Warren Feeney

Will you (not us) send him to the sanctuary  

106 members have voted

1. 1. The Poll. For you.

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

So, after not having the same opinions as everybody else, at the same time, we thought we'd try a :censored:. Sorry, a banker.

Those of you of a nervous disposition, look away now and find something else to do.

35ap4wo.png

Name: Warren Feeney

Position: *ppffft*

Bio: Signed for Latics on the 1st August 2010, he went on to feature in no less than 24 appearances for the club, and netting once. A year later he was with Plymouth Argyle, languishing at the wrong end of the fourth division and giving it large on social networks.

So it's up to you, that's you not us, to put this guy away. Do it now.

Looked like the right signing.

A striker with a decent goalscroing records in this league, a number of international caps and years of experience in football.

Ok, injuries hadn't been kind to him in recent seasons, but joining Latics made sense for all concerned.

But a key part of his game had gone. His legs. There was no pace left.

A brief cameo at Accrington was his high point. Scoring and having one disallowed as Latics tried to overcome a 3-0 deficit.

Off the field he got himself a conviction for drink driving. Not really the example Dickov would have wanted an experienced player to set to a young squad.

I wouldn't question Feeney's effort or workrate. But somewhere between the start of his career and getting to Latics he lost the instincts that a striker needs. Combine that with the legs no longer moving as quickly as they used to and Warren Feeney had, indeed, become a donkey.

I, no doubt along with many others, thought we'd pulled off a bloody good signing when we landed Feeney. Christ on a bicycle, how wrong can you be? It wasn't long before we found out why his scoring record in the League was bobbins. The cow's arse and banjo syndrome was never truer. I don't think he would have scored if we'd left him on the pitch his own after the match.

1 goal in the cup for us, 1 all this season so far for Plymuff, none since God only knows when for Norn Iron tells its own story. A big :applause1: for PD for bombing him out when he did.

It's a no brainer, so donkeyclipart19.gif

1 goal in the cup for us, 1 all this season so far for Plymuff, none since God only knows when for Norn Iron tells its own story. A big :applause1: for PD for bombing him out when he did.

He was brilliant that day when he came on at Accrington. Shame about the rest.

Tried, but was absolutely shot by the time he got to us. Spent too much time having a go at the ref / linesman in frustration of due to his own limitations. I actually felt sorry for him.

Still an Ass though.

Edited by pukka

As others have said, I was delighted when we signed him, thought it was a bit of a coup, how wrong I was.

My definition of a donkey is someone who promises so much and then fails spectacularly to deliver, or see Warren Feeney.

Rather than send him to the sanctuary can't we just boil him up for glue?

P.s. Such a safe choice, hardly any room for debate on this one. :grin:

What can be said that hasn't been said already.

Terrible player, terrible attitude, terrible goalscoring record, terrible hair, terrible spelling, terrible driver.

You know what - just popped into this thread to see if anyone else other than Lookers Carl & PlayItLivo had voted to save him; and I've just remember my "favourite" (is that the right word?) Warren Feeney moment.

It was one of the last home games of last season, and Feeney was just near the half way line; on the side of the old lookers - and he 'performed' the single most cumbersome, slow & awkward turns I've ever seen a pro footballer make. The opposition player stopped trying to tackle him as he was actually laughing too much (not very professional either that come to think of it!). Awful, just awful.

The guy had traded on pace & workrate earlier in his career, masking over a severe lack of talent. Once his legs went and his workrate dropped to almost zilch, all that was left was one seriously poor player.

Still amazed we haven't been saddled with him & that another pro team came in for him……

Shocking player & from the looks of it; attitude wise, a pretty shocking person to boot. SEND HIM DOWN!!!!!

Edited by slystallone

PV's point to Monty Burns in the last Donkey debate completely justified. Been so boring this one as it's so clear cut.

I know what you mean but I personally believe there is a middle ground between players like Davies and players like Feeney, players who weren't spectacular but weren't as bad as the likes of Feeney, like half the players Dave Penney signed