What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

And an episode of Series 3 of Vikings.

I dip in and out of this now and again but it's not grabbed me since Series 1 which was excellent.

I know all they did was row over here, rape & pillage then go home but, they shouldn't have dragged that out for 3 series....

Plenty of shagging in it though...

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think?

It started well but I'm struggling 5 episodes in...

I'm in IT so I have a pretty major interest in the setting and premise. Plus for once the tech mumbo-jumbo is actually accurate and real world which is unheard of in most TV/films. My wife is enjoying it too and she is nowhere near as geeky as I am, however I think this may be related to the main character, when I said that he had been in The Pacific she did seem keen to rewatch it....

Will be interesting to see how the finale plays out, there are various strands that are reaching some sort of conclusion then a curve ball comes in in episode 9 that my wife had already suggested. Interesting too that the finale had been delayed due to the Virginia shooting???

Series 2 has already been commissioned, hopefully it won't go all Lost or Homeland on us.

I think I would have liked it more had I not read the book or seen Tom Hardy before - he seems to have started playing Tom Hardy in different accents a lot...

Yeah, a bit :censored:.

HBO or someone could have serialised all the books & it would have been far better - as with most things these days.

The days of good films seem to have gone...

I heard someone on the train the other week telling their friend to see the new film that Tom Hardy had written....Far From The Madding Crowd...

• 2 weeks later...

The Leftovers looked a right load of :censored:e, exactly the kind of right load of :censored:e my wife likes, so I downloaded it for her.

It's actually quite good.

It's set three years after 2% of the worlds population just instantly disappeared and mainly focuses around a pisshead cop who looks a lot like Coach Taylor from Friday Nights Lights (Peter Berg directs this too) acting just like Coach Taylor would if he was a pisshead cop.

I like it.

Oh, and a weathered yet still amazing Liv Tyler features prominently also

Started watching this. Don't know what to make of it.

This is England 90 was a work of art.

Started watching this. Don't know what to make of it.

This is England 90 was a work of art.

This is England was just that. Absolutely loved it.

Mr Robot started really well but became dull and a bit too odd and I couldn't bring myself to persevere beyond about episode 5.

Homeland starts this week I think

The Returned second series is also back on More4 next Friday night.

FInished Ballers 1st season last night, 10 episodes around 30 mins each - you don't have to be into football, there are a few football jokes however it's a great little series all the same.

Watching Dave Gorman's 'Modern Life is Goodish' from series 1 on demand.

Very clever, well linked and silly. I particularly like his observations from 'the bottom of the Internet'. Fair few lolz. :wink:

My wife and I really enjoy this, always found Dave Gorman funny and Modern Life Is Goodish is his best stuff in my opinion. The 'Found Poems' are funnier than a man with powerpoint really should be.

Homeland was really good last night.

It's improved massively since they offed Brodie and it's just a straight CIA thriller...

Series 2 of The Leftovers gets off to a very good, very weird start....

I've just finished Swedish series Arne Dahl which was very good.

Archived