What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game of Thrones. I'm on book 4 but I got hold of series 1 off a mate. Awesome. Just like the book. Not seen a film/show that follows the original book so closely in -well ever?!

Second series starts on Monday on Sky Atlantic.

Cannot wait. Brilliant programme.

I've just started Breaking Bad. A series about a Chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed with lung cancer so in order to provide for his family and because he has nothing to lose starts making crystal meth. Really good.

Another fan of Game of Thrones, 1st series was superb and cant wait for the new series on Monday.

Also got round to watching the first episode of Homeland (on Channel 4) the other day. really enjoyed it just need to watch the other episodes to catchup.

Anyone been watching Friday night lights on Sky Atlantic? A drama series around a high school American football team. Its filmed like a docu (shakey camera work) but its really good!

Another fan of Game of Thrones, 1st series was superb and cant wait for the new series on Monday.

Also got round to watching the first episode of Homeland (on Channel 4) the other day. really enjoyed it just need to watch the other episodes to catchup.

Anyone been watching Friday night lights on Sky Atlantic? A drama series around a high school American football team. Its filmed like a docu (shakey camera work) but its really good!

Finished homeland and looking forward to the next series. (I know you're watching!)

Got the other two queued up to watch, think we'll go with Friday Night Lights first, will probably do that over easter as there are 5 series of it to get through. Not sure if we should watch the film before or after? Probably after we've seen the TV series as although they are not linked there are similarities.

I've just started Breaking Bad. A series about a Chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed with lung cancer so in order to provide for his family and because he has nothing to lose starts making crystal meth. Really good.

That's on my radar big time. About 6 or 7 people have all told me it's the best thing they've ever ever watched. That's a fair measure of it being at least half decent.

Tonight though, I'm watching The Help I think.

That's on my radar big time. About 6 or 7 people have all told me it's the best thing they've ever ever watched. That's a fair measure of it being at least half decent.

Tonight though, I'm watching The Help I think.

It's excellent mate.

Toys with your emotions a bit though. Funny, warm but then all of a sudden heartbreaking too.

Anyone not bothered about the NHS reforms should watch this and see how much a bit of standard care for the big C would cost you should it ever come to it.

We're halfway through the second series of Friday Night Lights. Can't make our minds up whether it is just a Dawsons Creek type thing, enjoying it though, definitely has its moments but I wouldn't put it in must see television yet, about 30 episodes to go so there's time left.

Ha. My wife loves The West Wing. Feel like I've seen about a thousand episodes of it. I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't so clearly a left/liberal wet dream of what the world should be like - pleasant, but utterly unrealistic.

Today's choice for me:

Senna.

I didn't even know I could enjoy F1 until this. I used to watch the races as a kid, and the names still resonate - Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Berger, and the stalwart lesser lights I only recognised from F1 computer games - but only as background TV. This is fascinating. Prost comes across as the ultimate pragmatist, with some shady backing from Balestre, whereas Senna seems like some kind of slightly lost adventurer. Maybe that's just the choice of music and footage in the film, but I hadn't appreciated him this much before.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Crimson Tide t'other night for the umpteenth time, it never loses it's thrill.

"Mr Hunter. I've made a decision. I'm Captain of this boat. NOW SHUT THE :censored: UP!"

Elsewhere, I've just started Homeland after four-back-to-back seasons of Mad Men.

• 1 month later...

I've watched Homeland (very good, yeah there were some plot holes and the producers naffed up the BIG decision, but it was immensely watchable), half of Boardwalk Empire SEASON one (massive slog; it's not crap or anything but I just can't be bothered with it) and The Thick Of It/In The Loop (why the hell have I never watched these before?! Funniest thing since The Office).

I've got Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Mad Men and The Walking Dead on my Lovefilm list. Might have to delete BE and see what they send.

If you don't like plot holes delete Walking Dead! Typical AMC show, not many characters are actually likeable, some good bits, some poor bits. I like it in a guilty pleasure (even if I hate that phrase) kind of way. Committed to the first 2 series and would like closure now. The next series looks good, some good casting choices could really spark it back into life.

One very good thing about it is that it isn't scared to kill off "main characters" - it is a world full of Zombies, sooner or later you are gonna get got, the show at least reflects that.

I'm now 10 discs into my Sweeney box set. As well as lots of great uppercuts to the ribs it's fascinating for the background detail, just the differences in everyday life that you can see. And due to my *cough* line of work I can play the game of recognising streets during the car chases...

THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!

As someone who has read all the books out at the mo I can safely say imo that the series gets better or at least stays as good. Apparently the people making it are going to veer away from doin a book a season (They say that only the first series will be near enough just the first book) they are going to jump around a little bit between books which is a good thing as one of the middle books tends to drag a little with not many of the more interesting and likeable characters viewpoints told. There shouldn't be any difference noticeable on tv hopefully.

Also loving the extra scenes not in the book to help flesh out characters and backgrounds in order to help the tv show.

Also.... booooooooooooooobs!

Archived