a real chance of progressing further than us.

England

Germany

AREGENTINA/Mexico

USA

Ghana

URUGUAY/South Korea

It's a bit complicated till the last round of mactches

but we could be up for Brazil after that!

True, but the imperialist Yankee pig-dogs didn;t know that, they just thought that they had won something. I don't think it matters much anyway, we could just as easily get beaten by South Korea as Spain on form shown to date, just have to hope we are coming into some form. Pretty much every major side has had a dreadfull game already.

Man I cant wait for Sunday now :D

Ticket centre already been full here with people wanting tickets (as you would expect)

Come on England !

What are we scared of ? Zi Germans?!

We shouldn't be scared of the Germans. Or Argentina. Or Spain. Or even Brazil. When we play like we know we can play, we can beat any of those teams. So let's 'ave it!

The thing with football is that it isn't impossible even with this England team.

But they're going to need to be lucky four games in a row. :grin:

Or we don't end up with that run in as some of the top teams don't perform as expected as per what has happened in this tournament already. Though probably get beat by USA in the final 1-0 after Rob Green lets in another howler (after both James and Hart are sent off in a semi final where we scrape through against Chile 5-4. We finish the game with 9 men and Glen Johnson in net).