Kuqi signs!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his interview he says it will be a new challenge playing at this level.

Am I thinking of a different Shefki Kuqi who spat his dummy out and threw his boots on the pitch after he was sent off playing against us for Wednesday when Shez scored a pen and the whole ground cheered?

Unless he's seen us play and is assuming we are league 2 standard!!!

In his interview he says it will be a new challenge playing at this level.

Am I thinking of a different Shefki Kuqi who spat his dummy out and threw his boots on th

e pitch after he was sent off playing against us for Wednesday when Shez scored a pen and the whole ground cheered?

Unless he's seen us play and is assuming we are league 2 standard!!!

I was just about to post the same thing. he did play in that game. how can you not remember what divisions you have played in :-)

I think all would agree that he was punching above his weight moving to Newcastle. Without a doubt. However, this is two leagues down. And the one thing we so desperately need is experience.

Will he score a shedload of goals? I very much doubt it. Will he make us a promotion team? No chance. Could he be the difference between us stopping up and going down? That is the question to me. He's certainly a massive step in the right direction.

The only thing I do wonder is how much we have paid him. I doubt it is your average third division wage. Then again I wondered the same thing with Feeney, but at least Kuqi is one year if it all goes tits up.

Shefki Kuqi's name was mentioned in the dying moments of the window which momentarily made our blood run cold, but thankfully he waddled off to Oldham Athletic.

Just read this on the Newcastle board in their frustration to sign a striker before the deadline.

From a Derby fan:

"quality loan[sic] signing....not all about the knock downs with shefki either,hes surprisingly good on the deck and is always making intelligent runs off the ball...will chip in with the goals here and there but itll be the assists that he'll rack up IMO...luke moore,commons and cywka were all scoring freely through kuqi's assists, we jumped from 18th to 4th whilst he was with us last season,then plummeted back down the table after he returned to swansea :lol:

hope he does the business! :chubb: "

Just about to post the same. Again I see people getting carried away with a signing, I'm reading Kuqi and reminded of Windass.

As expected, Kuqi has slowed down considerably and his return isn't as good as it once was. Let's stay attached to reality. I'm hoping Adeyemi will surprise without the same fans' "new signing fever" taking hold and expecting too much from him. Anything else is a bonus, as they say.

I'm fully in the grip of that fever now - I can't help myself. This is the most excited I've been about a signing since Lee Hughes, and as far as anyone knows, Kuqi never killed anyone, so there's no gloss being taken off it.

I'm fully in the grip of that fever now - I can't help myself. This is the most excited I've been about a signing since Lee Hughes, and as far as anyone knows, Kuqi never killed anyone, so there's no gloss being taken off it.

He would if anyone were to get in the way of that Swallow Dive celebration!!