Some people are on the pitch...

I haven't myself. But on the subject of those who did and made a prat of themselves, I do remember a few got chucked out at Accrington last year celebrating an unlikely equaliser that was chalked off for offside.

Again, not Latics, but the bloke who handcuffed himself to the goalpost in the Everton-City game has apparently pleaded not guilty to entering the playing area of a football match. I can't wait to hear his defence.

I haven't myself. But on the subject of those who did and made a prat of themselves, I do remember a few got chucked out at Accrington last year celebrating an unlikely equaliser that was chalked off for offside.

It was my mate that ran on at accy. Was on big jean's back being carried back to the halfway line before he realised it wasn't a goal.

Remember running on at stockport a few years ago when eyresy scored a last minute free kick to win it 2-1

MK Dons away at the hockey stadium. Beckett scored and about 20 people including myself were on. The stewards couldn't cope with the 3/400 that went that day so god knows how they'd have dealt with it when luton - who were their local rivals turned up.

I remember seeing Latics away at Springfield Park, 1-0 down with about 10 to go we get the ball in the back of the net! Cue pandemonium and a couple of lads vault over the 3-4 foot wall holding us in to celebrate with players.

Goal disallowed, as usual, but then a race ensues between the 2 lads trying to get back over the significantly higher wall from the pitch side due to a ditch on the other side and some stewards running from the right hand side paddock who wouldn't have looked out of place at Strangeways!!!

rest assured both lads just about got pulled back into the Latics faithful; however one lad lost both his shoes as a steward ended up grabbing his feet just as he was pulled back over!

Funniest moment though for me was watching 10-20 stewards at the exit gate after the match looking for a lad without shoes on. His mates had to carry him through the gate - lol.

We lost 1-0, can't remember what year but must have been around 1997-98 ish!

No , some people follow the rules others don't.

We got in right on 3 pm at the Sheff Wed. game in 1990 , no rush was there as West Ham would beat Notts County to win the league.

So we were literally stood at the bottom , behind the middle of the goals when Redfearn with practically his last kick for the club before we stupidly let him go won the match .

It never entered my head to run on the pitch , nor my pals.

The beautiful people who did , at least twice, stopped the players doing a lap of honour .

So if we score tonight we are all going on the pitch yes to then be able to come on here in the morning and say that was me :grin:

I would like to say right now this is a wind up from me never been on the pitch although i got offered £50 by another latics fan at Exeter last season we were woeful that day and he said make it intresting i didnt do it as much as anything as the steward was built like a brick :censored:house

I would have been gutted if he would have caught me would never have lived down the embarrsment of being caught by the 18 stone bloke

Edited by laticdickovarmy

I remember seeing Latics away at Springfield Park, 1-0 down with about 10 to go we get the ball in the back of the net! Cue pandemonium and a couple of lads vault over the 3-4 foot wall holding us in to celebrate with players.

Goal disallowed, as usual, but then a race ensues between the 2 lads trying to get back over the significantly higher wall from the pitch side due to a ditch on the other side and some stewards running from the right hand side paddock who wouldn't have looked out of place at Strangeways!!!

rest assured both lads just about got pulled back into the Latics faithful; however one lad lost both his shoes as a steward ended up grabbing his feet just as he was pulled back over!

Funniest moment though for me was watching 10-20 stewards at the exit gate after the match looking for a lad without shoes on. His mates had to carry him through the gate - lol.

We lost 1-0, can't remember what year but must have been around 1997-98 ish!

Wasn't that the game also known as "The Starbuck game"?

I have! A few times all on the same day.

The day we beat Huddersfield 6-0 to clinch promotion from the third division in 1974.

If I remember correctly, the first three goals were all followed by mass pitch invasions. This prompted a threat by the referee to abandon the match. However, after the sixth, there were probably more people on the pitch than in the stands.

I was only ten at the time and thought it was the most exciting thing I'd ever done.

Slightly off topic!

I remember going to Huddersfield's old ground Leeds Road, when we played there in the late 80's (prob 87 or 88) and they needed to beat us to stay in the old 2nd division IIRC. Anyway the linesman rules out a goal for them for offside and one of their numpties jumps over the perimiter fencing and batters the linesman.

I think he got about 6 months inside for that! :jailed:

Running on the pitch when we win something, whether promotion or survival makes sense. But it annoys me when people run on the pitch at the end of the season, the kids is one thing but when you see adults taking their kids on there it is just pathetic.

I think it's great as a one off - especially for kids.

Does the club still invite us onto the pitch?

Running on the pitch when we win something, whether promotion or survival makes sense. But it annoys me when people run on the pitch at the end of the season, the kids is one thing but when you see adults taking their kids on there it is just pathetic.

Nah - this surely is the one time that it can be allowed - no worries that the pitch is churned up and maybe the only time that you get a chance to be on the hallowed turf. :blush:

Best ones for me were frankly mr shankly at Scunthorpe or Omar don't scare at the same game. Both wildly celebrated Gary mac's goal on the pitch.

You can see 'Omar' here (bald guy on the left):

ricpitch.jpg

I ran on at full time in the championship game. Touched Paul Kane!

No , some people follow the rules others don't.

We got in right on 3 pm at the Sheff Wed. game in 1990 , no rush was there as West Ham would beat Notts County to win the league.

So we were literally stood at the bottom , behind the middle of the goals when Redfearn with practically his last kick for the club before we stupidly let him go won the match .

It never entered my head to run on the pitch , nor my pals.

The beautiful people who did , at least twice, stopped the players doing a lap of honour .

You sound like a right barrel of laughs

Neither Latics or football, not even Oldham Boro although the Rochdale folk who frequent this board will know who I'm talking about: many moons ago I watched Moggy (clearly drunk) walk nonchalantly up to the wickets mid Wood Cup final at a packed Hare Hill (Littleboro vs Rochdale) in just his shoes and socks, with the rest of his attire tucked neatly in an inside out Spar bag. Pint in hand.

He didn't leap the wickets, he just wandered off again. Top lad Moggy.

Stoke away, 93 if i remember correctly, Sean McCarthy last min winner, I got over the fence and before I could get back over was grabbed by stewards and police and arrested!!! Missed the coach home, got a lift back by two of our finest officers who go to away games! Got a lifetime ban from stoke.