If the club have any clue at all...

...they'll balance the news of Lee leaving with good news about contracts being signed. Try to keep the impetus up on season ticket sales, or at least soften the blow of Lee's departure with some positive stories.

Given all the fuss about deadlines, and not much else being reported, if nothing positive comes out in the next few days I may get a little twitchy.

(Yes, I know it's still very early days and the playoffs aren't even done yet, but the club keeps putting out messages about deadlines and not leaving sorting the squad until the last minute of pre-season.)

...they'll balance the news of Lee leaving with good news about contracts being signed. Try to keep the impetus up on season ticket sales, or at least soften the blow of Lee's departure with some positive stories.

Given all the fuss about deadlines, and not much else being reported, if nothing positive comes out in the next few days I may get a little twitchy.

(Yes, I know it's still very early days and the playoffs aren't even done yet, but the club keeps putting out messages about deadlines and not leaving sorting the squad until the last minute of pre-season.)

They can't give out good news if there is'nt any to give!

Contracts may have been offered to new players, but they will have the same two weeks to make up their minds

What about the Chris Porter's late strike sees Sheffield United to win over Stevenage news? Loved reading about that.

That was like a kick in the fanny, what the fook are they on about , some at the club are really inept

Good to see the free ST's for each 500 sold.. but the club will be laughing that 2 went to under-16s, and presumably the £10 tickets.. Corney said it was purely an admin cost, so shouldnt they be excluded from draws like this?

Do you really think they are picked at random? It happened last year as well.All concession tickets getting there money back! Now this year with the £10 tickets as well.

Thing is, there won't be any season ticket sale impetus because the deadline was so early. Very few will buy STs now.

Why do people get their knickers in a twist about the club running stories about the League 1 play offs?

Maybe some people who follow OAFC actually take an interest in League 1 considering it is the division we play in! It is perfectly normal for a club to run stories about its division and ex-players. This story happens to combine both of these elements.

Can you believe the Man United website even ran a story about Man City winning the title! Their fans must be horrified!

That is what friends tell me happens to them might be just a few but still lost revenue.

As the Commercial manager at Bury said, 100 pints sold is 100 more than we would have sold. Our attitude is we might only sell a 100 pints so its not worth doing. I thought the Sky Dive was for an excellent cause, but should key commercial staff have been away for a couple of days during the vital season ticket selling period? Especially after it was postponed meaning more time away from the club. Now I know I will get shot down, but days away from a season ticket deadline and right in the middle of a kit launch is poor planning imo.

That is what friends tell me happens to them might be just a few but still lost revenue.

As the Commercial manager at Bury said, 100 pints sold is 100 more than we would have sold. Our attitude is we might only sell a 100 pints so its not worth doing. I thought the Sky Dive was for an excellent cause, but should key commercial staff have been away for a couple of days during the vital season ticket selling period? Especially after it was postponed meaning more time away from the club. Now I know I will get shot down, but days away from a season ticket deadline and right in the middle of a kit launch is poor planning imo.

If they had been able to jump when they wanted they would have been away for the weekend, when neither the shop nor the ticket office would have been open. I was at the ground the day after they jumped out of the plane and whilst I got served by Billy in the shop, someone else could easily have done that- in fact Gordon was there. The season ticket renewal had 2 people working- as many as can do, neither of which was involved in the charity event. There wasn't much of a queue and I presume it wasn't that bad the day before otherwise someone would have complained about it on here. In fact the day before was the late opening day, I wonder if that was staffed by those who had taken time off to jump out of a plane?

No it wasn't, the jump was postponed on Monday 30th April and completed the week after.

It's not about the shop or the ticket office, the shop staff and ticket office staff were not involved.

How about people ringing up existing Season Ticket Holders. Existing sponsors asking whether they are willing to renew, pushing the finance option available etc, etc, always something that can be done in a pro-active sales and marketing department. Especially for a company that hasn't got a pot to piss in. Do they know about our new shirt, our new better maintained shop, the online shop? Etc, Etc…Playershare set up to help fund new signings all positive spin that could be pushed.

I was told at the last game of the season that fewer than 30 people took up the finance option last season, why is that? Oldham is an economically deprived area, anything that makes it easier for people to get to games should be pushed MASSIVELY. Too much faith is put into bunging info on the Website, in the Chron or on Twitter that's speculative marketing that will only provide minimal success. Dedicated targeting of previous and current ST holders will be more effective, put people on the spot ask WHY they are not renewing and offer solutions. Personally I'd have canvassers knocking on doors of previous ST holders, pushing BB and the £10 ticket for the kids and the joke of a club lottery. It's amazing what people would do for free match-tickets…and a small commission.

Instead of begging people to paint the ground, get people out there to bring people INTO the ground on match-day, I suggested advertising Player Share on ALL tickets but was told Player Share had to be kept separate from the club. So another opportunity lost there...

Edited by oafcprozac

For the web followers the like of the "Porter headline" are ridiculous and something the club HAS to manage better. Even though part of a big network some of the crap that comes up as news is insulting. It cant be that hard to come up with some Latics based snippets to feed into site. Photos from the skydive etc, "Progress on new stand" might be slow but ANY news is good news. Shirt sales going well to encourage. Profile of fans buying a ticket. The "World of Prozac" ;-) Doesnt matter what. Get fit with the physio ? Advice on how players are keeping fit SOME might be interested and show its a professional set up.

I dont want to be reading about ex players getting rival team to Wembley.

EDIT in fairness much more Latics TODAY.

Can I just ask - because it's been bugging me - why do you GO upper case with words in your POSTS so much?

Edited by slystallone