the reason for no signings............

I think the inference could be that some agents are saying, "Pay me a few extra quid and I'll get my boy to sign for you. If not, we'll go and find another mug who will." Could be way off the mark and I'm only saying could be because I don't fancy facing a law suit. If that's the case, I wouldn't be held to ransom either.

all the club is saying is that THE CLUB are not going to be paying any fees to agents when signing players.

they will be told to ask their player to pay them their cut out of their own salary and that they will not be paid by the club directly.s

some agrnts are paid fees via their player or by clubs directly - we are simply not paying any agent directly

all the club is saying is that THE CLUB are not going to be paying any fees to agents when signing players.

they will be told to ask their player to pay them their cut out of their own salary and that they will not be paid by the club directly.s

some agrnts are paid fees via their player or by clubs directly - we are simply not paying any agent directly

As perfect as that would be wouldnt that just put the players off signing. Agents are a joke but they are everywhere , if we refuse to pay there fee's then they aint gunna reccomend a player to sign for us , its as simple as that. If we take that attitude then we are going to miss out on 90% of our targets.

Edited by 4froale

As perfect as that would be wouldnt that just put the players off signing. Agents are a joke but they are everywhere , if we refuse to pay there fee's then they aint gunna reccomend a player to sign for us , its as simple as that. If we take that attitude then we are going to miss out on 90% of our targets.

Can't see this as accurate.

We only paid £4k in agents fees last year and there's no way we missed out on such a high proportion of targets.....

Tough talking on the ‘two weeks to decide’ and now to save about £4492 in fees. Well the first didn’t happen so will this? I just hope Lactics are not in the minority but I suspect it is not all for one and one for all but rather everyone for themselves.

We only paid £4k in agents fees last year and there's no way we missed out on such a high proportion of targets.....

If you was a player and two clubs were offering you money , but one wanted you to pay agent fee's out of your own pocket and the other offered to pay them for you who would you join. i appreciate what the club is trying to do is right , i totally agree that agents are useless arseholes who screw clubs put of money but at the end of the day that is how it is , like it or lump it.

If you was a player and two clubs were offering you money , but one wanted you to pay agent fee's out of your own pocket and the other offered to pay them for you who would you join. i appreciate what the club is trying to do is right , i totally agree that agents are useless arseholes who screw clubs put of money but at the end of the day that is how it is , like it or lump it.

But you still haven't explained where you get your 90% figure from.... Last season agents would have acted in precisely the same way but are you seriously saying that for every player we signed we lost out on 9 ??!!

the 9/10 is exaggerated , but think how many players are money-orientated , its a tough world there atm and players are gunna go for the best they can get, we did miss out on a hell of a lot of targets last year (some due to agents fees etc) and look how we ended up , the better players cost more money like it or not, and the job of an agent is to get the players the best contract they can, an agent aint gunna reccomend a player to a club who has no interest in paying their fees.

Edited by 4froale

We might not be paying the agents fees but that might mean we can pay the players more. If an agent wants £10k in order to sign a player earning £50k pa that's 20% of the wages. We could offer the player more money if we wanted him and leave it to the player to pay his agent the usual fee.

We might not be paying the agents fees but that might mean we can pay the players more. If an agent wants £10k in order to sign a player earning £50k pa that's 20% of the wages. We could offer the player more money if we wanted him and leave it to the player to pay his agent the usual fee.

Given that would cost us more due to the on costs of employment (NI and, ahem, pensions) that would be somewhat self defeating.

Greedy agents are killing the game in the lower divisions and is why there appears to be a lack of loyalty with players these days....it's in the best interests of agents that their players are moving to new clubs every season as that way they make more cash.

I really can't see the point of an agent anyway.......if you can't sort out your own contract with a club that desperately requires yor services then there's something wrong upstairs!!!!....If a player wants to use an agent then fine but I think all clubs should refuse to pay them and make it the responsibility of the player to pay their own fees.

Given that would cost us more due to the on costs of employment (NI and, ahem, pensions) that would be somewhat self defeating.

So if we offered the player an extra £100pw, so £5000 pa we would have to pay the same again in NI and pension contributions?

So if we offered the player an extra £100pw, so £5000 pa we would have to pay the same again in NI and pension contributions?

If a player chooses to use the services of an agent it's his choice and the fees come out of the players contract....why should we pay more to a player so he can pay his agent with it? At the end of the day a player gets what a club can afford...simple!

I think that would suit Corney just fine :)

If a player chooses to use the services of an agent it's his choice and the fees come out of the players contract....why should we pay more to a player so he can pay his agent with it? At the end of the day a player gets what a club can afford...simple!

We pay more to the player to make him more likely that he will want to come to us. The agent will probably get a cut of the wages anyway. My point was by not paying agents fees we aren't necessarily running the risk of players not signing. As we might be able to afford more for the player, by virtue of not paying an agent a "finders fee". A club choosing not to pay an agent a fee can afford more than a club that chooses to do so.

Good. When I bought a season ticket, I did so on the understanding that the club would use it to ensure survival and, if possible, progress. I'm glad that they're choosing to use it wisely and not be bullied into handing it over to anyone trying to hold my club to ransom.

How do you know? As I remember Dickov failed to sign quite a few players that he said were on his list, and we ended up signing players that weren't on his list. Not that I'm suggesting paying agents I'm not, and I think many clubs at our level and below will be telling them the same. Crewe haven't paid agents for years and it didn't do them much harm last season.

if a player WANTS to come they'll come, regardless of agent fees. the agent works for the player at the end of the day and they are paid by the player. if the club uses the agent to get the player to sign then the club pays the player. whats probably happening is we're making the player an offer, the agent is saying "wait, ill find you more money", then the agent goes to another club and says "look i can get you (insert player) for X amount if you pay me X."

don't panic

I don't have a problem with agents.. Fact is, they're obviously providing a valuable service to footballers so to say they're not needed would be naive. I don't want us to be bullied into paying stupid amounts but you've got to be honest and say that no payments are unavoidable.. It's obviously in palyers' interests to use agents so I can't seem em going anywhere soon.

Can't complain about people not taking to the :censored:e badge and moaning about change but not 'appreciate' the agents' role in modern football.

I reckon Corney was holding up the cue cards for Dickov's interview an all ;)