What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

Depends what you like. Movie-wise it's not the best, but for series and docs it's got a decent selection.

Content will last you a good few months.

Not that arsed about films but serieseseses are good. How long ago are the serieseseses from? And do you get whole box sets or just selected seasons?

And how much does it cost? I did try to google this, but was a bit baffled about the pricing tiers.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The People v OJ Simpson is decent. Strangely evocative of the time. It could be a bit more subtle, but then again it was made for Americans. Actually that might be slightly unfair. It was made by Americans who believe or strongly suspect that other Americans have goldfish memories and generally no brains.

The People v OJ Simpson is decent. Strangely evocative of the time. It could be a bit more subtle, but then again it was made for Americans. Actually that might be slightly unfair. It was made by Americans who believe or strongly suspect that other Americans have goldfish memories and generally no brains.

Yep, it's brilliant. Quite a stellar cast too...

Back in the days of dodgy DVD's I worked with a girl who offered to lend me a big blockbuster about Jesus, I forget which one it was.

I said something like "Don't tell me what happens at the end though..."

She said "Oh, I don't know. I've not watched it myself yet"

Well, what did happen at the end...?

Jesus gets executed but comes back and later does the off in far more dignified circumstances. OJ gets off but then gets it into his head that he can do what the :censored: he likes and takes a memorabilia monkey hostage in Vegas and insists on getting some of his old signed jockstraps back. To be fair, he does get a comically long stint for it.

Loving Travolta in the OJ thing, can't quite make out whether he has got the plastic surgery to look like the character or whether he has gone even more doolally?

Not enjoying the crowbarring in of the Kardashian kids to provide a hook for the morons to keep watching? Yes it is whether this spawn of the end days came to the attention of the world but it really isn't adding anything to the story.

The rest of it is good though, good example that TV is no long the poor relation to the movies.

Loving Travolta in the OJ thing, can't quite make out whether he has got the plastic surgery to look like the character or whether he has gone even more doolally?

Not enjoying the crowbarring in of the Kardashian kids to provide a hook for the morons to keep watching? Yes it is whether this spawn of the end days came to the attention of the world but it really isn't adding anything to the story.

The rest of it is good though, good example that TV is no long the poor relation to the movies.

I blame the writers for thinking that the morons need the Kardashians in it to keep them interested. Come the finale, I bet people are still excitedly split down the middle retro-style as to whether he did it or not. (Of course he :censored:ing did it!)

I blame the writers for thinking that the morons need the Kardashians in it to keep them interested.

Some would argue only a moron would know who they were :grin:

Not me, not me... :lol:

Watched the first two episodes of the new series of House of Cards last night.

Series 1 was amazing, 2 was good, 3 disappointing. It's got a bit tired now hasn't it? .

^That. It's a three-part tragedy already on its fourth part, with a promised fifth, meaning it's been quite a long time since a scene revealed character or advanced the action. I'm seriously contemplating quitting.

Just finished the series, if you're thinking of stopping, I wouldn't.

It got better last night. I still get the feeling they're spinning it out. There are moments in series 3 & 4 when it's like the West Wing with a fundamentally bad guy in charge rather than a fundamentally good one.

Plus there are too many conversations on phones about setting up meetings. If that's entertainment, I could get my fill by popping down to the third floor where HR live.

Archived