2 signings imminent

mellor played CM vs Carlisle which is where we were originally told he was best in and he looked the part.

I hope we look at DM, CW, DF and JW as our midfield with 2 others at LB - good robust midfield if so.

Would be happy with Smith Simpson Taylor and Tonk

Add in the Croft and Taiwo rumours and if so, looks a decent little 15-16 players

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisak

? - M'Voto - Tarkowski - Brown

Mellor - Furman - Wesolowski - Millar

Simpson

Taylor

We still need two wingers and a central defender at bare minimum - wouldn't really want Mellor/Millar on the wings this season, would want more experience and someone who doesn't do the Taylor style of cutting inside. I'm just being picky.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Cisak

Taiwo - M'Voto - Tarkowski - Brown

Mellor - Furman - Wesolowski - Millar

Simpson

Taylor

We still need two wingers and a central defender at bare minimum - wouldn't really want Mellor/Millar on the wings this season, would want more experience and someone who doesn't do the Taylor style of cutting inside. I'm just being picky.

Taiwo at LB in your team above?

a.) we haven't signed him and b.) isnt he a central midfielder; and a box to box one at that?

If he plays left back & I've missed something apologies.........

on my above post, I forgot about Kirk Millar. We've 2 'in-house' young lads you can "do a job" on the right of midfield then.....that said, would still prefer another more seasoned player in there (fingers crossed on Morais)

Taiwo at LB in your team above?

a.) we haven't signed him and b.) isnt he a central midfielder; and a box to box one at that?

If he plays left back & I've missed something apologies.........

on my above post, I forgot about Kirk Millar. We've 2 'in-house' young lads you can "do a job" on the right of midfield then.....that said, would still prefer another more seasoned player in there (fingers crossed on Morais)

My Mistake - why do i seem to think he's black and plays LB? just had a wikipedia reality check.

you need c.25 players, i don't care what anybody says.Otherwise it will be an endless trail of laons and trialists. You also need some experience.

Cisak

Bouzanis

RB: A.N.Other + Brown

LB: need two

CB: M'Voto, Tarky, need two, + that kid.

CM: Wes, Deano, Winchy, + at least one other,

Wide: Millar, Mellor, plus at least two others (if not three given the lack of experience).

Forwards: Simpson, Smith, Taylor, plus at least two others.

We need 10-12 players if we are to compete and avoid the revolving door that has been our season for years. Promoted teasm all have big squads. Charlton signed a shed load of players last year. We can't afford that, but this is the minimum number if we are to have a good go. Keep going PD....

Nucleus of a nice team/squad coming together, think we still need a couple of good LB and RB. Liked Reece Brown as a CB but not keen on him as FB but can provide cover there. I believe Taylor scores lots of his goals with his head so need good crosser of the ball. IMO Lee Croft and Tom Taiwo would also be quality additions.

Is Nathan Clarke fixed up yet? I think he would be good acquisition if possible.

Got my ST and really looking forward to the new season!

If we sign croft we are going to have an expierenced midfield which will be good for the team. Expierenced is needed this year to mix in with the young ones. Heard rumours that Andy Taylor is signing as well anyone else heard it

It was <Matt Chambers who described signings as "imminent" wasn't it? Not the club...

It was <Matt Chambers who described signings as "imminent" wasn't it? Not the club...

I thought somebody got an sms saying two signings imminent.