Rochdale Fans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter? As with our support, they don't have a lot and I'm sure they're grateful for what they have. I'm sure many clubs would have taken more than us to Scunthorpe midweek.

i think the general consensus seems to be...why make it all ticket if only 1,100 away fans turned up,surely they will have know the amount of tickets sold,so could have easily just given them the small section,put home fans in the big section and had some banter to create more atmosphere...

by making it all ticket and stating home fans will have to relocate to the chaddy end,alienates certain fans,they dont like being messed about so it puts a dampner on things from the off...

Although I'm not a fan of the "we've got more fans than you" type threads, this is a very good point.

We'll have had an idea of how many away fans were turning up, and moving loyal attenders seems an unnecessary thing to have done (not bothered about the vocal side of things though). Is this a direct link to police costs?

It's completely down to police and stewarding costs. Any police in the ground must be paid for by the club. Those outside the taxpayer foots the bill. You probably need about half the police and stewards if you seperate the fans like they did.

Annoying having to move but:

I sat in the George Hill for the first time in many a year on Saturday. Was a really good view. Quite enjoyed the bar and watching the end of the Liverpool game in there. Also checking the scores at half time. It really feels like a proper football ground when you walk into that stand.

Only issues with this are that, the seats were really small. I’m 5’9”(and three quarters) and I thought the leg room was a bit tight.

There was a kid sat behind me who just moaned non-stop he would have been mid twenties and he hated Reid. He also thought that Taylor’s attitude was terrible and he wouldn’t play him. His dad then pointed out that he reckons Dickov has told him to be a bit more nasty and ruthless. His response was – He’ll be a s*** player like Dickov then?

I honestly couldn’t believe what was coming out of the kids mouth.

Come on guys, you're beginning to sound like scummy Huddersfield fans with all these threads belittling other clubs.

Don't you have your own forum to go on; you're on here loads. You love us don't you; go on; admit it!

Oh - thanks for Nathan Clarke; looks a cracking defender.

It's completely down to police and stewarding costs. Any police in the ground must be paid for by the club. Those outside the taxpayer foots the bill. You probably need about half the police and stewards if you seperate the fans like they did.

I sat in the George Hill for the first time in many a year on Saturday. Was a really good view. Quite enjoyed the bar and watching the end of the Liverpool game in there. Also checking the scores at half time. It really feels like a proper football ground when you walk into that stand.

Only issues with this are that, the seats were really small. I’m 5’9”(and three quarters) and I thought the leg room was a bit tight.

There was a kid sat behind me who just moaned non-stop he would have been mid twenties and he hated Reid. He also thought that Taylor’s attitude was terrible and he wouldn’t play him. His dad then pointed out that he reckons Dickov has told him to be a bit more nasty and ruthless. His response was – He’ll be a s*** player like Dickov then?

Mate, just tried the upper for the first time this season, im 6.1 and i can't sit in the seat, i had to sit sideways on, av got upper seats booked for stevanage and brentford but defo getting em changed to the paddock.

your right about the view though, it is good unless your stuck behind a pillar like i was sat haha

Blackburn only took 150 to Villa, they should be relegated for that alone

The 2008/2009 and the 2009/2010 season I was at goodison for the Everton vs Wigan games. Wigan took less than 200 for both games. Considering its not even 20 miles between Wigan and Liverpool, i think the term piss poor following is probably too kind.

Mate, just tried the upper for the first time this season, im 6.1 and i can't sit in the seat, i had to sit sideways on, av got upper seats booked for stevanage and brentford but defo getting em changed to the paddock.

your right about the view though, it is good unless your stuck behind a pillar like i was sat haha

Same here

Am just under 6ft 1 and can barely sit in the seat, although I did have slightly more legroom in main stand than in the RRE.

This is what I don't understand. Surely the whole point of having a big 6ft deep moat in the middle of the stand is so we don't need police in the ground?

This is what I don't understand. Surely the whole point of having a big 6ft deep moat in the middle of the stand is so we don't need police in the ground?

Yes but it does put fans at close proximity to wind each other up and then they go straight out of the ground, right into each other.

Edit - To add, I think clubs are liable to pay quite a bit of the policing costs both inside and outside stadiums.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Same here

Am just under 6ft 1 and can barely sit in the seat, although I did have slightly more legroom in main stand than in the RRE.

I'm 5'2" and even my knees dig into the seats in front in some of the middle seats (the rows seem to be unevenly spaced).

Yes but it does put fans at close proximity to wind each other up and then they go straight out of the ground, right into each other.

Edit - To add, I think clubs are liable to pay quite a bit of the policing costs both inside and outside stadiums.

All they have to do is keep the away fans in the stand for 5 mins at the end of the game....they used to do it all the time, anybody know why they don't do it anymore?

All they have to do is keep the away fans in the stand for 5 mins at the end of the game....they used to do it all the time, anybody know why they don't do it anymore?

My thoughts exactly, when big "ard" sheffield fans had a little dig at me, the last fan out of BP and hobbling across the car park....nice...reminded me of how horrible they were in the 80's and still chuffing are.

I'm 5'2" and even my knees dig into the seats in front in some of the middle seats (the rows seem to be unevenly spaced).

I'm 6'3" and spent a season in the main stand upper. Had a great view but no leg room and had to move seats. Agree that the leg room up there isn't consistent from one row to the next. Also think some of the rows aren't parallel with each other meaning they get narrower/wider as you move along! Moved to the paddock now, its worth occasionally getting rained on to have more room.

I hope any new stand/stadium will have decent leg room.

...Christmas holiday fixture though. Some of them (bottom of the Chaddy, 'keeper's right hand post) were armchair Man U and Citeh mercenaries. We are the Oldham, we'll do what we want is what they were singing.

And ? Those type of fans don't just appear at Xmas in their new shellsuits/Henley's gear.

4k home fans for Dale this early on in the season is pathetic.

And ? Those type of fans don't just appear at Xmas in their new shellsuits/Henley's gear.

4k home fans for Dale this early on in the season is pathetic.

4k home fans is more than we got for a lot of home games last year. Were you thinking an extra 2k Latics fans were going to turn up just because Rochdale (not Barcelona) were coming to town?

I think the novelty probably wore off after last seasons games - as has been discussed elsewhere a lot of people (me included) realised that the two teams just don't really care about each other that much at the moment.