Daniel Taylor signs

young lad from newcastle, some big clubs after him apparently

TAYLOR MADE FOR LATICS

Posted on: Mon 18 Jun 2012

Latics have won the race to sign teenage striker Daniel Taylor who has been released by Newcastle United.

The 19-year-old has signed a one-year deal, which will be effective from July 1st, with Latics having the option to extend it by a further 12 months.

It is a coup for Latics' manager Paul Dickov bearing in mind Taylor had spoken to Scottish Premier League clubs Hearts and St Mirren, Preston North End as well as an unnamed Championship club.

Taylor finished top scorer last season for both Newcastle's under-18 and reserve sides.

But with the likes of Demba Ba, Papa Cisse, Shola Ameobi and Leon Best ahead of him at the Sports Direct Stadium, Newcastle decided to release the striker whose opportunities would have been limited had he remained.

Keep logging on to the official website to hear what Taylor has to say about his move along, Dickov's verdict on his capture and what Newcacastle Academy chief Peter Beardsley has to say.

young lad from newcastle, some big clubs after him apparently

TAYLOR MADE FOR LATICS

Posted on: Mon 18 Jun 2012

Latics have won the race to sign teenage striker Daniel Taylor who has been released by Newcastle United.

The 19-year-old has signed a one-year deal, which will be effective from July 1st, with Latics having the option to extend it by a further 12 months.

It is a coup for Latics' manager Paul Dickov bearing in mind Taylor had spoken to Scottish Premier League clubs Hearts and St Mirren, Preston North End as well as an unnamed Championship club.

Taylor finished top scorer last season for both Newcastle's under-18 and reserve sides.

But with the likes of Demba Ba, Papa Cisse, Shola Ameobi and Leon Best ahead of him at the Sports Direct Stadium, Newcastle decided to release the striker whose opportunities would have been limited had he remained.

Keep logging on to the official website to hear what Taylor has to say about his move along, Dickov's verdict on his capture and what Newcacastle Academy chief Peter Beardsley has to say.

We know this from the other thread :OASISscarf:

Carl Serrant signed for Newcastle from us. Maybe Beherall then but technically Kuqi's last club was Newcastle before signing for us wasn't it?

As for Taylor, hope he's the natural goalpoacher we've been missing for the last few years but that's a lot to ask for an 18-year-old. The majority of Dickov's signings are going to be a gamble but it's a gamble worth taking IMO.

So the second signing of the off season is the second teenager without a single competitive game under his belt? Well we'v had some terrible experienced players so lets hope the inexperienced lads can get it done. It's just unfortunate that we'l be throwing young lads in at the deep end but i suppose we don't really have much choice.

smith, taylor, simpson and tonks as the 4 would be ok for me - smith aint gonna do the chasing down which someone like tonks does - maybe smith knowing he has to simply be in the box and work off the efforts of tonk/midfield is what he needs - tonk/taylor do the legwork and smith finds the space.

Kuqi is off for me - big supporter of him but unless he was to cut back his work ethic thereby focusing on being in the box - which knowing him (and rightly so as it shows he isnt lazy) he would still want to run 50 miles per game so he aint gonna do it - then he does take away from the shape of the team by not being in and around the box when we need him to be.

Who knows, we shall find out in time no doubt

Really do hope we sign Tonks though, great potential and would hate to see him rip us a new one with someone else in league 1

Edited by shefflatic

11 in 16 for under 18s and 9 in 13 for reserves - 20 in 29! At that rate he would make our season. Playing against Premiership reserve teams is he stepping up or down?

How many did Tom Eaves bang in against reserve teams?

Not to be pessimistic - this might be his level - welcome to Oldham Daniel

Some nice words said about him but that's all expected. I think Dickov is answering the critics later in the season by saying: "However, I hope fans appreciate there are likely to be times when his form dips due to his age and lack of experience."

I'm totally in favour of having some young players around but there are too many now. As much as I'd love for the youngsters to spring a surprise, we all saw what naivety can result in, even in League One.

It's premature to say much because I'm sure PD is looking at experience. However, he will be judged on the squad he chooses to build, and at the moment, as with last year, it involves young, naïve and inexperienced kids.

However, these two lads (Connor Brown and Daniel Taylor) could develop into good footballers.

Some nice words said about him but that's all expected. I think Dickov is answering the critics later in the season by saying: "However, I hope fans appreciate there are likely to be times when his form dips due to his age and lack of experience."

I'm totally in favour of having some young players around but there are too many now. As much as I'd love for the youngsters to spring a surprise, we all saw what naivety can result in, even in League One.

It's premature to say much because I'm sure PD is looking at experience. However, he will be judged on the squad he chooses to build, and at the moment, as with last year, it involves young, naïve and inexperienced kids.

However, these two lads (Connor Brown and Daniel Taylor) could develop into good footballers.

You never win nothing with kids..................................how many league titles later with the scum?

Welcome to BP Dan.

To a League 1 side like us, youngsters released from Prem sides are bread & butter signings. You just have to hope that they flourish and come good on their potential.

I worry that we've now only Matt Smith and Dan Taylor leading our line. 2 very inexperienced players, potential - yes; sure. But i'm hoping PD has another senior striker up his sleeve; what we need is a 25-28 year old with 200+ games under his belt to supplement these young; raw lads.

Lookimg forward to seeing what Taylor is all about though.

And. The main stand lot will be extactic - they wont have to change their "bloody hell Taylor" moans now......