New Stand

I was thinking of whether to post this or not and was going to leave it but this post being here is a bit of co-incidence. Nothing solid and purely rumour but my uncle said he spoke with someone (and it was the usual type in these situations, someone 'in the know' ha) at half time in the main stand who claimed work was going to start next week on a new stand. Has anyone else heard anything more concrete or hear something similar yesterday?

Edited by Oafc88

I was thinking of whether to post this or not and was going to leave it but this post being here is a bit of co-incidence. Nothing solid and purely rumour but my uncle said he spoke with someone (and it was the usual type in these situations, someone 'in the know' ha) at half time in the main stand who claimed work was going to start next week on a new stand. Has anyone else heard anything more concrete or hear something similar yesterday?

I thought it was starting next yer.

Have we seen plans for this new stand? I was under the impression they were going to come back with a new scheme, not use the original BP redevelopment (the one the march was in aid of)

You and I both know in the scheme of things plans don't amount to a hill of beans. How many plans have we had so far?

It will be built when it's built...

Yes, at the rate we're haemorrhaging fans we've had to revise the plans a tad but still I have to say this is more than sufficient….

bg1264602149bus2.jpg

At least that design as a dug out would help prevent Roberto Mancini from banging his head on the roof. :D

Yes, at the rate we're haemorrhaging fans we've had to revise the plans a tad but still I have to say this is more than sufficient….

bg1264602149bus2.jpg

Typical Latics, identikit stand, I've seen thousands of stands like that, plus when we play a big team half of us will have to move.

Hardy out!

bg1264602149bus2.jpg

Come on lets be a bit more ambitious;

1250072644.jpg

Edited by BP1960

You and I both know in the scheme of things plans don't amount to a hill of beans. How many plans have we had so far?

It will be built when it's built...

That makes you sound like the brickies I work with.

My point was people are asking when it will be built when I'm not sure we've even got permission yet!

My understanding was that the club had decided to stick at BP and they were going to look at the options to see what we can do stand by stand. That was the last we heard was it not?

I may well have missed something, but I'd be amazed if work was started before 2013.

My point was people are asking when it will be built when I'm not sure we've even got permission yet!

My understanding was that the club had decided to stick at BP and they were going to look at the options to see what we can do stand by stand. That was the last we heard was it not?

I may well have missed something, but I'd be amazed if work was started before 2013.

Club have said that the stand will start to be built by the end of this season.

Apparently we have not just been given money by the coucil to build a new stand (as I thought).

We were promised money that would match any investment found by the club. (eg: someone pledges £1m, the council will match it).

As far as I am aware we have not yet found investors (or at least we haven't been told of any).

Wouldn't surprise me if we are still having same discussion in a couple of years.