What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it last night too. Was 'nice' - nothing overtly funny but enough that I'll go back for more.

I've been to that football ground, it's filmed at New Mills. Great club.

I wasn't that impressed but worth another watch.

'He almost got us to the FA Cup...1st round proper. But we lost. 4-0. To Clitheroe.' did make me laugh out loud though.

I thought the "Mel" reveal was wonderfully done. I liked the stern blind woman's "stop showing off" too!

Anyone watch that Rovers on Sky1 last night just watched now and it tickled me it's a comedy series set around an imaginary non league side it's got Barbs & David in from the royal family

It was better than I thought it would be, considering the advert they kept showing on Sky made it look absolutely terrible.

It's no Early Doors though.

Billions is accelerating into :censored:ness at a fearsome rate. The episode I just watched featured Metallica doing a quick blast of Harvester of Sorrow for the exclusive benefit of a fictional hedge fund wallah. The telly doesn't know how close it came to taking a kicking.

I was particularly impressed with the way Damien Lewis managed to look like a complete :censored: in the leather jacket. That was some acting that was.

I was particularly impressed with the way Damien Lewis managed to look like a complete :censored: in the leather jacket. That was some acting that was.

Truly a watch-it-through-your-fingers scene.

And how long did it take the Writing Committee to come up with the name Axelrod for the hedge fund übermensch?

Spoiler alert.

Axelrod: How do you do it?

Hetfield: I just play, man.

It's alright, Rovers. But Craig Cash is an annoying :censored: and, unfortunately, he has the biggest part in it...

Yep! His use of ":censored:e" is grating on me no end, and I use the word plenty myself! He just uses it completely out of context!

Joe Wilkinson, who wrote it, is a :censored:ing genius so I'm gonna stick with it - hopefully they'll rein Cash in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Given up on Rovers now. Craig Cash was starting to make me wish I was delivering Aid work in Syria. Such an annoying twonk...

Yeah... he's without doubt the worst part of that show. I think the rest of them are pretty fun caricatures but his is just so painfully OTT. Not that I don't know a few similar to him on here, of course!

Yeah... he's without doubt the worst part of that show. I think the rest of them are pretty fun caricatures but his is just so painfully OTT. Not that I don't know a few similar to him on here, of course!

I perservered through three episodes but the whole thing's complete dog:censored:.

5 episodes into S4 of OITNB. This season has been rubbish so far.

I like Rovers, I know it's :censored: but there's something about it that tickles me.

'Your Uncle Tel and me were around to see 'The Unbeatables' of 1975.'

'Yes. We finished 5th that season.'

Been watching Gomorrah, after convincing the missus. Season 1 was fantastic.

We're a few episodes into Season 2, which is good, but all feels a bit fractured, with the main characters all pulled about all over the place, and no real interaction between them (although, I'm expecting that to change).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived