What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Always Sunny (S11) is up on Netflix. It's not started as strong as S10 did (BOGGS!) but it's still sick as :censored:, and hilarious with it.

Sorry, I've tried, I've really tried, but it's :censored:.

Me and Mrs 24 started Billions on Sky last night. The jury is out but it's very early stages.

It looks like S1 will be decent once you get over the fearsome American TV exposition fusillade, where each character comes on screen and shouts into the camera and your face about where they're from and what they want. S2 will start poorly before the successful characters from S1 somehow end up re-fighting the battle that got everyone into it in the first place. S3 could be as basic as white collar criminal of the week. S4 will be extremely poor because by that time the major cast members will also be executive producers and writers / directors.

Me and Mrs 24 started Billions on Sky last night. The jury is out but it's very early stages.

It looks like S1 will be decent once you get over the fearsome American TV exposition fusillade, where each character comes on screen and shouts into the camera and your face about where they're from and what they want. S2 will start poorly before the successful characters from S1 somehow end up re-fighting the battle that got everyone into it in the first place. S3 could be as basic as white collar criminal of the week. S4 will be extremely poor because by that time the major cast members will also be executive producers and writers / directors.

I got to about episode 7 and haven't been arsed to watch the rest yet...

I'm in the middle of series 3 and found you get the odd mildly funny episode, followed by episodes without a single funny joke. Bit of a struggle.

Wow. You really wanted to make sure it was :censored:, didn't you?

Wow. You really wanted to make sure it was :censored:, didn't you?

Well its only 20 mins an episode, and the series are pretty short. Plus, as Ackey said, he keeps banging on about it. He promised me it gets much much better as it gets on so I keep giving it a chance, but I'm not seeing much evidence of that. It has taken me about a year to watch 2.5 series as well.

Well its only 20 mins an episode, and the series are pretty short. Plus, as Ackey said, he keeps banging on about it. He promised me it gets much much better as it gets on so I keep giving it a chance, but I'm not seeing much evidence of that. It has taken me about a year to watch 2.5 series as well.

Is it going to sully your friendship when you finally accept, "yeah. :censored: that."?

Watched two episodes of Gomorrah S2 this week. As brilliant as S1.

Is Gomorrah violent as :censored:? I tried to convince the missus we should watch a while ago but she doesn't like graphic violence and so she dinghied the idea.

It's what you would expect from a series about current-day Italian Mafiosi, so far shootings (some indiscriminate, some targetted), people getting shanked and the odd hand grenade. It'd be right up your street.

I really love the style they finish episodes with. That song, interspersed with the tiniest of titbits from the next episode which give :censored: all away and proper intrigue you.

I think, in comparison to GoT or The Walking Dead it's not too violent *. It's more the cold-blooded way a character nonchalantly caps someone which is disturbing. Life is cheap to some.

* Although S2E2 had a real eyes-through-the-fingers gruesome scene.

Archived