What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The People v OJ Simpson is decent. Strangely evocative of the time. It could be a bit more subtle, but then again it was made for Americans. Actually that might be slightly unfair. It was made by Americans who believe or strongly suspect that other Americans have goldfish memories and generally no brains.

Yep, it's brilliant. Quite a stellar cast too...

Lads? I've suffered an episode and half of this and it's painfully bad........?

Lads? I've suffered an episode and half of this and it's painfully bad........?

I think it's got better since the nuclear attack expositions of the first couple of episodes. And besides, one of the reasons I like it is I know what happens at the end and don't have to watch from behind the sofa.

There's some decent comedy later on if you're even slightly aware of the context, such as when Darden is given second chair for the people but absolutely not because of his race.

• 3 weeks later...

Very, very good that..

Look what the BBC can still do with the money we're forced to pay them when they play it straight, no stupid :censored:ing plot lines & people hamming it up......

Speaking of hamming it up...I've been watching Line of Duty. Lots of people shouting at each other a lot. The goodies are the ones who are merely deeply unpleasant and dysfunctional. I like it but you can have too much of it.

Speaking of hamming it up...I've been watching Line of Duty. Lots of people shouting at each other a lot. The goodies are the ones who are merely deeply unpleasant and dysfunctional. I like it but you can have too much of it.

This has been excellent for 2 and a half series by their standards but then started to suddenly go all BBC in episode 4. They just cannot help themselves can they...

Watching The Tunnel, it's very good.

It's not if you've watched The Bridge .....

I started watching this again last night as the new series looks really good and the storyline looks like their own rather than a remake of the Scandinavian originals... So I wanted to be "up to date" if they reference anything/anybod from series 1...

It's actually really good. I must've been in a foul mood when I tried watching it when it was first on. Who was manager then?

This has been excellent for 2 and a half series by their standards but then started to suddenly go all BBC in episode 4. They just cannot help themselves can they...

I've got as far as episode 3 so far but can easily imagine it running out of steam. Let me guess: in a misguided search for fresh shocks and revelations, the writers lose track of what's happened previously and assume (they're not wrong in all cases) that viewers won't notice?

Yes. Typical BBC. I blame everyone who voted Tory for its scandalous lack of funding.

Game of Thrones has turned to :censored:.

Has it ever been that good?

Most over rated programme ever in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's alright but no more than a 7/10.

They should've let it flow more instead of 10 minutes each for six different stories every week.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived