Kuqi signs!

Good signing, I was expecting an untried kid from somewhere like Coventry.

Hopefully it works out like the signing of Winjhard did for us, pretty sure he wasnt that prolific or had played a lot before joining us. Yet he banged in 10+

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty happy with this one tbh. Regardless of how he plays for us in the future, which you can never guarantee, I think it is a magnificant capture for the club. As said previously, I think we were all expecting some untried 18yr old striker from a bottom prem / championship club. Kuqi is a proven goalscorer who we all hope will rip up trees at this level, despite his age.

Well done PD and PlayerShare.

One can only imagine the level of BigFin's imminent hero worshipping.

:lol:

You know, if Latics really wanted an Unfit, 16st, 6 foot tall finnish man I could have brought my boots a long time ago!

On the fence really. Lets see what he is like when he plays, but my initial reaction was a bit Meh. We will see.

Now... if we had persuaded Mixu Paatalainen to come out of retirement/management to play for us, then I would have been excited! a However I have waited all my life for us to sign a Fin (Damn you Sami Hyypia) so I am a little chuffed.

You know, if Latics really wanted an Unfit, 16st, 6 foot tall finnish man I could have brought my boots a long time ago!

On the fence really. Lets see what he is like when he plays, but my initial reaction was a bit Meh. We will see.

Now... if we had persuaded Mixu Paatalainen to come out of retirement/management to play for us, then I would have been excited! a However I have waited all my life for us to sign a Fin (Damn you Sami Hyypia) so I am a little chuffed.

Don't you remember Miika Juntanen who trained with us in the mid-late 80s? Uncle Joe wanted him to sign but we couldn't get clearance? Around the same time we were looking at Nick Papasivilou a Cypriot

Edited by oafcprozac

Is he match fit though as he hasn't had a club

Just about to post the same. Again I see people getting carried away with a signing, I'm reading Kuqi and reminded of Windass.

As expected, Kuqi has slowed down considerably and his return isn't as good as it once was. Let's stay attached to reality. I'm hoping Adeyemi will surprise without the same fans' "new signing fever" taking hold and expecting too much from him. Anything else is a bonus, as they say.

Dickov reckons he's "one of the fittest players I have known", but i think he said something similar about Andy Todd.

Cautiously optimistic about him, we desperately need some experience up front.

Happy with this, says he has had a full pre-season with palace so not far away from fitness.

Feels good to be part of player share, and i urge more people to get on board.

+ 1 can only afford the minimum donation but feel like I have done my bit!

Just about to post the same. Again I see people getting carried away with a signing, I'm reading Kuqi and reminded of Windass.

As expected, Kuqi has slowed down considerably and his return isn't as good as it once was. Let's stay attached to reality. I'm hoping Adeyemi will surprise without the same fans' "new signing fever" taking hold and expecting too much from him. Anything else is a bonus, as they say.

I've said a couple of times on here already; I think on the face of it it's a shrewd signing from the POV of he will surely be a great influence on the dressing room with his vast experience (500+ games; nice!!).

We're a young side; too young IMO, and his age, experience and seasoned know-how will only be a benefit.

From a playing POV, I'll have to reserve judgement until he's a played a few games for us and I get a real chance to assess his fitness, as that's the issue for me. I was worried he was coming in cold; that's been eased with the info he's done pre-season with Palace, but at his age; playing only 6 games last season will have set him back in terms of match fitness and sharpness. My overriding feeling is a kind of happy 'Meh' if there's such a thing?

I think it has the potential to go either way; with no much grey area between. He'll either be an absolute revelation and roll back the years, or he'll be an unfit past it flop. I hope for the former but (glass half empty moment) expect the latter.

anyhoo; welcome on board Shefki, hope you do the business for us.